• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

religious folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
So, the only gripe I seem to have with a lot of Atheists (yes, even though I am one, doesn't mean we have to agree on everything) is that so many Atheists are anti-religion. Why? It makes people happy, they get to see their friends, they get to do community stuff together and go to brunch on sunday and stuff. What's so bad about that? I think they are all a bit naive. I also don't believe in Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny, but I'm not going to make you feel bad if you do and it makes you happy.

ZorbaTheGreek

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
I accept it as a reality of the time we live. But I think in the long run, people essentially allowing themselves to be fooled into believing fairy tales is bad for the collective intelligence. It's also another dividing line we don't need (religious war anyone?) Look how many years scientific thought has been set back by religion. I don't think it's a big deal. I certainly don't try and force my ideas on reality on others. But I think in the long run, society without religion is something that would be beneficial. Or at least religion backed way out of peoples lives and decision making processes.

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I accept it as a reality of the time we live. But I think in the long run, people essentially allowing themselves to be fooled into believing fairy tales is bad for the collective intelligence. It's also another dividing line we don't need (religious war anyone?) Look how many years scientific thought has been set back by religion. I don't think it's a big deal. I certainly don't try and force my ideas on reality on others. But I think in the long run, society without religion is something that would be beneficial. Or at least religion backed way out of peoples lives and decision making processes.

Well put.
If only those that are still "practicing" the various religions would follow their own doctrines...i.e. judge not, do unto others as you would have them do unto you etc. As you know, the list is very long of the doctrines that are NOT being "practiced".

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!

Oh, I see. You mean like this:
YouTube - Imagine

When you put it that way I must agree with you:)

AJMoore

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Here and back

Zorba - well put. I really don't care what people do with or for themselves as long as its not forced on me as part of my reality (government, schools or social). I don't want to police what you do in your bedroom, just keep it there and stay out of my bedroom.

I can't say there is NO God and make people behave and believe as I would like them to. But they can't say there is a God and make me believe and behave as they would like me to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread