Replacement for an Original Totally Wicked Odyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chick Bowdrie

Dec 11, 2012
California
Hello,

It's been a while since I've had to do research on these things. I've been happy with my Totally Wicked setup for the past 5 years. I've been using the Odyssey Cartomizer tank with an eGo-C Upgrade 1000mAh Battery. I'm posting a picture of it below. The original battery setup didn't include a voltage regulator so I got rid of that. The metal casing housed a glass tank that would crack when dropped but I fixed that problem with Seam Sealer. Couple of fixes and I was good to go. Now they've discontinued the cartomizers for the Totally Wicked Odyssey tank. I get to find a new setup and hoping someone around here can help.

Specs:
-Size matters. 16.5cm total rig length fits in most pockets. A little shorter would be nice but sacrificing battery power isn't worth it to me. 18mm width didn't overstuff my pocket next to my cell phone.
-Tank Capacity. I go through the 3.5ml tank in about a day. Once a day refills are great. I'm not interested in carrying another item in my pocket to refill the thing before lunch.

The battery should be universal so I'm not stuck buying an overpriced item that could get discontinued. I'm unsure of the value/avalability of eGo-C Upgrade batteries but they've worked for me. I like the idea of the 18650 batteries but from what I've seen they make the rig too large for a halfway full pocket. Also I'd want the battery to last a full to half day on a charge. Are there any good battery solutions out there like the eGo-C has been for a long time?

I like the hit off a cartomizer. Guess it reminds me of the cigarettes I use to smoke. Are there any other products out there that reproduce this? Seems like the atomizer I tried years ago was tame.

Does anyone use a similar setup that might work for me?

IMG_3633_zps93p07ohs.jpg

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
the main difficulty is size. IIRC that thing is MTL which makes things easier though. I would take a guess at an innokin t18 endura. its of similar size. Never used one myself though. You might also be a better than average pod candidate though my opinion of pod mods in general is lower than that of some others.

Chick Bowdrie

Dec 11, 2012
California
the main difficulty is size. IIRC that thing is MTL which makes things easier though. I would take a guess at an innokin t18 endura. its of similar size. Never used one myself though. You might also be a better than average pod candidate though my opinion of pod mods in general is lower than that of some others.

Width is ok but too long, smaller tank and no universal battery. Yes on MTL. That's the way I smoked and is the way I vape. Why a pod? Those seem too, what's the word you use when you can only buy it from one manufacturer? I'm hoping I can use my good eGo C batteries on a new tank but that's not real important.

Reactions: stols001

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
started to look at that one but clicked on the atomizers first. that sub ohm stuff sounds complicated. Is it something I should look into? I'm more of a convenience vapor than a mod fanatic.

I think it's a 1.8Ω coil, that's the replacement coils they are selling with it.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Width is ok but too long, smaller tank and no universal battery. Yes on MTL. That's the way I smoked and is the way I vape. Why a pod? Those seem too, what's the word you use when you can only buy it from one manufacturer? I'm hoping I can use my good eGo C batteries on a new tank but that's not real important.
Proprietary. Yeah. It’s an issue. It’s even worse in pod mods. There just aren’t a lot of small form factor BVC style tanks out there anymore. If you were willing to go wider a nautilus tank or a kanger nano might be worth a look. Devices have just gotten much larger over time. I used to vape a kanger evod back in the day. Now I’ve got a 30mm aromamizer plus on a geekvape ageis. The thing is about the size of a can of redbull.

• Agree

Chick Bowdrie

Dec 11, 2012
California

Chick Bowdrie

Dec 11, 2012
California
The Aspire tank that was suggested is a solid cartomizer. I have one and the missus has two. The BVC coils come in 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0, I believe. I use the 1.6 in mine with 12 mg juice and it's a good solid hit.
How durable are those? I drop mine about once a month from hip height... or toss it out of my car from my lap. I try to get out of the habit of putting it in my lap while driving but I forget sometimes.

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
How durable are those? I drop mine about once a month from hip height... or toss it out of my car from my lap. I try to get out of the habit of putting it in my lap while driving but I forget sometimes.

I haven't tossed mine out the car window to test it's durability so I can't say for sure. My older son has a problem with breaking things. Pretty much everything he touches. He's 25 now and it isn't getting any better. He's broken more vape units, mods, tanks, etc than I can count. The Aspire tank is NOT indestructible.

Chick Bowdrie

Dec 11, 2012
California
Lower resistance uses more amp power to fire the coil. It really surprised me to find a 1.8Ω coil everything is going lower.
So amperage would go up with a lower ohm coil at a given voltage. That makes sense. Amperage roughly equals heat so it would burn hotter. Unless, you lower voltage to reduce amperage. I think the battery would still drain as fast or faster if you didn't lower the voltage. Probably depends more on the efficiency of the coil. Is it a heat thing for more vapor the sub ohm guys are looking for?

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
So amperage would go up with a lower ohm coil at a given voltage. That makes sense. Amperage roughly equals heat so it would burn hotter. Unless, you lower voltage to reduce amperage. I think the battery would still drain as fast or faster if you didn't lower the voltage. Probably depends more on the efficiency of the coil. Is it a heat thing for more vapor the sub ohm guys are looking for?

In the beginning our batteries made subohm risky, today most any 20A battery can be used mid subohm. 30A and 35A batteries becoming more available, so super subohm is possible with 3000 mah or more. To answer your question as you lower resistance you have a warm vape and possibly more vapor, you also have flavor changes, more efficient nicotine delivery. With the rebuildable setups you can discover your sweet spot and custom your vape. This is where a large number of veteran vapers graduate to, so this is where the market place is leaning toward, but is makes it harder to find products you are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread