The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Replicating a fresh pack of cigarettes taste?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by nicotineisbomb, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. nicotineisbomb

nicotineisbomb Senior Member

Nov 24, 2017
    Tobacco Flavored Liquid

I'm going to try some of these, heard they taste like a fresh pack of each brand...... anyone have experience with them?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Why do you start a new thread Everytime you think up a new question about the same thing?

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    No, I haven't. But I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. 99% of all e-liquid flavors are derived from food flavoring agents. Can you name any foods that taste like a fresh pack of shredded dried tobacco leaves and smoke?

I hope for your sake that I'm wrong.

Tips for Novices Seeking Tobacco/Cigarette Flavors

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
  4. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The saying is they can make e-cigarettes taste like just about anything except a cigarette.

The most “ cigarettey” juice I ever tried was something called “cowboy killer” that attempted to replicate Marlboro reds.

There are some pretty tasty tobacco based juices though. I hear boba’s bounty is coming back which won an award at one point. I’m also fond of “monkey fart” which is a banana nut tobacco flavor

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. PapawBrett

PapawBrett Travelin' Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    • Like Like x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
    I'm talking about the smell of the pack when you first open them not the burning part.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I thought the major pest was tobacco hornworms. My dad used to do research on em for the USDA. Gigantic green things. They turn into a really beautiful moth.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    You initially said "taste".

They may be able to replicate that smell, but really what's the practicality of that? You might as well be using incence or burning candles. :unsure:

Are you just going to smell the e-liquid, or vape it?

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    That they can do.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. PapawBrett

Supporting member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    There is a tobacco beetle and it's larva are embedded in the tobacco leaves. They hatch around 75*F, which is why Humidors are set 72F and below.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Asbestos4004

Sep 11, 2013
    I don't know....I think every single one of the op's threads is a ruse to make cigarettes sound irresistible. I hope I'm wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  12. nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
    I just can't get away from the tobacco taste but you would rather me vape than go back to Newports right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Asbestos4004

Sep 11, 2013
    You're a big boy.....as long as your aunt buys you stuff, you can do whatever you want. You told all of us what a rebel you were and how you had plenty of time to smoke cigarettes and quit before you do any damage. I told you then that I didn't care what you do ...I still don't.

If you want help with vaping, we're all ears and eagerly here to help. If all you want to do is start threads that romanticize cigarettes or start threads about tobacco heating devices, this wouldn't be the right forum. We quit tobacco....we wanted to. That's how it works, you have to want to be rid of tobacco. If you're not there yet, you're not there.... we'll be standing by when you're ready.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Vaperer

Vaperer Senior Member

Supporting member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Puerto Rico
    Look online at an online vape shop.
    Choose a tobacco flavor only. Don't buy nothing mixed up. Buy some Menthol flavoring if you smoke menthol. Add your Menthol to your tobacco flavor. If you don't like Menthol disregard that Menthol part.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Fredman1

Fredman1 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Mate you'll have to embark on your own journey. No use asking someone else when it comes to tastes. You'll get many varied opinions. There is only one way really...get some and try and so on and on and on... That's how we all do it. Your taste is different to mine and the next person. Its just how the vape journey goes....!
    Good luck :thumb:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Storm52

Storm52 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 27, 2014
    Shreveport, LA
    To answer your question, no I have no experience with those flavors. I was a Kool smoker for over 45 years. 2+ pad and after several years, I couldn't taste the menthol or much of anything else for that matter. I started vaping 4 years ago to stop smoking and I didn't want anything to smell or taste like a cigarette. Others may have different view. Today, I don't like the smell of a cigarette (my wife still smokes) nor do I get any pleasure of paying $70 a carton for them. I vape to get away from tobacco and stay away.
    You may not be ready to quit.

• Like Like x 5
  17. nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
    I understand that the ashtray taste of cigarettes is gross, but the fresh pack taste must be better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Coastal Cowboy

Coastal Cowboy This aggression will not stand, man! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    I have to admit... About five years ago I was just as determined to find that "just like a cigarette" holy grail and I was just as stubborn about it as you are.

You'll learn.

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 2
  19. PapawBrett

Supporting member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    Just my experience, yours may very ;
    The first four months of Vaping I avoided Tobacco flavors like the Plague - choosing to vape sweets and bakery as I wanted Something Other Than Tobacco !
    For about five years now I have also vaped certain tobacco flavors, the ones I like. Finding a "Brand Name" might be a little too much. If you want a basic cigarette tobacco with a menthol flavor that you can do. A lot of tobacco e-liquids are extracted from single leaf tobaccos and then mixed, or extracted from pipe and cigar tobaccos. Some have artificial flavors (vanilla, cherry, etc) added.
    Non-extracted tobacco e-liquids have no tobacco. They are a mixture of flavors trying to replicate a tobacco. I am not a fan, NET's are more authentic.
    Searching for a "Newport" e-liquid will probably be a waste of time. Looking for a cigarette tobacco flavor with menthol added is out there, but you'll have to find it yourself. Your taste buds are different form mine and everyone else's. Tastes are Subjective.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  20. PapawBrett

Supporting member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    Here. Respected NET dealer who has been around for years, with a menthol flavor ;

Menthol Analog eJuice

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.