The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Reommendations? Replacing my Provari Radius and Kabuki

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by Maxxxxxx, Nov 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Maxxxxxx

Maxxxxxx Full Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Shanghai China
    Hi all

Would love to get some views. I’ve been so happy with my 2 Provari Radius and Kabuki Tanks over the last 18 months that I’ve barely kept track of the latest and greatest. I just vape and want to keep it simple but tasty

So I don’t want to learn how to make coils, just want plug and play with replacement coils and a nice mod that has USB charging and will last all day.

Not into Subohm, and been quite happy with the Flavor and cloud production using simple 1.8 OHM Nautilus coils

Want to upgrade. Prefer quality over cheap so don’t mind paying for a quality set up. Small size mod and similar size tank to the Kabuki is fine

Any views on the best choice for new mod and tank setup?

Thanks in Advance

• Like Like x 3
  2. Maxxxxxx

Maxxxxxx Full Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Shanghai China
    Should have mentioned... I hate leakers

• Like Like x 1
  3. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi,
    What are the limitations/weaknesses of your current set up? IOW: Why do you want new equipment?
    If it ain't broke...what are you "fixing"?

cheers
    I

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Maxxxxxx

Maxxxxxx Full Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Shanghai China
    I had two Radius, one has bricked and the other is getting old and I am concerned it might die one day. So want to revert it to a back up unit. No issue with the Kabuki, it is far superior to the old Aspire tanks I used to use. Admittedly expensive but I think worth it as I have had it a while now and its been a gem.

Partly just feel like experimenting with a new setup..... And also, its almost 2018 so I thought perhaps there is a newer / better on the market. All my kit is over 2 years old

• Like Like x 2
  5. Maxxxxxx

Maxxxxxx Full Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Shanghai China
    If its helpful I bought a Billet Box as a replacement, and have to say I really don't like it. no USB charging is a real pain in the ... and I seem to get burnt hits from it regularly - with the official nautilus bridge and new cartridges. Seem a bit like hard work so plan on off loading it

• Like Like x 1
  6. Maxxxxxx

Maxxxxxx Full Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Shanghai China
    I think I just have upgrade-it-is

• Like Like x 2
  7. Maxxxxxx

Maxxxxxx Full Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Shanghai China
    I'd quite like something a bit sexy too

• Like Like x 1
  8. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi Max,
    Have a look at the JAC Vapour Series-B DNA 75w
    (SS finish and 25mm coming soon)
    Tanks; I suggest you stay with the Kabuki for as long as possible.

I'm sure others will chime in as well.

Good luck
    I

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    You probably won't beat a Kabuki when it comes to drop in coils. One MTL tank that's a bit different that I like is the Nicolas Vapefly, it's a "MTL sub0hm tank" pretty inexpensive coils are too, but it really does provide a lot of vape especially with the 0.6 coil. I'm recommending it because honestly, it's a bit different from some of the other MTL coils and if you have upgrade or desire for new, it might be worth looking into, pretty inexpensive, but a great tank, not a leaker, comes with a 1.8 coil as well if you want a tighter draw, and you won't break the bank trying it. Topfill. I still prefer my Kabuki, but I like this a lot.

As far as mods, there are so many options. A lot of MTL folks do like the Jac B 75 watt setup, it is lovely from what I hear. There are also some nice two battery options but then you are getting into heavier (weight wise) territory.... I have a few I like, but if you want to stay light and compact, the above is a good recommendation....

Good luck, hope you find what you are looking for!

Anna

• Like Like x 3
  10. Marc411

Marc411 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    I don't have a suggestion for a mod but the original crown is still my drop in coil tank. Vapes nicely but I believe that 1.2Ω is the coil out there for your desired vape.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Maxxxxxx

Maxxxxxx Full Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Shanghai China
    Hi Marc, Anna and Izan

Thanks for the recommendations. The Jac B looks nice, I’ll see if I can find one to check out. Sounds like I might already have the pick of the tanks, so might just invest in a spare Kabuki.

@ Marc I hear the first Crowns were good but the newer ones less so. Have you tried the latest ones (Crown III?). Not as good? What tank are you using them in?

@ Anna - thanks for responding to my question on coils. I was in Singapore on an Biz trip and impossible to get new ones. I managed to pace myself and it survived just until I got home

Thanks for taking the time to respond

• Like Like x 4
  12. Marc411

Marc411 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    I use the original Crown and haven't tried any of the new versions because the original just performs so damn well. I just picked up two for a friend (she was always snagging my mod) and she loves them because the flavor is great and the coils last a week or longer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Evi|grin

Evi|grin Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 21, 2013
    The Jac B is a very good deal and if you join JAC then put the Series B in your cart, within a few days they will send you a coupon code for 10%-20% off. They ship free to the USA also if you choose the correct item link. (JAC Series B USA only) that is posted in the JAC thread here.

Another VERY well build but heavy mod is the old Yihi M Class. Evcig has some for about $80 with free shipping. The M Class was a $200 mod when they came out. The battery door just needs an upgrade from Varitube for another $23ish shipped. The upgrade just makes it easier to remove/reinstall. The M Class can use TC or VW modes. A firmware update takes it from 60watt to 75watt.

Here is a size comparison to the Radius.
    [​IMG]

I love mine but it is kinda overbuilt and heavy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. redeuce

redeuce Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2017
    Chicago suburbs
    I hope you didn’t throw the Radius away. It can prob be repaired. If you’re thinking of throwing it out, just send it to me, lol.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Maxxxxxx

Maxxxxxx Full Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Shanghai China
    Hi Reduece

It’s alongside quite a few original Provari Tube Mods that are lying idle. I live in Bangkok so it’s not so easy to either find someone to fix or ship / re ship back to get it repaired

• Like Like x 2
  16. Maxxxxxx

Maxxxxxx Full Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Shanghai China
    I don’t use tube mods like the P3?anymore, ever since my wife told me it looked like I was sucking on a huge dildo

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I just moved from the Nautilus to a newer tank - the Joye Exceed. 1.2 ohm coils but vapes pretty much the same @ lower watts. not hot. Nice range for the airflow.

GL

• Like Like x 2
  18. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Currently using a JAC Vapour Series B DNA75 and the original Crown tanks. Probably the best combo I've used in 5 years. Previous best setup was a Provari 2.5 and a Kabuki clone tank.

I've not tried the other Crown tanks from Uwell; from reviews they seem to have mixed results. I have three of the original Crowns (for different flavors); I've settled on the 0.5 ohm coils which seem to last over a month. The airflow on the Crown tanks is extremely flexible from MTL to direct lung.

The JAC is sexy. If interested in the JAC, I'd wait until the stainless steel version is available. The rubberized paint surface of the original is subject to scratches.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Maxxxxxx

Maxxxxxx Full Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Shanghai China
    @Bad. Thanks I’ll try and pick up an original crown and try it out

• Like Like x 2
  20. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Let me know how you like it and how it compares.:)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.