Refilling Bloog MaxxFusion Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilgrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Orlando
Can someone give me a synopsis on the best way to refill these cartos? I've been doing some reading and am getting more confused by the moment. Do the cartos need to be boiled and dried before refilling? WTF is a Taryn Spin? :lol: Do you take the plastic tip off and drip down the sides, or drip directly into the tip? What is the condom method? How many drops of liquid do I put in a carto?

It seems like there's a lot of info out there, but these cartos seem to be rather unique, so I thought I'd ask here for instructions specific to the MaxxFusion PV. Thanks everyone !

So many questions..... but hot damn, this is exciting ! :)

Griffin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
With a rubber cover on the battery end (the cover with the plug inside), I just pop the cap off the carto, tilt the carto at a 45 degree angle and drip down the inside, rotating occasionally. I take my time to be sure that the juice is soaking in, just in case the carto was not completely empty. If the juice stops absorbing into the filler material, then the carto is too full.

I've found that, if the carto is pretty much completely depleted, I can safely add 25 drops with very little risk of it leaking.

Then I let them sit for a while before I use them so the juice can distribute evenly.

Griffin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oh, and I should add that you should blow the refilled cartos out before putting them on your battery. Just remove the rubber caps, and blow through the mouth end of the carto into a tissue, and then dry off the carto. This should remove any excess juice that could drip into your battery and ruin it.

Last edited:

Gardner808

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2011
GA
I am a newbie so take my methodology with a grain of salt.

I pull out the plastic plug and drip down the sides, rotating it as I do so. The number of drops varies wildly for me because I can become strangely obsessive about getting the maximum amount into the cart. I am working on developing a process so it less random. Anyway, after that I centrifuge the cart by swinging my arm around and then let it set for a bit. Lastly, I blow gently through the mouth/vaping hole onto a paper towel and dry off the atomize/battery end.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
With a rubber cover on the battery end (the cover with the plug inside), I just pop the cap off the carto, tilt the carto at a 45 degree angle and drip down the inside, rotating occasionally. I take my time to be sure that the juice is soaking in, just in case the carto was not completely empty. If the juice stops absorbing into the filler material, then the carto is too full.

I've found that, if the carto is pretty much completely depleted, I can safely add 25 drops with very little risk of it leaking.

Then I let them sit for a while before I use them so the juice can distribute evenly.

Oh, and I should add that you should blow the refilled cartos out before putting them on your battery. Just remove the rubber caps, and blow through the mouth end of the carto into a tissue, and then dry off the carto. This should remove any excess juice that could drip into your battery and ruin it.

That's a very good summary. I wpuld only add that ypu should let it sit a while after refilling it, to let the juice absorb into the fibers.

I am a newbie so take my methodology with a grain of salt.

I pull out the plastic plug and drip down the sides, rotating it as I do so. The number of drops varies wildly for me because I can become strangely obsessive about getting the maximum amount into the cart. I am working on developing a process so it less random. Anyway, after that I centrifuge the cart by swinging my arm around and then let it set for a bit. Lastly, I blow gently through the mouth/vaping hole onto a paper towel and dry off the atomize/battery end.

That's basically a Taryn spin, named after the ECF member who first pointed the method out. If you put the cart into a bag, you can do the same thing easier.

I have seen a video that Leaford did showing the Taryn Spin and filling with the condom method.. He used a lanyard for the Taryn spin method which looked much easier then spinning your arm around..lol which is what I have been doing also!

jayvap33

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
USA
home.comcast.net
That's basically a Taryn spin, named after the ECF member who first pointed the method out. If you put the cart into a bag, you can do the same thing easier.
Find a small cup and put a thin rope on it to make your centrifuge. A MUST HAVE for chainvapers.
Or you can use the battery pouches that come with starter kits and batts.

Evilgrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Orlando
Thanks for all the info guys.

I suck at refilling so far. I think it's a combination of impatience and lack of experience. Yesterday, I attempted to "spin" a carto to absorb more juice and proceeded to shower my relatively new and untreated La-Z-Boy with 20-30 drops of chocolate mint juice. Brilliant. Perhaps I should have put it in a Ziploc bag or something first?

nycsublimegirl

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
NYC
make sure to wash your hands as well ....nicotine can be absorbed through the skin....

I suck at refilling so far. I think it's a combination of impatience and lack of experience. Yesterday, I attempted to "spin" a carto to absorb more juice and proceeded to shower my relatively new and untreated La-Z-Boy with 20-30 drops of chocolate mint juice. Brilliant. Perhaps I should have put it in a Ziploc bag or something first?

slim66

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2010
USA

You may have done this, but just in case -- you need to make sure that the cartomizer’s battery end condom plug is in before you spin it or a lot of liquid will come out during the spin. I hope this helps.

Here's another description I found:
“The Taryn spin maximizes the amount of liquid you can fill your cartomizers with, no matter what filling method you are using. After filling your cartomizer, just place it battery end down in any kind of bag, a ziplock, a battery pouch, or even a Leaford Lanyard, and spin it. The centrifugal force forces the liquid to the battery end, leaving room for more liquid!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread