Refund from SmartSmokerUSA & SmokeAnywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This is for those out there who may have been mislead by these companies and believe that your money is gone forever.
I finally got my refunds from both SmartSmokerUSA and the SmokeAnywhere people.
It took over a month with each of them but after emails and phone conversations, they both come thru with full refunds.
I returned what they sent as "Free Trial $9.95" when each of them jumped over $100. on my credit cards before the "trial periods" were up and then sent me emails saying they were putting me on an automatic send me carts every month program.
I do feel lucky to have gotten my refunds without having to do that charge-back procedure with the Credit Card Companies. Having had my own businesses since the 70's, I know that companies can choose to be in their integrity and still make a profit.
The great part about all this is that I am so totally enjoying vaping, found ECF and community and am looking forward to being analog-free. :D

o2tangoagn

Nov 26, 2009
Seal Beach, CA
My first e-cig purchase was from Smoke Anywhere. I'm still going through the refund process. They also threw a 49.95 charge on there for carts-their recurring monthly charge . Really deceptive advertising which ...... me of. Make sure you get delivery confirmation from the PO when you do a return with them. Even so refunds are very slow.
Got a Red Dragon outfit that I like much better.
Got a Crown 7 cigar kit yesterday and the Jury is still out.

Mike

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Excellent. I happy to hear of your success in getting your refund.
I have been using a 510 ($35. kit and PCC from Cignot.com) with the blue foam mod from this site. I am using lots of different flavors. It is fantastic and lots of fun to separate myself from the "this is the brand I smoke" habit from analogs.
I also just recently got a DSE-901 from GoodProphets.com and it is for me like a sports car compared to the 510. It is not better, just different.
Vape on!

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi Suzanne,

I'm currently using a Crown 7 and a Red Dragon. I have three kits on order one of which is a 901. I'm still searching for that perfect smoke also but I'm determined and enthusiastic. My analog stuff is down 95% in less than a month. Fantastic!

I'll keep you posted,

Mike
Excellent. Determined and enthusiastic could be our vaping motto. I am of the mindset that every analog I do not smoke is one step closer to being analog-free.
I'm finding that vaping has gifted me the best of both worlds, eliminating the tar and junk and keeping the act that I enjoy.
Vape on!

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sorry you weren't able to get your refund. If you used a credit card, it is easy to just notify them that you were charged with something you didn't contract for...probably the thrown in the trash isn't retrievable to mail back by now, however. At least, it lead you to PV's and this journey to getting rid of the analogs.
I really like my 510 and where I mainly enjoy the tobacco flavors, I am really starting to embrace all the flavors.
I get the little 3ml samplers to start. It certainly is a whole different world than analogs and sticking only with "the brand of choice".
Vape on!!!!

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Suzanne,

I've been back a couple of days now and have been vaping and testing as much for myself as anything. Still trying to figure out what is best for me.

I'll write you some evaluations tomorrow.

Mike
Glad you are back. I have been enjoying a variety of ejuice from several different supplier i.e. good prophets, cignot, strictly e juice, ms ts bakery, rocky mountain vapor, V4L, vermont vapor, my freedom smokes, best eciggy. Some of this has been a process in figuring out the just using the juice w carts and dripping. Some has been my taste awakening and enjoying the flavors rather than just that "my brand" tobacco search.
I have ordered some Lorann Flavorings to see what happens when I add more flavor to some of the flavors I have received from the suppliers above.
Looking forward to hearing about your process in moving from that first experience with the rip-off company.

Ordered from heaven-gifts.com :

1) Joye510 mini e-cig. This is my favorite so far. I got it with the manual button. I would not get the button next time. EASY draw suprising good battery life. Best e-cig I have found so far. Easy to ad liquid to the carts.
2) DSE905 I think this works pretty well. Its a heavier model using a rechargable AA 3.7 volt battery. Carts don't hold much but are an easy refill.

From Red Dragon Products. Sometimes it works really well. Short battery life, short cart life. Expensive carts hard to refill. Hard draw. This would be my favorite if it worked as well as the

From Magento. The crown7 cigar. Unquestionably the best customer service. Simply awesome. Also generous with your order including extra carts. I like this model as I can hold it in my mouth & puff onit. Good battery life. The draw can be pretty variable & nis not as easy as I would like.

I feel my favorite so far is the Joye510. Where did you get yours, Suzanne. I'm going to get more accessories.

Hope this helps, Mike

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I got my first kits ($35.) from the gals at Cignot your Midwest Electronic Cigarette store.
Super great service, prices, fast shipping, excellent communication.
Just got the L2 510's in great metallic red from StrictlyEjuice.com, Flavor Shop! because cignot only has black.
My DSE901 is got from Rob at Home Page and he is also closing out all 510 stuff and you can pick up a PCC (I really like the convenience of being able to charge bats away from electrical or usb sources).
Enjoyed your reviews of the other models.
By the way, did you vape on your trip to Colorado?

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

I got my first kits ($35.) from the gals at Cignot your Midwest Electronic Cigarette store. (Cignot your Midwest Electronic Cigarette store.)
Super great service, prices, fast shipping, excellent communication.
Just got the LC 510 from
http://www.strictlyejuice.com
in a great metallic red.
Rob at http://www.goodprophets.com currently has some 510 stuff on close-out. You could pick up a PCC so you have power anywhere to charge your batts.
Enjoyed your take on the other models. I got a DSE901 from Rob and really like it for variety.
I also got a great deal from Dave at http://www.rockymountainvapor.com on titanium and copper 510 set.
Wow, this is a long way from the smartsmoker and smokeanywhere close call. Those models and carts were really bad and expensive. Now we can have lots of different colors and flavors and spend $$$ when WE choose.
Did you have a chance to vape on your trip?
P.s. I tried posting this in answer to your latest but I think I was too many layers down for it to show up. 8-o

Hi Suznnne,

Thanks for the info. I ordered from cignot last night. There prices seem really reasonable & you are right about communication. I ordered a couple more 510's and a PCC. I had not seen your last or I would have checked out goodprophets. No matter. I was making some mental calculations this morning & I have probably spent somewhere north of 600.00 trying to figure out what I wated in the ecig world. My smoking has dripped by 99% now so I consider the money very well spent. Early on I even tried a couple of the 16.00 kits from dinodirect. They work suprisingly well for the price and much better than many products that are far more expensive. They make a good cheap throwaway or backup. The charger is built into the cig box & that I didn't like. What is the deal on the atomizers? I havent had any failures yet. Are they pretty reliable? Have you ever cleaned one?

Trip to Colorado went smoothly. Yes I vaped. I had about three chargers going in the car including an inverter and a 12 volt usb charger. I was using primarily a red dragon and the Crown 7 cigar. Went through plenty of the RD carts. I think the Crown 7 cigar might be my favorite if the damn thing didn't have such a hard draw. On my way home I took SR 71 from Limon, Co. all the way north to Kellman, Nebraska where I picked up Hwy 80. I made it as far as Laramie & they had shut down the highway. I got a motel & spent the night & made it home the following day.

Take care Suzanne, Mike

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'll be heading to California the first of January and coming back towards the end of the month...like you, depending on the grace of the Universal weather powers that be.
You are going to love the convenience of the PCC. You won't have to be so connected to power for at least 4 chargings of 510 bats.
I haven't had any attys "go bad" yet. I blow them out (from the threaded end) whenever I get that gurgling sound which means I have overfilled cart. I also have recently tried putting a couple drops of straight pg on the atty and blow is out. Then I hold the button on the bat for no longer than 5 seconds and blow into the atty and let the vapor do a little more cleaning (I make certain that I add a drop of juice on the atty after this so it doesn't burn dry accidentally if the juice from the newly filled cart doesn't hit it for a draw or two).
I do have several 510's and the 901 going at the same time with different flavors. This means I don't space out and get any one atty too hot and so this may make them hold up longer.
I also have a system where I keep the 510's vertical (cart down) when I'm not using them or laying on just a slight incline if I'm switching back and forth a lot. Seems to keep the juice where it belongs and still give me instant good vaping without the gurling or burnt taste (although I usually get that burnt taste just before the battery goes blink, blink, blink etc. signaling it wants to be charged.
I just got some Lorann flavorings to experiment with and I haven't tried them as yet. Perhaps later this weekend I will have time to play more.
Have a good. This is great to be sharing techniques as we explore vaping.

rage

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Wisconsin, USA
Vapetastic.com
My first e-cig purchase was from Smoke Anywhere. I'm still going through the refund process. They also threw a 49.95 charge on there for carts-their recurring monthly charge . Really deceptive advertising which ...... me of. Make sure you get delivery confirmation from the PO when you do a return with them. Even so refunds are very slow.
Got a Red Dragon outfit that I like much better.
Got a Crown 7 cigar kit yesterday and the Jury is still out.

Mike

Deceptive? They're not deceptive. You didn't look into the fine print. You didn't do your due diligence.

Dacoopah

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
Deceptive? They're not deceptive. You didn't look into the fine print. You didn't do your due diligence.

Not a *terrible* post, but the conversation was going nicely between two folks just getting into vaping and sharing their experiences. This post seems disruptive to that flow, and comes across as someone trying to troll a negative response.

Carry on SuZamme and o2tangoagn - ignore the man behind the curtain, and may you have continued success in your vaping adventure!

I haven't had any atty problems yet either. I'm mostly using the 501, the DSE905 (which my research reveals a striking resemblance to an ecig they call "the screwdriver"), and the Crown7. The DSE905 is heavy & bulky but great for setting in an easy chair for a little deep vaping. Anyway my attys are probably still getting a break in spite of my heavy draw when I use them.

I did read a pretty laudable review on some type of a mini-Crown7 that sounded pretty good. I'm going to check that out.

Today is my first day with no analog use whatsoever. I had to finish my last box of Tampa Jewels before I would quit but that was the deal I made with myself. I stretched out those cigars for a long time with the help of the e-cig and the craving seems to be gone. The upcoming week should tell the tale.

Pretty neat, really!

Thanks for your always informative tips.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread