Reomizer 2.0 specs and design? What makes it special?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniperboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Oakland, CA, USA
Hi there.. first of all I really want to apologize for the question. Trust me that I have been at this since 8 am this morning. Searched and read (skimmed) stickies tens of pages long but can't seem to find anything out.

My understanding is that the Reomizer 2.0 rebuildable atomizer is a modified commercially available rebuildable atomizer.
What exactly was done to it to set it apart from other 'off the shelf' atomizers?

Again I ask the question with sincere interest and with respect.

Can someone point me to the appropriate thread?
I am totally cross-eyed and blue in the face at this point :D

Last edited:

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
Hi there.. first of all I really want to apologize for the question. Trust me that I have been at this since 8 am this morning. Searched and read (skimmed) stickies tens of pages long but can't seem to find anything out.

My understanding is that the Reomizer 2.0 rebuildable atomizer is a modified commercially available rebuildable atomizer.
What exactly was done to it to set it apart from other 'off the shelf' atomizers?

Again I ask the question with sincere interest and with respect.

Can someone point me to the appropriate thread?
I am totally cross-eyed and blue in the face at this point :D

I don't know what was done to it but I can tell you a few things that sets it apart from others. Build quality for one. The ceramic cup is great. The posts are set far apart for easy coil build and you can put a big ... coil in it (if one was so inclined).

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
Ceramic cup makes for some fresher flavor, and (I assume) a better insulator than the usual silicone. That prevents atomizer from getting too hot and cooking the juice. It also allows for SS mesh wicks, as they don't short against the floor.

Posts are far enough apart to allow for different coil setups. They are also far enough from the walls so you can fit extra wick around them. Posts are also steel and very well attached and don't break off quite as easily as in a lot of chinese atomizers.

That's all I got.

Sniperboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Oakland, CA, USA
My understanding is that there are other commercially available bottom feed RBAs out there, so Rob made this conversion for us because he felt that the existing bottom feeders available in the market are not satisfactory?

I believe the A7 is a bottom feeder right?
I noticed the screw on cap and the ceramic.. I like those features.

Crazy Canuck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I didn't have any experience with RBA's until my RM2 arrived last week. I can't believe how easy they are to use, and how great they perform. I just picked up my 2nd one from the post office today. As I've heard others say in various threads, I can't see me ever going back to disposable atties, and can't see much room for improvement on these.

If you're still off the fence, hop on down into our yard and give it a try. I can almost guarantee you won't be disappointed! :)

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Because a Chalice - which is about the only thing that's better (and that's debatable) will run you well over $100!

A7s are good and pretty cheap, but you have to watch out for that centre pin because if it wobbles it can cause shorts. It's also a little harder to fit a coil in it and said coil cannot touch the base. But pretty good for $20 - i have 4 of them, that rarely get to see daylight because they have been displaced by RM2s.

I will have bought 10 RM2s in total before this week is out. I accept that i can be wrong on one or maybe 2 occasions - but not 10! I think you'll find it $43 well spent.

T

karmakatie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
MO
Here is my list of things that set it apart:

Fits Grand & Mini 2.0
No drilling out airhole on arrival, perfect as is....a biggie for me!
Ceramic floor dished out.
Juice goes back in the bottle very easy ie no flooding.
No allen key needed to tighten crews!!! And the nice big size to the screws.
Plenty of room to build coils without unneeded height.
Screw top...after messing with ERA's this is the bomb!
Very nice looking.
PRICE!!!!!!!
Rob's mojo!!!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread