Reo VV Grand Battery Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wharfrat71

Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Dallas TX
I'm hoping someone may be able to help me out here, I have a variable voltage Grand that I have had for about a year or so. I have been using AW IMR 18350 batteries and here lately none of them seem to work. I have checked the batteries using my old Provari and they all seem to be charged but when I put them in the Reo I can not get it to fire.
I have taken the Atty off and tried it on my Grand and Mini and it works fine there so I dont think its the atty.

My question is this, what is the difference between the 18350 and the 16340 batteries?
The "manual" for the variable voltage states you can use either one.

Any suggestions?

Wharfrat71

Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Dallas TX
Thanks for the help everyone. I'm pretty sure it is the VV unit. I came home today put in fresh batteries, built a prefect 1.5 ohm coil and nothing. As I was turning the voltage wheel I noticed that it kept spinning and never stopped. I could turn it endlessly. Damn!

This was my 2nd Reo I had purchased and really loved the way it looked. Metallic blue door and black wrinkle.
I'm in mourning.

freedogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Erie,Pa
I was starting to have the same probs with my VV and was tired of messing with those little batteries so I wasn't using it much.

From the info from Karen and a few other REOnauts I decided it was time for the sex change. (mech conv)

Talked to Rob and off to Maine it went. Rob did an excellent job on the modification and also milled it down making it a LP.

No more misfires, no more messing with little batteries!!

Just an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread