Refilling my own blu cartridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crissi

Aug 7, 2011
Ormond Beach, FL
I have been seeing around this site that some refill their own cartridges. Is this really cheaper? What liquid do you buy? And can anyone that does this, tell me how they do it? I found a video where you just take a paperclip and pull out the innard where the smoke comes through, and drip your liquid in there. I am very interested, as the whole reason for going electronic was to save money, (not the whole, but a big one!) and am interested to hear everyone's experiences.

Alac

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
With the new cartomizers, pop off that end cap.
Drip down the sides untill the stufing is wet, I've noticed about 10 drops or so.

Go slow, you don't want it to drip down the middle tube.
Depending of the juice, you may have to wait while it gets absorbed.
After this wait, you may be able to get a few more drops in there.
If you vaped it dry, the Blu cartomizer might be able to take 15-16 drops.

Since they are auto batteries, it really is better to not overfill them, leeking can lead to destroying the batteries.

Crissi

Aug 7, 2011
Ormond Beach, FL
Thanks so much Alac! I can't wait to try it. Another question, what liquid do you recommend? I actually am afraid I am having a throat reaction to something in blus cartrages.. I remember reading here the other day of someone having the same problem, and here I am, throat swollen, can't hardly swallow.. The more I vape, the worst it gets the next day..I hope o can figure this out bc I love mu blu!

Alac

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Ok, now is where info is needed....

What MG nic are you useing?
What Flavor?
What did you smoke?
What flavors are you looking for?

And a word of advice... Drink Water!!!
Dehydrated throat cound be an issue when switching to vapeing, and one of the most common.
High Nic can also be an issue if your not used to it. Blu's "high" nic is like 18mg, which isn't really that high, unless you smoked ultra lights.
PG juice is another issue people have, if your useing the Blu, they use VG juice so its not a PG reaction.
Other flavors can couse throat issues, Menthols and cinnaman are biggies. Try a different flavor.

I refill Blu cartos ith Johnson Creek Red Oak line, its VG. I Try to use VG becouse I seem to have a PG sensativity.
I would suggest you refill with PG if you can, and use a "similar" flavor. (Menthols in the Menthol, Cherry (or fruit) in the Cherry, etc...)
PG is thinner and soaks into the carto quicker.

Last edited:

Crissi

Aug 7, 2011
Ormond Beach, FL
Thanks so much Alec for taking the time to try and help me. I really appreciate it.

I am using the lights from blu (medium I guess?) I love the fruity flavors, the cherry and vanilla are good. I feel like I miss the cig taste, so I ordered some of the classic tobacco flavor from blu.. I don't mind it, but it still has a sweet taste to it foo, and doesn't taste anything like a reg cig to me.

I will continue to try and drink more water. I seemed to be doing better with making sure I drank when done vaping to rinse my mouth and throat good. However, last night I drank wine all night (yes another dehydrating factor) and vaped

Crissi

Aug 7, 2011
Ormond Beach, FL
Thanks so much Alec for taking the time to try and help me. I really appreciate it.

I am using the lights from blu (medium I guess?) I love the fruity flavors, the cherry and vanilla are good. I feel like I miss the cig taste, so I ordered some of the classic tobacco flavor from blu.. I don't mind it, but it still has a sweet taste to it foo, and doesn't taste anything like a reg cig to me.

I will continue to try and drink more water. I seemed to be doing better with making sure I drank when done vaping to rinse my mouth and throat good. However, last night I drank wine all night (yes another dehydrating factor) and vaped

Crissi

Aug 7, 2011
Ormond Beach, FL
Sorry.. Hit reply on accident.. But I vaped way more than usual, kinda compared to how I would smoke a whole pk of reg cigs within a dew hrs when drinking.. So I am sure that made my issues worse. But I really like vaping and I didn't have these kinds of issues with analogs.. So I am worried that it causing these issues is going to deter me from vaping eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread