Not open for further replies.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Hoping to save some others a bit of time finding specs on the rebuildables for the REO. I haven't looked up the exact specs for these but this is what I have so far.
Thnx Super Trunker for the info!

Since the Reomizers are now just called RM,

The RM2 is the Triangle by Empire mods.

The RM3 is the Igo W BF

The RM4 is an Atomic,
(That's what I have on my REO.)

RM5? Can't find a thing as of yet but you may know from this pic?

whef1QA.jpg

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Hoping to save some others a bit of time finding specs on the rebuildables for the REO. I haven't looked up the exact specs for these but this is what I have so far.
Thnx Super Trunker for the info!

Since the Reomizers are now just called RM,

The RM2 is the Triangle by Empire mods.

The RM3 is the Igo W BF

The RM4 is an Atomic,
(That's what I have on my REO.)

RM5? Can't find a thing as of yet but you may know from this pic?

whef1QA.jpg

RM3 is actually an A6 tri-post / single coil = 1 air hole / dual coil = dual air holes
RM5 is Zenith

The Igo-W is just listed as the Igo-W...

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
RM3 is actually an A6 tri-post / single coil = 1 air hole / dual coil = dual air holes
RM5 is Zenith

The Igo-W is just listed as the Igo-W...

Would you happen to know if these are errrm, outsourced? Didn't want to use the "C" word if you catch my drift..lol

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
I do wonder if the top cap of a Zenith clone will fit on the Double Cross clone deck, and if the airhole height will line up right as well. That would actually be pretty sweet... the Zenith has far superior AFC, and that derlin top insert to boot.

Any Reonauts own both an RM5 and a Zenith care to try that out right quick?

Thanks

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
I do wonder if the top cap of a Zenith clone will fit on the Double Cross clone deck, and if the airhole height will line up right as well. That would actually be pretty sweet... the Zenith has far superior AFC, and that derlin top insert to boot.

Any Reonauts own both an RM5 and a Zenith care to try that out right quick?

Thanks

I'm also on the search for the set screw size for the RM4..couldn't find that either. That would pretty much round the specs out for that one. ;)

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Nor can i.

I run either Atomics/RM4s or an Infinite CLT on my gear. But i'm a bit of a cloud-hound. I get great flavour with Atomics.

HRH likes and only uses RM2's, but even she likes them drilled to 1/16". For comparison, i make her coils at 1.25-1.5Ω. My duals are invariably at 0.2-0.3Ω.

You are likely in the middle there. There's a point where the wide open airflow on some of these demands duals to replicate the single coil taste.

T

bozzchem

Jul 12, 2013
NC
You are likely in the middle there. There's a point where the wide open airflow on some of these demands duals to replicate the single coil taste.

T

I think you're right about me being in the middle. My next build in the RM4 will be a dual setup at .5 - .6.

I may need some schooling regarding how airflow affects these. I have my RM4 set to where the two smallest air holes are cut in half or so.
I've never been fond of an airy draw.

I ordered some Japanese cotton (KGD) so expect my wicking/flavor to get a bit better than with the organic cotton balls.

Any guidance is much appreciated!

bozzchem

Jul 12, 2013
NC
View attachment 378886

I have one of the CMii DX Double Cross V1.5 that was modded by Chowderhead and it's and great little topper. They have them listed at 17mm and it performs great on the LP. AFC is good but a little loose and travels sometimes if you touch it. Decent size deck for a little guy.

How is this different from the RM5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread