Regarding Amp rating of EFEST 18350 IMR Batteries and voltage drop of AW 18350

Status
Not open for further replies.

thevyrus

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2013
new york
Hello all, just wondering if anyone came across any info regarding the amp rating of the red efest 18350 800mah batteries. I am looking to use these in a mechanical with a coil between .6-.8 ohms. wondering if this battery can handle that amp draw. (i have 4 panny cgr18650ch's and 2 ncr18650pd's as well which i know will handle this with ease with a 10A rating)

Also, I have some aw 18350s, use them stacked in my vamo, and they are excellent. Only thing i noticed is that once it gets to 6.9-6.8 volts, as read on the vamo, it drops to 6.4 (as low as 6.2 sometimes) rather rapidly (in 8-10 drags or less). I feel I dont need to change them as they are stacked and supplying more than enough voltage and never lose vapor production till the vamo reads "Lo V" and doesnt fire. The dropoff rate toward the end is much more quick than the initial drops from 8.3v to 7.4v. Is this common for these AWs (my icr 18350 batteries stacked and cgr18650's relatively have a more even discharge rate throughout the life of the battery)? Should I not even let them get down to 6.8 6.7V in stacked mode? thanks, i am just learning about batteries.

thevyrus

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2013
new york
Thanks for the info! I tend to run stacked batteries exclusively in my vamo, as its the only way to achieve the device's limit of 5 amps (device is only bucking voltage). I vape 1.2ohm coils at around 5-5.3V (4.2ish Amps), so i could not get the same experience with a single cell (amps are limited with one cell because the device needs to "boost" voltage, unless of course you vape at 3.7V or less).

I have used my cgr18650ch's in the vamo for a long time until i just stacked to see what all the fuss was about, and since then i never went back. However, those gray panny's will work great in my mech mod as they have a 10A limit, but sadly that doesn't make a lick of difference in the vamo. btw, This is just from my own experience, i could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread