Removing rubber/plastic taste from parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapeSoniq

Jun 15, 2011
DMV
I'd fashined myself a gummy tank out of a couple rubber stoppers, a short section of hose and a LR dual coil carto awhile back but only recently brought it into my daily rotation. I like the hose because it's easier to work with than a polycarb tube. The sliding during refills is much easier, I can cover the slits on the bottom with the lower stopper, making a seal to prevent leaking, and then pop out the top one and pour juice in there.

The only problem with the setup is even after letting it sit unused for a week or so, I can still taste the plastic/rubber. I've done a bit of reseach online, most say to soak in vinegar or baking soda + water for 24 hours but I was wondering if anyone had already succeeded in accomplishing this.

Last edited:

NicksVap3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
Maine USA
MAY be wrong but...
the MAP tank uses the ce2s guts, and the tank replaces the stock tube, raising capacity
a gummy tank uses the tank as a dripper or such, having holes drilled or cuts slit in the bottom of a carto tube to "feed" juice into the carto from the tank.
never had either... but to me the gummy tank would be the choice because its more universal. works with ce2s, or cartos with filler. dont need to disassemble the carto to salvage parts... just a small hole or slit and slide the carto in the tank

am i right gummy?

mj64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2011
State of Confusion
Sorry if this is off-topic but what is the difference between a gummy and a MAP (mostangrypirate) tank? It appears they are the same thing, with MAP being the more used term (vendors and such)

Am I wrong in this assumption? Sorry if it's old stuff, I'm still new to this whole community/world of vaping ;)

They are variants of the same thing..... With a gummy tank you generally only slit the carto as opposed to cutting it completely off..... Gummy also sports a side fill on his....

mj64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2011
State of Confusion
I'd fashined myself a gummy tank out of a couple rubber stoppers, a short section of hose and a LR dual coil carto awhile back but only recently brought it into my daily rotation. I like the hose because it's easier to work with than a polycarb tube. The sliding during refills is much easier, I can cover the slits on the bottom with the lower stopper, making a seal to prevent leaking, and then pop out the top one and pour juice in there.

The only problem with the setup is even after letting it sit unused for a week or so, I can still taste the plastic/rubber. I've done a bit of reseach online, most say to soak in vinegar or baking soda + water for 24 hours but I was wondering if anyone had already succeeded in accomplishing this.

I use rubber parts and have no issues. If you are using a soft plastic tube I would say that's where the taste is coming from and you will not beat it....

stealfdawg

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2011
clarksville, tn

wash them in a heavy DAWN solution HOT ... WATER soak in 91% isopropyl alcohol over night re wash in DAWN AND H A W AGAIN rinse good to go....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread