REO CLONED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Having owned many a ride starting with Toyota 4 x 4 s in the late 80,s then a lemon Tacoma 4 x 4 in 95 (that ended my dealings with Toyota) to at least 12 new Hondas between my wife and myself from civics to accords to ridgelines, oddyseys and pilots, I thought I bled honda.

Till I drove this:

View attachment 462736

I traded my pilot and never even said goodbye to it. I've had this 2015 5.7l charger for a month now and I can tell you there is nothing honda will EVER make that could rival the experience this charger throws down. Nothing. They (Hondas) are great cars but the driving offers nothing except a boring as hell drive. The only time I looked forward to driving any of our new Hondas was for like the first 3 days. Then it's just nice, solid but vanilla driving. Period.

But my wife still loves her odyssey after like 5 of them and hates my car. I mean HATES IT. She will get another odyssey in the near future too.

It's cool. I've got no worries about her taking my BEAST on Fridays or anything.

Now when I have to take her van to gas it up its like a ride in a penalty box. And it's a beautiful van, just boring as hell compared to American Muscle.

But I'll always Ride Red :)

Now back to the regularly scheduled program.

Nice ride!
I wish I could own a muscle car as a daily driver, but I put 2-300 miles a day on my car and a 340ci v8 as a daily driver would put me in the poor house when gas is $4 a gallon

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Nice ride!
I wish I could own a muscle car as a daily driver, but I put 2-300 miles a day on my car and a 340ci v8 as a daily driver would put me in the poor house when gas is $4 a gallon

Thank you bro :) yes, 13.5 mpg avg would have sucked when I commuted. Now I work from home and am like the soccer (basketball in our case) dad so it works great :)

Here's a little vid of it in action and that is one of my 4 legit REO grands you see there for a second in the vid :)

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
i have 2 of the kui bf mods ,,the positive tab on every one of them ever made leaks bad ,the hole for the positive post is too dam big to seal properly ,but a reo grand tab fits perfectly if you straighten out the loop

great thing bout the kui,i don't have arc marks on my batteries like i do with my reos

good thing about my BF hitting the market,it produce more options for the bf crowd

Reactions: Bookworm

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Ps. I think the REO being cloned is piss poor but people that buy that shizz are likely to be the type who support the clone industry in general and are not the type who will ever buy an authentic. They are just cheap people.

I've removed all the cute little Chinese women from my FB page. Anyone who is against clones should do the same. You will take away a bunch of ads for their BS products and they are prolly a bunch of dudes anyhoo with fake avvies :)

1. Rob dodged a bullet for years. He was lucky. We all knew it would happen, it happens in every industry, not just e cigs.

2. Rob will get advertising and exposure on a scale he would never be able to achieve on his own, and he will get tons of orders based on the clones.
He is established with a solid reputation. Clones at this point will help him. No one company can donate any industry.

4. I like Rob and REO mods. Just one look at his website tells me he could finally better with a business manager helping him with the business allowing Rob to focus on making mods.
If he is losing money it's not the fault of clones.
Example: Go to his website and tell me how many click until You actually see mods for sale?
Not a good layout.

I choose not to spend money on products I feel aren't worth the asking price.
Not cheap, educated.
I have no loyalty to a company that hasn't shown me reason.
I am not Loyal "by default" to any company.
I actually offered help to ROB with advice from a retired owner of a manufacturing company that made suspension parts for drag cars.
I know my stuff.

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Wow.
I was with ya until you Insulted me.

1. Rob dodged a bullet for years. He was lucky. We all knew it would happen, it happens in every industry, not just e cigs.

2. Rob will get advertising and exposure on a scale he would never be able to achieve on his own, and he will get tons of orders based on the clones.
He is established with a solid reputation. Clones at this point will help him. No one company can donate any industry.

4. I like Rob and REO mods. Just one look at his website tells me he could finally better with a business manager helping him with the business allowing Rob to focus on making mods.
If he is losing money it's not the fault of clones.
Example: Go to his website and tell me how many click until You actually see mods for sale?
Not a good layout.

3. Cheap people? Really?
I choose not to spend money on products I feel aren't worth the asking price.
Not cheap, educated.
I have no loyalty to a company that hasn't shown me reason.
I am not Loyal "by default" to any company.
I actually offered help to ROB with advice from a retired owner of a manufacturing company that made suspension parts for drag cars.
I know my stuff.

Insults are easy when you aren't standing in front of the person you are insulting. If you were, you wouldn't insult me...at least not more than once.

Bro, no insult intended, that's for sure. My bad. Ima edit that part out. There ain't enough good people in the world to go around insulting the ones there are. My apologies man.

But lol, I would insult anyone that deserved it in person. You my man don't deserve it :)

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Bro, no insult intended, that's for sure. My bad. Ima edit that part out. There ain't enough good people in the world to go around insulting the ones there are. My apologies man.

But lol, I would insult anyone that deserved it in person. You my man don't deserve it :)

No worries man. I over reacted a bit.
I ran out of coffee this morning and haven't been right all day
:)

I honestly think with the right game plan, Rob will reap huge benefits from the clones.

No REO customer will buy a clone over a legit REO.
Not a single one.

However, tons of newly grown bottom feed enthusiast WILL graduate to the best made squonkers after developing their taste on cheap clones.
Clones will take squonking global.

With proper guidance, REO will explode(figuratively) with growth.

I'd brace myself and prepare my shop for the flood of new customers about to knock on his door.
Rebuild that horrible website and get those products out there.

And buy some good shades
Robs future is extremely bright.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I liked Zen's approach. He offered a "Clone upgrade service" where he would upgrade the clone to meet his specs per item. Adding a quality switch was so much, etc. and the work was quite reasonable. By the time someone finished all the upgrades, the price was more than if they had bought one from him.

Thing is, I'm attracted to REO's for dependability and service. New mod of the week and buying merry-go-round gets old.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Is a clone of the regular Grand or the LP Grand?

Regular grand I think.
What's the difference between the two?

It's hard to tell, since they used pics of an actual REO Grand(not LP) from the REO site, along with the description. I guess we'll find out once someone actually receives one of the clones and posts actual pictures.

The difference between the two is, the original grand has a catch cup in case a regular 510 atomizer leaks, it goes in the cup and drains back down, this means it can only fit smaller diameter rba's like the rm2 that rob modified. The LP REO has the cup milled down so that it can fit wider diameter rba's.

LP stands for Low Profile.

I won't be buying one of these clones. I did buy a smokeless owl, and I like it a lot, enough to reinforce my desire to save up and buy an authentic REO.

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
I don't really see the existence of the clone affecting the sales of authentic Reos mods, as others have said, buying a Reo is about customer service and a solidly built mod. They are to bottom feeders what Nicoticket is to juice.

Personally I would not buy the clone, nothing against buying clones, but I just don't understand why you would clone the looks of a Reo, it is like getting plastic surgery to look like Jackie Stallone.
My main issue is the look of the mod, especially the buttons. Really not my cup of tea.

Blah Blah subjective etc etc

Reactions: suspectK

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread