Repair Provari V2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wseyller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Hendersonville NC
I have a Provari V2 which I have owned for almost 3 years. This one has the volt range of 2.9 to 6v. No watt selection.

It has done well over its time but now it has been glitchy these days. I would probably never buy another one because of the cost but I wonder if I could have it repaired/upgraded. I just wanted to know if anyone else has done this and how their experience was.

First thing I started to noticed is the battery life even with new batteries is very poor. Less than four hours and I have the extended battery cap. Usually if I unscrew the cap and screw it back on it will give me more time. I can do this at least 3 or 4 times.

Now it is to the point where I see glitches such as the button possibly an issue. While holding it down i think it is on and off alternating and sometimes causes the menu items to trigger. It has cause it several time to raise the voltage while vaping.

I think if the entire electronics were replace it would be like new. Anyone knows about how much it would cost and what the process is to send it to provape. Also do they have an update that can add more functionality.

It has been awhile since I have kept up with the latest from provape. If it cost too much I will just move on and just buy disposible batteries similiar to what I use for my normal backups.

wseyller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Hendersonville NC
I have been through all of that several times. Even tried a little conductive grease one time on the battery cap threads and contact points. I clean the contacts, threads where the cap screws in, atomizer contacts and even replaced the spring by taking the one from the standard battery cap which I never used. The battery voltage shows good at first and quickly degrades. The battery issue has been going on for a few months. Only recently have I seen the issue with the voltage menu being triggered and change or slight misfire. It works more times than not but I feel its going to get worse.

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
One of the benefits of a Provari - they repair them, really well, and pretty darned cheap.
Here's the pricing, and there's a menu across the top to "submit a request" - you tell them what's wrong, they'll start a ticket, and tell you to send it in...

I have a Provari V2 which I have owned for almost 3 years. This one has the volt range of 2.9 to 6v. No watt selection.

It has done well over its time but now it has been glitchy these days. I would probably never buy another one because of the cost but I wonder if I could have it repaired/upgraded. I just wanted to know if anyone else has done this and how their experience was.

First thing I started to noticed is the battery life even with new batteries is very poor. Less than four hours and I have the extended battery cap. Usually if I unscrew the cap and screw it back on it will give me more time. I can do this at least 3 or 4 times.

Now it is to the point where I see glitches such as the button possibly an issue. While holding it down i think it is on and off alternating and sometimes causes the menu items to trigger. It has cause it several time to raise the voltage while vaping.

I think if the entire electronics were replace it would be like new. Anyone knows about how much it would cost and what the process is to send it to provape. Also do they have an update that can add more functionality.

It has been awhile since I have kept up with the latest from provape. If it cost too much I will just move on and just buy disposible batteries similiar to what I use for my normal backups.

wseyller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Hendersonville NC
Thanks for the info.

My original batteries that came from provape eventually would only last a couple hours. Then I bought a different brand similar to the AW ones and they always only last about 3 or 4 hours.

Just to be sure I ordered a couple batteries from provape to eliminate a battery issue before sending it in.

wseyller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Hendersonville NC
Update:

One day after my last post I dropped my provari on my hardwood floor for the 100+ time and the 510 cap came out with the control board wired to it. Normally it would only come out maybe one or two millimeters and I would press it back in with a rubber mallet. Then I noticed my button was missing. I then find the button on the floor and it was a hell to get it back out to get the button back it and then it is good again as it was before dropping it.

After a few days I received two new batteries from provape. I charged them up and started using one of them. Showed 4.1v initially. Used it for four hours last night and for 11 hours so far today and still going. The blinking light has been on for a few hours but still going and now showing 3.0v (another check shows 3.3v). Haven't seen any issues.

So now as far as provari is concerned I will now only use the recommended batteries.

Before I had too unscrew the battery cap a few times time to get four hours of use. Can't remember what brand I was using but they look identical to the AW batteries except for markings which I bought from a local Madvapes store in town.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinggolfer

jfdibutton

Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
I also have had my Provari for over 3 years. I assume you are using the 18490/18500 batteries. I bought the EFest version the second time around in an attempt to save some money. I had the same issues with those. Not a money savings when all was said and done. 2/3 the price but have to buy at least twice as many to achieve the same vape time, not to mention the PIA of having to carry around extra batteries. I need to send my as well as my SO's zombie edition v2.5 to have the screen windows replaced. Mine is the matte stainless v2 (straight vertical lines, not crop circle). I am fairly certain that the only difference between the 2 and the 2.5 is the appearance, the menu/max-min voltage/functions are all the same between the two. I also have a 2.5 zombie addition that a friend bought and only used for a month and gave it to me. She decided to quit completely, took up vaping to quit smoking and cut down to 0 nic juice and then quit vaping. Win for me!!!

Reactions: Pinggolfer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread