The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Remembering 73 (aka 73ckn797, Frank Prescott)

Discussion in 'The HHV Army' started by Bronze, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Please leave your thoughts of Frank on this thread and we will get them to Frank's family.

73(Frank).jpg

Frank Prescott
    1954 - 2013

2. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Frank, you were a great friend to us. The Army reserves this post for you. Take it whenever you want it. It's yours forever.

We will miss you.
    The Army

3. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Frank had a very special gift of making people laugh. He was genuinely funny. So, so, so rare. What a talent he had. Such a sad day today losing Frank. But what a memory he leaves us...a man of many laughs. I don't think he'll mind if we take a break from laughing and just mourn him for awhile.

We'll miss you friend. Make 'em laugh in heaven Frank. :)

4. Robino1

Robino1 Resting in Peace ECF Veteran

Frank (it's weird typing his name. He's always been 73 to me) and Biv both have the same twisted humor in how they see things. When both would get going....I would be in stitches from laughing. I miss that the most.

A man very knowledgeable in mechanics and selflessly would help those with car problems. A man whose faith grew even stronger in the face of his illness. We were blessed to have him with the Army even though it wasn't nearly long enough. I'm glad that he felt close enough to us to share what he was going through. He is now with our other friend that went before him just 6 months ago. I do hope they have found each other and are looking down on us.

The love for HHV brought us together. The love we have for one another keeps us together.

Frank, you are missed.

5. MwSlim

MwSlim Slumerican Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 7, 2013
    Livonia, MI
    Didn't know Frank for very long but in the short time that I did he was a huge inspiration to me. I've never met someone with such a strong faith in god. Even in his hardest times he stared down death without a fear. He was a great man and will truly be missed by many. My thoughts and prayers are with his family

Rest in Peace 73

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

6. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Adam posted this on his thread....

Heather and I and HHV team would like to take a time out to remember Frank Prescott (73ckn797)... Frank was a long time customer of ours and a hoot here on the forum. You will be missed... Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family...

Adam

7. gthompson

gthompson Free at last Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2011
    Tennessee, USA
    I'm just stunned. Why? We all knew this was coming. I think we all just kept expecting a miracle.

You will be missed my friend, you will be missed.

8. Dusty_D

Dusty_D Original Guru Senior Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    ** Copy of my comment on Frank's FB page**

Thank you for your friendship, Frank. Your faith and trust in God has been truly inspirational in the short while that I've known you.

Rest in peace my friend.

Much love and prayers extended to the Prescott family and friends!

9. beckyblue

beckyblue Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 29, 2010
    Los Angeles
    [​IMG]

RIP Frank. His was a life beautifully lived, and he was a delight before he fell ill and and inspiration after. As I've said, I first met Frank in the Musicians' thread in the Lounge, and he was so supportive and encouraging, saying just the right things to an impatient beginner. He really knew guitars inside and out because of his natural curiosity and dedication to learning, just as he was self-taught in a wide array of interests, but he was unceasingly modest about it all. I will remember him for these less than common virtues along with his stand-out humor, warmth, optimism, and strength even in the hardest of times that we all appreciated so much in the Army. He will certainly live on in all of our memories.

Wishing strength and comfort to his RW friends and family, as well as to all of you.

10. Chakris

Chakris Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Bangkok, Thailand
    ***I also include a copy of y comment on Frank's FB page.***

Frank, thank you for sharing your experiences with us over the last few months, your faith has inspired many and your humour kept a smile on our faces. We'll meet again on the other side and have a nice long bike ride, I'm sure. To the Prescott family, I raise you up in prayer - may God heal you hearts and strengthen you. God bless.

RIP Frank

11. MostlySunny

MostlySunny Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2012
    Arizona
    I will miss you Frank, you were a very funny, kind and helpful man. If your family reads this... Thank you for sharing him with us. I've seen very few walk the walk he needed to near the end with as much faith as he did. I know he left a void behind and pieces for you to pick up, lean on Him like Frank did. Praying in that you find comfort.

12. MrPicC

MrPicC Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2012
    Lone Star State
    Reading his posts on Facebook when he could find the energy to post made me smile. He was a man who wasn't scared of death. He was a man full of faith in his lord and that's very commendable. He jokes will be absolutely missed and from looking thru all the photos of his family they will continue that humor for a long time to come. We will miss you Frank. Till another day in the future perhaps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

13. EddardinWinter

EddardinWinter The Philosopher Who Rides Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2012
    Richmond, Va
    Well Frank's passing was something I know he was looking to with open arms. For him, I celebrate as he journeys home. The rest of us stuck on this rock will miss him. Always a patient, knowledgeable, friendly and humble soul he impressed me right away when I met him in the forums. I shall miss his humor and amazing good spirits through this and every other situation I saw him in.

Rest in Peace, my friend.

Hear Me Roar!

14. *RJ*

*RJ* Guest

My heart breaks for Frank's family, but yet I feel joy in having known him here at ECF. What a funny fellow he was! He loved his family and he lived life to the fullest. He loved and lived. He was an inspiration and his memory will be carried through all of us. So through our tears and grief, I can also find joy and celebration in having been touched by his presence and friendship. Rest in peace Frank, and hugs to his family.

This song reminds me of him and has always been one of my favorites so I post it here to honor him.

15. NeoLogic

NeoLogic Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2013
    Queens, NY
    I can't say I knew him, or many of you for very long. By the words I'm reading from all of you it seems that he's touched all your lives in some way. Sorry for the loss of your friend guys. Bless him and his family.

16. PapawBrett

PapawBrett Travelin' Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    First and foremost, Prayers and Condolences for those he leaves behind. May Our Lord and Creator be with Frank's loved ones during this time of great loss. I say great loss because those of us who only knew him through the internet were deeply moved and impressed by him, even though the time we shared with him now seems too short. 'Southern Gentleman' comes to mind, and Frank truly was. It is not place to Judge, but He who does receives a faithful servant who Journeys Home today. Godspeed, 73.

17. Hulamoon

Hulamoon ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 6, 2012
    Waikiki Hawaii
    Dear Frank, You will forever be in our hearts. God bless you and your wonderful family. Your strength and faith are an inspiration and you have touched mine and many others' life for the better.

18. Iowa Gal

Iowa Gal Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Central Iowa
    To Franks family continued prayers and strength as you deal with the loss. If I had to use two words to describe Frank it would be Funny and Faithful. We will miss his wit...he so often brought a smile to my face. We are inspired by his faith and he has certainly reminded me the importance of faith in my life and to enjoy each day with family and friends. Our Lord has called him home and I know that one day we will meet again.

19. bivie

bivie Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Damon, TX near Houston
    All I can say/do is post what I posted in the Big Thread:

I'll say it like I said to Bronze about Frank: People like to say those who pass are in a
    better place. With Frank, we can know it's true because of his testimony. When many
    people would have been mad at God, Frank was giving him glory. RIP good buddy.
    Thanks for the laughs.

20. 76bridget

76bridget Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2013
    OK, USA
    Thank you Frank for all the laughs, but mostly for your faith in our Creator. You were truly an inspiration to all of the Army, and I know your family is comforted knowing you walk with the Lord now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.