Status
Not open for further replies.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
My most recently purchased reo is intermittently not firing. It is about a month old, direct from Rob

Not sure if it related, but last week I decided to see what the fuss is with low ohm, tried an 0.3 coil for a day, troubles started soon after.

I cleaned it, applied noalax, which got it going most of the time. The spring looked a bit skewed in my panicked state so I swapped it out to be sure.

I took some photos just now after cleaning again with a new toothbrush

I've tried a few atties, all have the same problem. I know it will be some silly hoople thing I have missed, I went through sticky threads trying to figure it out. Hoping she doesn't need a holiday at the spa

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
I had a similar problem with the addition of a lot of arcing on a new Reo Grand. Did the whole cleaning thing, too.

As a last resort, I removed and replaced the spring but before replacing it, I put noalax under the spring and dabbed some on the spring screw. I also got some DeOxit gold to use on the batteries and contacts.

Not sure what the problem was, the efforts I took did remedy the problems. For all I know, it could have been a case of the batteries being slightly dirty. Sure am glad more than one Reo was available while problem solving!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I spy...

Based on the photo, the 510 connector doesn't look right - it looks like the center post is pushed waaay down inside there. Could just be how it's showing in the photo though.

Agree: remove the screw and drop the delrin cover down so you can see under the hood. The other thing we can't see is the condition of the battery positive contact. Had a real button masher a while ago who managed to break the tip of the positive contact right off in short order.

Last edited:

caup

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Cologne, GER
It looks to me that ther subohm kit is installed.
What about the tip of the positive contact ? Is that Noalox or is that stained ?
I would try to measure the available volts from the battery (spring to positive contact) up to 510 (spring to 510 plus pole),
Somewhere, you should register the volt drop.
Good luck.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
I spy...

Based on the photo, the 510 connector doesn't look right - it looks like the center post is pushed waaay down inside there. Could just be how it's showing in the photo though.

Maybe an excuse to retrofit a hoople proof 510

Agree: remove the screw and drop the delrin cover down so you can see under the hood. The other thing we can't see is the condition of the battery positive contact. Had a real button masher a while ago who managed to break the tip of the positive contact right off in short order.

Tried a few batteries, cleaned them. VTCs are a little pitted, but not much

It is firing after being stripped down and put back together anyway, hope it stays that way. I'll let you know if she doesn't

MotherNatural

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Must be something going around. I had the exact same experience last week. Checked and cleaned batteries, tried different atties, cleaned Reo, and used Noalox. It still wasn't firing consecutively. I then, just as you, removed the delrin cover, wiggled the firing pin around and it's been working perfectly ever since. I still haven't figured out the "why".

mwdenko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Ohio
I think what happens is the 510 gets loose. If you over tighten the Atomizer it will "grab" the 510 screw and losen the connection.

Grab the tube gently hold the 510 with a screwdriver and tighten the 510 by rotating the squonk tube.

See if that helps. When I had fire issues that was usually the culprit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Half the gold plating on your contact looks black . Running a .3 ohm coil dry or dirty will cause problems . If one keeps running the mod this way it will damaged the contact .

that was noalax, i cleaned, noalaxed, then got asked for a pic under the delrin [assuming you mean the curled tip on it]

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Hard to tell from the pic if its just noalox you should be good to go .

yeah when i got the cover off, the contact looked a little off colour, but not black

i struggle with how much noalax to put sometimes, which was probably what it was. and i won't go that low ohm again just in case [i mostly vape 0.5-0.8]

thanks, it is good now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread