• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

regulations lithum batteriers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goyder

Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
South Australia
There should be no problem...
FedEx, DHL...etc... it will be business as usual.
The January 2013 regulations can be found here....:confused::confused:
It's basically setting an international shipping & packaging standard for air carriage of lithium batteries worldwide.
Currently Australia Post restricts mail containing lithium batteries to road freight.

Last edited:

Goyder

Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
South Australia
Thanks for posting the regulations. I had a look through. Whereabouts are you guys buying your Li batts from?

I'm still in the noob stage kiwivap, my batteries for vaping are the eGo-C style currently which I have sourced from Vapebar in Perth.
I see many others are buying from HealthCabin and a fella on AussieVapers (Supersport600) who has an eBay store.
If you're talking about the 18650 style of battery for your style of smoke cannon, I use these batteries in equipment in my line of work.
We source these from all over the globe, unfortunately our suppliers don't offer sales to the general public.
Thats how I knew about the regs regarding the air freighting of batteries
Sorry I can't help you out mate, but... I see you do some good work helping out other vapers with your blogs.... good onya mate!
Here is some interesting info we received by email from one of our suppliers.
I hope it's of interest to you and many other vapers.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hi Goyder,
thanks for replying. I buy my small e-cigs and ego size batts overseas, but have bought my 18650s etc locally from an ecig vendor. They aren't commonly sold here tho. I've checked out a few electrical shops and they have never seen AW IMRs before. Some of them look quite mystified. :laugh:Appreciate the link.

Goyder

Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
South Australia
hi im buying mine from smokeless imagine....ive got 5 coming in post .........do you think I did the wrong thing....getting that many at once...?

You'll be right as rain Abracadebra....:)
One of my workmates too has also ordered up on batteries during the sales in the USA recently (using USPS) and it's all here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread