Not open for further replies.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Looking for a new PV that I would be taking it to work, vape during break and lunch. Which would be a better choice knowing what you guys know now (for those who owns both mini 2.1 and Grand) ?

Either would give you more than enough time on one battery. I am taking this will be your first REO?

The Mini 2.1 will work with most RBA out there. The drip well is slightly bigger than that in the Grand.

Battery will perform the same in either, with the Grand giving you more hours of use.

The 6ml bottle in the Grand will last you quite awhile with limited use. The 3ml bottle in the Mini 2.1 will run out quicker, and could be good if you like to switch juices.

Size difference is really not that noticeable. I call the Mini 2.1 chunky compared to the regular Mini.

Myself, if only one REO, it would be the Grand for sure. It will give the battery life and enough juice to last a day of vaping.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
I would also recommend the Grand for a first Reo. Sure, it's a bit bigger, but it gives you more options as far as where you can use it, due to a larger bottle and battery. With me, it lasts me the entire work day, whereas my mini (not 2.1, the little one) requires battery changes, and by the end of work day, bottle changes.

Both are very good to have, but if I were limited to just one, it would definitely be the Grand.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Everything Karen said ^.

Both models are small enough for pocket duty. The mini 2.1 is a little smaller than a grand. battery life and 3 ml bottle on the 2.1 is sufficient for most vapers to get thru the work day. You can easily swap batteries on the fly too if necessary.

Both models kick ..., buy either with confidence. There's a real good chance you'll be buying whichever you didn't get soon anyhoo :)

biggerintx

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
United States
I was in the same boat several weeks ago and went with the Reo Grand. When it came in I wondered if they sent me the wrong one. It is pretty small. I think getting the 18650 battery and the 6ml bottle is worth the extra approx. 0.6" in length. In my casual shirt pockets it fits well and is often completely concealed (depends on the shirt). In my dress shirt pockets only the drip tip is visible. In the dress shirt pocket it fits but is a bit bulky since material is thin and the pockets are really more for a pen or business cards.

As a size comparison my buddy likes the Vamo with an iClear 30 that holds the 18650 and 3ml of juice and it is about 8" long. My Reo Grand with a Reomizer 2.0 that holds the same battery and 6ml of juice is about 5 1/4" long. Much more pocket friendly and the Reo sits on my desk nicely with the mouthpiece up and fire button up (a great feature that is often overlooked). IMO much better than a long tube mod that might roll off the desk and break and with the mouthpiece and fire button that can roll into things. The Reo Grand is also cup holder friendly in the car. I cut about an inch off the top of a cheap "can koozie" and now it rides perfectly.

If you do get the Grand I was told the best batteries are the AW IMR 1600 mAh 18650 units. Also the XTAR and Pila chargers are considered better than the others. I got the XTAR SP2 and it has worked well. The batteries and charger are very important for safety.

You've come to the right place for any Reo questions. As a new Reo owner I've found this forum is very friendly and helpful. Nerak, super_x_drifter, clyde2801, JC Okie, westamyx and more have been a great help to me.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
IF I could only have one REO, it'd be the Grand. Workhorse. The difference in size between the two is almost not noticeable, and the 6ml bottle versus the 3ml bottle would be worth the half inch difference in height. And....the bigger battery will last longer. Having said that, either one will be a WIN for you. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...escriptions-comparisons-more.html#post7972708 This picture will show you the relative size of the two, both compared to a regular business card. The small one in the picture is a regular Mini, but it's the same size as the 2.1 except that the 2.1 is thicker. (It's the thickness of the Grand.)

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
Looking for a new PV that I would be taking it to work, vape during break and lunch. Which would be a better choice knowing what you guys know now (for those who owns both mini 2.1 and Grand) ?

For that criteria I would say the Mini 2.1. I'm new to vaping and I got a Grand & a Mini 2.1 at the same time. I originally ordered the Grand first for the capacities (juice & battery) for use whenever I would be out for most of the day like on weekends.

On work days I only vape on the way to work, during lunch, & on the way home so it's more than enough just for that but even when I get home I still reach for the Mini & it still lasts for the night. Don't get me wrong, I love my Grand just as much but I find myself reaching for the Mini more as I love the size. The Grand is bigger but in my opinion is still a great size & I don't consider it to be too big. One of the reasons why I chose the Reos is cause of the short length and larger capacities compared to a tube mod. With spare bottles it's quick & easy to swap out for different juices & extra bottles are very cheap so you can have a lot of them at your disposal.

Again I'm new to this with little experience so others may make better recommendations than me but I'm absolutely happy with both my Reos. So I also say that either one would be excellent choices.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I don't have a 2.1 - but the older Mini that takes the 14500. When I was making the same decision, it came down to size. In retrospect (and really because I later bought a VV Woodville and found it easy to carry) that might not have been my most thoughtful criteria. I in no way regret choosing the mini because it has been 100% reliable and I can't imagine a better small mod, but my full sized VV Woodville proved to me a grand wouldn't have been too large or in any way cumbersome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread