Status
Not open for further replies.

CJLite

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2010
USA
Hey Piano. I have a brushed aluminum Grand, and it has very faint brush lines that aren't very noticeable unless you view them at an angle. It looks polished in the photos and to the casual observer. I'm thinking about re-brushing it with maroon/burgundy Scotch-Brite so it has more of a heavier brushed chrome look. I've seen photos where people have used the maroon/burgundy Scotch-Brite to brush their automotive parts and wrist watches, and the results looked very nice. If I do re-brush it, I'll post some before-and-after pics.

Pianoguy, i had polished aluminum doors for about 6 hours until I scratched it from having my keys in the same pocket as the grand :(

Anyway, I took some 120 grit sandpaper and did some straight lines top to bottom and now I love the look of brushed aluminum. Now it hides scratches and it actually looks kinda cool.
but the brushed aluminum pics i see on here (not yours), still have that shiny coating...unless people think they have brushed aluminum and are wrong...but shouldnt you NOT be able to see your reflection if using brushed aluminum ?

Here is mine after making it brushed aluminum due to OCD and scratches .

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
P1010168.jpg P1010172.jpg More pics  of REO 041.jpg

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
Hey Piano. I have a brushed aluminum Grand, and it has very faint brush lines that aren't very noticeable unless you view them at an angle. It looks polished in the photos and to the casual observer. I'm thinking about re-brushing it with maroon/burgundy Scotch-Brite so it has more of a heavier brushed chrome look. I've seen photos where people have used the maroon/burgundy Scotch-Brite to brush their automotive parts and wrist watches, and the results looked very nice. If I do re-brush it, I'll post some before-and-after pics.

Yeah just make sure to make even upand down strokes, you can see my after pics on post 51 on this page. It came out very nice and I put some aluminum/stainless steel cleaner to even out the stroke lines and it looks really good. I prefer it like this since you don't see as many scratches. I did this to the back of my ipod touch also, I like it like this.

Jmitchelliv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
there he is again .... great pic my friend .... waiting for the wood ..walnut /burnt door for me it just looks good in wood....but your is better you have it ...lol....

lawnman3...

Thanks, man. I was hoping to nab a mini to add to the collection tonight, but that didn't shake out. I hear Rob should have more soon... might have to add one of those sweet new woodys too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread