REGULATED DEVICE is CHINA TAKING OVER again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ej1024

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
usa
Hi guys I have been vaping for the past 2 years I have seen how the vaping community exploded,I own a SEVEN 30 regulated beast,and a CANA MOD 30 watts, all china..
Same guys that created those mods mentioned above are currently producing 50 watts and a 100 watts regulated mods,do you guys see china taking over the regulated devices again?
And do you guys see ur self quitting mech/unregulated mods?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nytebreed

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Boston, MA USA
Considering the E-Cig was invented by a physician in China...not surprised.
Plus less overhead and govt. restrictions makes for an easier time developing and manufacturing.

I don't think Mech's are going anywhere any time soon, but I think that they will become more of a nice thing and less of a performance thing since the tech is only going to improve.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I don't see China taking over the mod market except for the low end entry level where they have always held an advantage. The Chinese business philosophy has always been to make mods cheap so that they can be purchased cheap. But should they break, have them buy another. To heck with repair services or a warranty worth some salt. China may have the electronics for the DNA chip, but if the body shell falls apart with the first drop it becomes an expensive paperweight.

At some point in time customers become tired of repeatingly replacing cheap mods which fall apart or just stop working. There will always be a place for higher end mods from manufacturers who provide a better built model, customer service, repair availability, and a great warranty. A concept which China can't compete with.

For example, Provape has announced they are coming out with another high end PV this year.

There's a niche for every level and style of vaping.

Last edited:

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
I don't see China taking over the mod market except for the low end entry level where they have always held an advantage. The Chinese business philosophy has always been to make mods cheap so that they can be purchased cheap. But should they break, have them buy another. To heck with repair services or a warranty worth some salt. China may have the electronics for the DNA chip, but if the body shell falls apart with the first drop it becomes an expensive paperweight.

At some point in time customers become tired of repeatingly replacing cheap mods which fall apart or just stop working. There will always be a place for higher end mods from manufacturers who provide a better built model, customer service, repair availability, and a great warranty. A concept which China can't compete with.

For example, Provape has announced they are coming out with another high end PV this year.

There's a niche for every level and style of vaping.

10,000 x 10.00 = 100,000

500 x 200.00 = 100,000

Depends which market you are appealing to.. You can still have the same profit margin.

p7willm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
Lansdale, PA, USA
I know the Chinese clone of the Evolve DNA does not use the same electronics, The board layout is different and some of the components are different. There is also firmware that is not the same.

Not saying one is better.

The SX chips are not clones. They are designed from the ground up by YiHi, and are different from any american chips. The 350 has buck circuitry to deliver below battery voltage and more than 30 watts, 50 soon down to .2 ohms. The specs for the 330 100 watt chip also say they buck but I have not seen one yet, the 50 watt 330 specs say it does not. I will say I think the SX chips are better than the Evolve DNA 30.

As the market for ecigs expands and regulated mods also expand you will see, like anything electronic, that companies outside the US will build them.

While anyone with access to a machine shop can build a mechanical mod you need a lot more to build the electronics that go into a regulated mod. The only company I now of that builds a mod and the electronics that go in it is provape. and I doubt they do more than select components to go on a board of their design. All the other mods involve one company to make the housing and another to make the board, and all of them use components made by a bunch of other companies.

Purple Toast

Verified Member
Jun 5, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
The IPV's coming out at 50 watts (sx330 chip) seem like alright performers, although I doubt the wattage is truely accurate.

They do come with a 12 month warranty so I believe the mod is pretty consistant and reliable. However, if one does break on you, I bet you would have to wait for it to get to China and back... a long long wait.

Garym93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2014
New Jersey
The IPV's coming out at 50 watts (sx330 chip) seem like alright performers, although I doubt the wattage is truely accurate.

They do come with a 12 month warranty so I believe the mod is pretty consistant and reliable. However, if one does break on you, I bet you would have to wait for it to get to China and back... a long long wait.

The warranty center for pioneer4you is in california

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread