Renewed faith in my Volcano

Status
Not open for further replies.

nocomply

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2009
Princeton, Indiana
So, I got a blu for cheap, it was bad. Atty I think was blown, no biggie, I still got a great deal.

Then came speak of Volcano....supposedly some newer versions with some kinks worked out, of the blu.

So, I gave it a shot, since I am a super tiny mini fanatic. Got the deluxe kit, and 2 extra batts, and 2 extra attys.

So, I got it, it was missing the pcc, the usb plug and cable, no biggie, I called them, they got it right out.

So, I charged the battery, took 5 minutes and it went green. So, I got my Menthol Carts out, put it all together...and vaped...

Well, I gimp vaped, is about what it was.

The vapor was pretty much nill, and the taste, reminded me of a mix between, them horrible weeds in your yard you have to cut EVERY week that won't die, popcorn shrimp, and ..., all mixed up....<<<figuratively, but to get the point across, the tasted, was wretched....

It tasted soooo green and disgusting. So, I thought, you know, I really want this to work since I am now a super mini man(dse084 FTW!!)

I tried adding my juice, I tried, long hard draws, quick hard draws, and still the same. I got mouth fulls of juice and still that same taste....no vapor to boot.

So what did I do????

Simple steps that gives me a unit that has great taste, vapor production about 75% of my retired 510, and not only a decent throat hit, but some tounge bite to boot.

I rinsed the atty in hot water for 2 minutes. Then, I rinsed out the filler in hot water for 2 minutes. Then, rinsed out the cart and dried it all. A couple quick shots of canned air(not bittergent kind) to get the remaining water out.

Then, I fill the cart first, 75% full. Then, added the clean dry stock filler. Then, topped it til it was taking no more. I put it on my atty, and let it sit for 4 hours.

Then, came back, repeated the washing process on the cart/filler, but not the atty. Not sure why I did that, but I did, and refilled.

Now, I am enjoying the Volcano very much. The trick is VERY slow, VERY light draws. I get very consistent vapor, very consistent taste, and about 3-4 second draws every time. It seems I am getting more use out of a cart, after rinsing out the factory junk in there.

My juice is 18mg dekang, 60% mint, 40% TAB custom blend, with a dash of vg...wonderful vape right there.

At any rate, I don't have any affiliation with Volcano, nor am I getting anything from this information. I just am trying to share my method to get a good device with others who may be frustrated. This may work on blu, IDK, but it seems the volcano attys are built better. They just look more "not cheap" looking.

For a mini, if you take time to break it in right, which is what I am now calling what I did, it's a very fine performer.

As an example, I have retired my 510 because I can fill a new empty, and within 6-8 draws, it tastes burnt and there is still 70% of the juice in the filler. I put 2 more drops, repeat. The flavor is not consistent, on new, old, whatever attys. Vapor out the ...., but, vapor is nothing without taste.

I don't get that with either my Volcano, or dse084(main go to device).

Thanks for reading, and vape well!

JohnK

Sep 24, 2009
Roanoke, Va
I ordered a Volcano because I was looking for something smaller than the Red Dragon, something compact for whatever reason.

Initially I can't seem to get much vapor, and it sounds like a great deal of air getting in through the atomizer/cartridge connection. I pulled the cart off, reseated it, tried again with no better results. Pulled the atomizer off, screwed it on the other battery, reseated the cart again, still not much vapor.

I just came across some tips (including your post here nocomply) about slow draws being the trick, and also a suggestion to remove all of the foil from a new cart. I'm not delving into dripping my own yet (still working through the newbie phase) so I'm trying to make this work the best I can with my limited knowledge and experience.

I'll give these ideas a try when I get home this evening and really hoping I can get some better results because I like the compact size, and the PCC too. My RD apparently doesn't have a PCC accessory so it would be nice to have a model that can be charged on-the-go.

Also, I submitted requests to Volcano through their online form twice the past two nights, and no response at all. I'll give the phone number a try tonight and see if I get any better results.

Thanks for posting the write-up nocomply!

Applejackson

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Albany, NY
As an example, I have retired my 510 because I can fill a new empty, and within 6-8 draws, it tastes burnt and there is still 70% of the juice in the filler. I put 2 more drops, repeat. The flavor is not consistent, on new, old, whatever attys. Vapor out the ...., but, vapor is nothing without taste.

I don't get that with either my Volcano, or dse084(main go to device).

Thanks for reading, and vape well!

Have you tried the straw mod with flat tip carts on your 510? They tend to remedy the problems you're having with it.

nocomply

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2009
Princeton, Indiana
another thing I have found, that if you have a fat paper clip...like not the smaller ones, but the ones like inch and a half or so long(they are stronger) bend the end out.

Before attaching your cart to the atty, push on the very edge of the inner cart till it bottoms out...IE, you are pushing it toward the mouth hole/away from the atty. It will stop once it bottoms out. I find this to be the optimal placement of the inside cart that holds the filler/juice.

Any closer than bottomed out, it will put too much liquid in the atty and it will juice log it, and gurgle and stuff...

I push all my inner carts down now...all the way down, even if you use prefilleds, I noted that the carts are sat in at different distances in, more or less. Get in the habit of just pushing them down before popping the cart on the atty.

As far as the straw mod, I will surely give it a try this weekend. I have read about it, just understood it to be a mod for assisting filling, not wicking or such.

I may read 'em, but I guess I don't always understand 'em...

Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread