Refilling Carts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeezix

Jul 1, 2009
I just received my first PV today and am having no little difficulty adjusting to it.

After reading all the reviews and perusing this forum for a couple of weeks I ordered a DSE 901 to sport around with and a DSE801 with USB bypass for when I am sitting here at the puter.

My problem is this:

The carts which the supplier sent already filled work great but when I tried to juice a couple of them up it's a real disappointment.

I read that the 901 took 2 to 3 drops and the 801 5-7.

I gingerly added this lower amount and hardly got any vapor at all. So I went the limit. Still no good.

So I exceeded the limit (ruining one battery I think. It won't charge), and that provided a decent head of steam! For a few puffs anyway then it gets wimpy again.

I filled them by depositing the droplets into the fibrous mesh exposed when one removes the cartridge from the matching atomizer. I can't imagine you are supposed to refill them from the mouthpiece vent. This wasn't covered in the manufacturer's manual.

All in all It sure doesn't resemble any of the video reviews I have seen.

Since it happens with both of them I suspect it's operator error so what am I doing wrong?

The prepackaged ones worked very well. What did they do that I didn't?

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Ok...On filling carts for the 901 & 801 -

I still fight with mine (I have both models) - so you're not alone...but this works best for me.

Take a tweezers, and shove the fiberfil in the cart down towards the mouthpiece of the cart.

fill the cart about 3/4 with liquid

use the tweezers to pull the stuffing back up flush with the top of the cart....if you do it slowly, the fiberfil will absorb the liquid on top of it, and there will be no pooling of liquid on the top.

If you still get wimpy vapor after filling like this - try dropping a drip or 2 directly on the atty wicking before you put the cart back in....but be warned - sometimes this floods the atty.

Welcome to the forum.

Skeezix

Jul 1, 2009
You mean I have to remove the stuffing to put the gravy in?!
Now that's a detail they certainly should have mentioned in the users guide.

I'm new at this I only got my equipment yesterday but it sure seems like we have to go through a lot of gyrations just to get a satisfying (hopefully) smoke. It requires some degree of dedication and discipline.

Thanks for the tip Vicks and the welcome o'course.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
No - don't pull the stuffing out - shove it down into the cart.. then put the liquid in on top of it....

Then pull it back up.

And, yes, these little toys of ours do have a learning curve, and can be fiddly and fussy. Stick with it, though...they're worth their weight in gold.....I love my PV and will never willingly touch analogs again.

Last edited:

mamacat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2009
WS, NC, USA
That is great advice Vicks! :) It is exactly what I used to do. Now, I have added the straw cart mod, so I don't have to adjust the filler on every refill. It allows the air to escape so the juice goes down further into the cart filler. When all else fails, tho, I go back to the "push, fill, pull" method, even with the mod.

Welcome Skeezix! :)

STILLSMOK9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Esoteric State of America
No - don't pull the stuffing out - shove it down into the cart.. then put the liquid in on top of it....

Then pull it back up.

And, yes, these little toys of ours do have a learning curve, and can be fiddly and fussy. Stick with it, though...they're worth their weight in gold.....I love my PV and will never willingly touch analogs again.
I use your method too!!

It works great, better get a patent!!! ;-)

Drunkwaco

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
Denver Colorado
New member here sorry to extend this theard. i got the a a week ago and will have to try these these suggestions above but i also wanted to know should i be using my 510 like i would a cigg as far as inhaling? or is this more of a cigar type method where i should just hold it in my mouth for a moment or 2 then release?

Skeezix

Jul 1, 2009
I used the "Vicks" method.....Compress the innards then fill er up then pull the wick back into place.

It worked! Good advice Vicks. Thanks.

I must say though, I get a few rewarding puffs right after filling then it gets wimpy again. If I set it down, once again, a few good vapors then thin wisps.
Unless I am doing something wrong (and I do everything wrong according to my G/F) they are going to have to develop a better juice delivery system to make these gadgets practical.

Anybody else experiencing this phenomenon? Maybe it's my Chinese juice? Do some liquids perform better than others?

I really do like the concept of E cigs but refilling cartridges all day long gets kind of cumbersome.

Any advice or instructions would be welcomed.

Thanks

P.S.

They are kind of fun in public. Today I walked into a Walmart and immediatly the greeter chastised me, "You can't smoke in here! Put that out!" So I calmly placed the "lit" end into my ear and rotated it then dropped it into my shirt pocket and apologized.
What fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread