Refilling the Green Cig from V4L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Sep 27, 2009
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to refill the Green Cig carts? I bought one recently, assuming the carts where the same as the Vapor King carts, but they aren't. If anyone has any tips on how to refill the I would greatly appreciate it. I have been trying dripping the juice straight into the atomoizer end, and that seems to be working somewhat.

radwor

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
san diego
The best way is to remove the end cap and then using a dental pick, pry out the cartridge that holds the poly fill. Once out, just fill it up with juice and reinsert. They are tough to get out the first time and that's why you really need something like a dental pick which is sturdy enough to do the job.

Yes that will work but you will trash the tube, especially if its the aluminium one. I found the best way to get the cart out is to use a thin stiff wire like the inside wire from a guitar string (steel) with a 1/16 L bend at the end. slide the L bent doun the straight edge of the cart turn 45 degrees and pull the cart out. works super easy.

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
... Then take out the little black o-ring, scrape away the white glue / caulk. then tap the carto until the interior white cartridge gets down to where you can easily pull it out with a pin or clip of some kind... pull the filler out of it, add 10 - 15 drops of your fav liquid. Put the filler back in, and top off slowly a drop at a time until it stops soaking it up. NOW you have a completely full and ready to go cartridge for your cartomizer.

Be sure when you put it back in, that the longest / raised part of the wet end, is pushed down onto the raised / highest part of the wick that you can see down inside of the cartomizer. Pop the white mouthpiece back on the top. Good to go!

Take care,
- Hap

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
Yes that will work but you will trash the tube, especially if its the aluminium one. I found the best way to get the cart out is to use a thin stiff wire like the inside wire from a guitar string (steel) with a 1/16 L bend at the end. slide the L bent doun the straight edge of the cart turn 45 degrees and pull the cart out. works super easy.

That sounds like it would work better than using a dental pic. However, I do use a dental pic and I don't trash the tube. Ya just gotta be careful. ;)

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
I thirds the video, pretty please - i'm love to see the guts of a green cart-zer.

One trick I do so that the little white cap on the end of the mouthpiece doesn't come off in your mouth (or pop off and roll around on the floor), is to fold one of the rubber condoms that came with the cartomizer longways into half then half again (open end down, solid end up), and cut the point off the top with sharp hair-trim scissors or kitchen scissors. This results in a circular opening that matches the airhole on the cartomizer - slip the condom over the mouthpiece and no more worries about the cap popping off . Also soft on the teeth.

Hope this helps!

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
I did post some really crappy pics... lol - I will do a video as soon as I get me a webcam - which will be this weekend. My camera busted a few weeks ago now, and all I have is a little 10 dollar cheapo with no flash, and if you breathe on it when you take a picture - it is blurry.

So... the video is coming by weekends-end :D

Take care,
- Hap

gib

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
Overland Park, KS
I thirds the video, pretty please - i'm love to see the guts of a green cart-zer.

One trick I do so that the little white cap on the end of the mouthpiece doesn't come off in your mouth (or pop off and roll around on the floor), is to fold one of the rubber condoms that came with the cartomizer longways into half then half again (open end down, solid end up), and cut the point off the top with sharp hair-trim scissors or kitchen scissors. This results in a circular opening that matches the airhole on the cartomizer - slip the condom over the mouthpiece and no more worries about the cap popping off . Also soft on the teeth.

Hope this helps!

Here's what the guts look like:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vapor4life/34429-direct-dripping-greencig-cartomizers.html

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...

needvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Treasure Coast Florida =)
YES it IS worth the extra effort and there really isn't any need to pull apart.. I just drip through the battery end.. takes a few extra minutes as it is one drip at time..you can watch the juice suck in.. on 4 hrs I can get about 6-8 drops.. they burn the juice (well drew's HV juice) really well! They produce 3x more vapor than the Kr808 and the hit isnt soo harsh!
.but if you like to play.. check this thread out...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/nhaler/44341-first-impressions-green-cig-cartomizers.html
I just pulled out the inside cart and replaced with filler from a 510 dripped on it, put the little rubber piece from a Kr808 cart into the greencig cart and whalla! works like a dream! I will get a video up soon..myself or demulta! ;)

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California

SharpandPointy

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Taxachusetts
I am going to make the jump to cartomizers at some point. I am however stuck between the KR's and the Greencigs. It seems that everyone has their own idea on which is best. I like the idea of being able to go out and not worry about dripping and refilling. Just change the Carto'.

I will probably end up buying both and make the decision for myself.

Thank you all for this wealth of information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread