Status
Not open for further replies.

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
Well, I can report that my entire fleet of Provaris have been raised from the dead--although I hesitate to do so, because it's for an embassingly silly reason.

I cleaned the contacts, fully charged the batteries--and nothing. Out of ideas, I observed that all the devices with the exception of the Radius were set up in a 18490 mode, so I removed the extension cap from the Mini and tried a 18350--and it sprang to life. Ditto with the others and 18650s.

The Radius? I'd already tried both the 18650 flat-tops I have, but I tried again anyway. No dice, but I tried one last time: it lives.

So, of the small army of Li-Ions I had on hand, all proved functional but all four of the 18650s. Frankly, I hadn't metered them; i just trusted thr blinking LEDs on my Nitecore.
Dear Santa,

I have been a very very good vaper this year. Please fill my stocking with some new flat top 18650 batteries and an assortment of red button tops.

I left some cookies for you in the kitchen.

Thank you,
PI

:banana::banana::banana:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Well, I can report that my entire fleet of Provaris have been raised from the dead--although I hesitate to do so, because it's for an embassingly silly reason.

I cleaned the contacts, fully charged the batteries--and nothing. Out of ideas, I observed that all the devices with the exception of the Radius were set up in a 18490 mode, so I removed the extension cap from the Mini and tried a 18350--and it sprang to life. Ditto with the others and 18650s.

The Radius? I'd already tried both the 18650 flat-tops I have, but I tried again anyway. No dice, but I tried one last time: it lives.

So, of the small army of Li-Ions I had on hand, all proved functional but all four of the 18650s. Frankly, I hadn't metered them; i just trusted thr blinking LEDs on my Nitecore.

Sounds like it is time to buy another small army of cells.
---> Batteries and Chargers

I've found storing batteries unused at full or near full charge ( 4.2v - 3.9v) causes rapid deterioration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread