Reo LP Grand - day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyspaere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Wisconsin
I'm at work, and the dispatcher has me running all over the place. I get a USPS notification: the Reo has landed! Excitement is run riot.

My shift runs almost an hour late, which on a Friday is about three hours later than normal for me. Whatever, right? More money in the pocket.

I get home, unload my gear, then mosey to the mailbox. There it is! I stroll inside, sit down and eat dinner. I open the packaging and marvel at how tiny this mod is. My first non-stick-type-battery vape was a VTR, followed by a sigelei 150w. Those were my comparisons; I've never seen a Reo "in the flesh" before. I pull out the Catfish Magma that was sold to me with my brand-used Reo, and start getting set to build it. The phone rings (I'm on call all weekend). *sigh*

Fast-forward four hours.

Sit down again to build the attie. Woo hoo! It's getting real up in here, now!

IMG_7145.jpg IMG_7148.jpg IMG_7151.jpg

I put the Magma on the ohm reader one last time, post-build, cap on. 1.1Ω - all's good in the 'hood.

I've read about button-mashing, and needing to get used to how Reos fire. So I unlock the fire button, hold it to my ear, and gently squeeze the button down...

Click

Pull the door off, and the battery falls out. Dropped the spring.

tumblr_inline_nk37tsp09l1rpcnpz.jpg

So, any suggestions for me while I wait for my springs to show up next week?

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
You could do a 10 amp car fuse while you wait for the spring. Agreed there was a short in the atty. Show us a pic of atties 510, if the center pin does not protrude enough it possible to short the outer threads against the Reos 510 center post. does this Reo have the new 510 with adjustable center post or is it original? show us a pic of its 510 also.

Here's the fuse mod http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/472662-spring-what-spring.html

IMAG1749-L.jpg

lyspaere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Wisconsin
Show us a pic of atties 510 ... does this Reo have the new 510 with adjustable center post or is it original? show us a pic of its 510 also.

b3966922675e0b0343bd186ca7e53796.jpg

You could do a 10 amp car fuse while you wait for the spring.

That's pretty clever; I'll give that a try once, until I ship this out to the spa for a new 510!

Something is amiss with the Magma. You shouldn't be collapsing the spring at 1.1 ohms.
Put the magma on one of those other mods and see if it'll fire up...

I wondered about this, after I put up the post. The Magma worked fine on my VTR.

one needs a spare spring when running rbas

I intend this to be the last time I don't have spare parts on hand!

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Other then all that screwing the atty on too tight will make the 510 connection bottom out and short.

The center pin in the 510 connector may be pushed down too far already. You can grab the feed tube and push up on it to push the center post back up. Careful though as you don't want to Crack the tube with too much pressure against the feed tube.

Never have thst issue with the new adjustable ss 510 connector though.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
so sorry that happened.......was all prepared for a "man this is the best vape I've ever had" post..........but will have to wait a tad on that one. If it helps at all, from what I hear you're not the only one to do this first time out. I was nearly too scared to touch my reo the day I got it since I didn't have an extra spring. Yeah if you have a metal dt that could be it like rayn said, couldn't tell from the pics, but it doesn't look metal.

Hope you figure out exactly what it was so it doesn't happen again, and get your baby back soon!!

lyspaere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Wisconsin
Other then all that screwing the atty on too tight will make the 510 connection bottom out and short.

The center pin in the 510 connector may be pushed down too far already. You can grab the feed tube and push up on it to push the center post back up.

Yeah if you have a metal dt that could be it like rayn said, couldn't tell from the pics, but it doesn't look metal.

Hope you figure out exactly what it was so it doesn't happen again, and get your baby back soon!!

I knew it wasn't the DT, knew the atty didn't have an internal short, & knew the battery itself wasn't at fault. So, I got brave (stupid?) & stretched the spring back out.

I did, in fact, screw the atty in too far - I wanted it to sit flush on the LP seat. Can't do that with this 510, I guess. I pushed the pin up, and she's vaping away just fine now. I will still be sending it in for a 510 upgrade. I'm not ok with worrying if I screwed my atty down too far.

The Magma is a... decent atty. it doesn't blow me away. Hopped on one of the Nuppin v1's that's appeared in the classifieds here, and I'm on the list for a Catfish Rogue. Probably grab a Derringer too. I'm hoping one of those atty's knock my socks off! I really like all the things the Reo offers & even if the Magma is the best Reo vape I can find, I'm a Reoville resident as long as I'm a vaper.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
yeah, stretchin the spring out isn't a good thing, but you know that already. lol

I was gifted several atties, and I ended up liking the nuppin the best. figures the one I like best would be one that costs more and isn't readily available! lol But I'd have likely never gotten one without the gifting. some time down the road, may try a rogue or a derringer.

lyspaere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Wisconsin
Always best to have another reo there while the obe hits the spa! Haha. Hell I bought a new reo and waited for it till I sent in the 2 for new 510s.

My vape budget for April is nearing the red, already. Glad I DIY (most of) my juice! Reo #2 has a distinct chance of materializing, but I don't have the magic to make it happen right away.

I did happen across a gold-plated spring (& brass button cover) that a buddy had lying around, so the sprung spring issue will be solved pdq!

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
My vape budget for April is nearing the red, already. Glad I DIY (most of) my juice! Reo #2 has a distinct chance of materializing, but I don't have the magic to make it happen right away.

I did happen across a gold-plated spring (& brass button cover) that a buddy had lying around, so the sprung spring issue will be solved pdq!

SWEET! Glad to hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread