• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Refusing health care due to religious beliefs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Refusing health care due to religious beliefs?

Are parents wrong for denying health care to their children?
In the 70’s Colorado contemplated making it a punishable offense for any parent or guardian to deny medical care based on religious beliefs.
Which side do you stand on?
Are parents/guardians within their right or do you believe they are wacko for doing so?
Have States gone bonkers by not making it against the law to deny health care, or if they do, are they over stepping their boundaries again?

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
Its one thing for an adult to refuse health care based on their religious beliefs but its another for a child to be denied health care. No parent should be allowed to deny health care for their children. It should be against the law and I believe it is. There was a child a while back that had cancer that would response to chemo with good results. The parents decided not to allow the child to receive chemotherapy. The state ruled against the parents and the mother took the child where law enforcement could not find them. Eventually she returned and the child had to receive chemotherapy.

No parents should be allowed to let there child suffer based on their religious belief.

Raven_Blackblade

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Kent, Washington
In the state of Utah, if a parent puts a child in danger. They are in BIG trouble.

It goes even as far as pregnancy. Look it up. It is nuts!

Let me give you an idea of how crazy Utah is.

A mom and her family are moving. She is 3 months pregnant. She is carrying a box down the stairs, and accidently missteps. Causing her to fall down the stairs, or even just slip on her bottom enough for her to miscarry. She ends up in Jail because she killed her unborn child. Even though it was an accident, she is still tried for murder.

Absolutely insane, and makes me glad that I can no longer have children.

violetgypsie

Jun 7, 2010
Montreal
Oooh, touchy subject... and one that is much larger than this question.

What one would consider "health care" another might not. Right now the pharmaceutical companies are the ones that can define what a "disease" is and they are the only ones that can provide the treatment... something wrong with that picture too.

Until there is complete transparency in "health care" I don't think this an answer that can be easily answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread