Reo style bottom feeder not feeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd0frg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
SD, USA
I have a Reo style bottom feeder (has a tube that goes down into a bottle) but when i squeeze the bottle, even my hardest, it wont shoot the juice up high enough into the atomizer/drip cup??

i tried a different bottle but same results? what would the problem be? I just got this mod and it looks like it should work in theory but its like theres not enough pressure or something, itll only work if i move the bottle way up to the very top of where the straw meets the metal hole but then i cant squeeze the bottle properly

any ideas?

reptilr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
You might need to try a few different things. From memory ( I still have a reo mini) the things i looked at were a few. I disassembled the tub and cleaned it out under water, have a look where it attaches at the top of the cap( sometimes it can get constricted under the cap by a small dent). Next have a look at how far your tube goes into the bottle, does it work best when ( as you said you push the bottle to the top) is the tube then all the way to the bottom, is it creating a bottle full of volume, ie no air visible? Maybe it might need a little bit of air to allow the run off / Hmmm maybe something is blocked. it's been far too long since I've used mine, sorry I can't be of much more help. There is the reo forum though, they are great for helping out.

kd0frg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
SD, USA
i decided to put on a new straw and bottle but it still is the same, it only feeds if i push the bottle up higher then its designed to be (can no longer reach into the hole to squeeze the bottle its too high up now)

i dont see any dents, its very straight, the bottle is about half full but it should feed even when the bottle is really low right?

reptilr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
It's true that it should feed with half a bottle,( but I'm going off my memory from the bottle being half full after I vaped half of it already.
I might dig mine out and see if I can come up with any more points for you.
Only things I can think of off the top of my head is, is it the correct bottle size for the reo/ ( it really shouldn'nt make a difference, but stranger things have happened & maybe it needs a full bottle to start the process off.....
I'll go and have a look

kd0frg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
SD, USA
yeah its not a reo, its a str8tek, it does not feed right if the bottle is cranked down to tight ya say or it does feed right? i dont see any o-rings on this one or the other mod i have by str8v8ping less the o-ring on ours isnt black? it seems like air is seeping out of where the straw meets the top of the bottle, i might be wrong though and its suppose to be that way

the straw is not dragging on the bottom, its just perfectly hovering like 1-2mm from the bottom

Last edited:

reptilr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
My bad , dunno how i missed that part.
For testing sakes anyway (reo's have an oring in the bottle cap) i took it out and really had to squeeze the bottle to get juice to feed through. It did hiss with air and took a bit of force to get juice. With oring back in place , and half a bottle of liquid ... No problems at all. Didnt matter if the bottle was all the way down or pushed up to the top. Maybe you could try someting similar, maybe a drip tip oring or something. Might be worth a shot.
(appologies in advance if i was no help what so ever)
I hope some one can help u out more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reptilr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Okies so i did some searching ( limited to phone atm) it seems the str8tek uses a 6ml bottle. Gathering from the pictures i could find posted by str8v8ping himself, you cant really tell if there is supposed to be an oring or not( maybe send him a message) The oring i have is for 3ml size bottle. It sits snug inside to prevent any air from escaping around the tube hole
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338957688.667260.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338957754.923333.jpg

Also i cant guarentee this is your problem but on rob's page ( reo's mods . Com ) he does sell feed tube with cap bottle tube & oring replacemts for $4
Which look like this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338957840.219855.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread