The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Replicating a fresh pack of cigarettes taste?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by nicotineisbomb, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. smacuser

smacuser Boba TK Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    • Like Like x 2
  2. nicotineisbomb

nicotineisbomb Senior Member

Nov 24, 2017
    I guess you get what you pay for.... people swear by this site for having the closest fresh taste replica of each brand without the burning crap..

• Like Like x 2
  3. Beamslider

Beamslider Ultra Member Verified Member

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    I get great ejuice for around $1.50 per 60 ml. Make it all the time

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. nicotineisbomb

nicotineisbomb Senior Member

Nov 24, 2017
    Perhaps I can try to recreate my own stuff like you said but I'm not sure how to do all of that and don't want to get myself hurt. However, the fresh pack method you suggested may be my best bet with added menthol to make my own "newport" liquid.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Opinionated

Opinionated Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 19, 2015
    Chanel lasts far far longer than 30 ml of e-juice does. I could make that Chanel last 6 months to a year...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Vaperer

Vaperer Senior Member

Supporting member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Puerto Rico
    If you do it that way you may taste some tobacco but it's not going to be anywhere near a cigarette just keep that in mind. Give it a try you might like it. Smoking age is 18 in some states and territories. me thinks. Just forget about the cigarettes and do the vape.
    Eventually you'll find a blend that you like. As far as your nicotine levels I use 12 to 18 and then back to 12 so if you want a decent nicotine get 18. Of course this all is dependent upon the laws of your jurisdiction. Smoking age 18. It's the drinking age that's 21 at least in my jurisdiction. It's easy just get straight tobacco. And a bottle of mint or Menthol flavor. Add tobacco into tank. About halfway. Add your Menthol gradually. Shake it. Give it some time to get on the coil. Add more if you want it and you should have a perfect tobacco Menthol Vape.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fiestylillady

Fiestylillady Senior Member

Dec 14, 2017
    USA
    If someone is switching from smoking to vaping and wants the taste of their old cig why is there an objection to this? I recently started to vape and off and on crave a cigarette still. Imo if you've (not you specifically) have moved from being helpful to antagonizing/ discouraging new vapors from quitting is time to .....

• Like Like x 2
  8. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    And I encourage you to read through his entire post history. It certainly ISN'T that we haven't tried to help this kid. It's that he keeps tossing bait in the water and we keep biting.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Upinsmoke

Upinsmoke Senior Member Verified Member

Aug 2, 2017
    Suffolk UK
    The great thing about bait is you don't have to take it.
    Unless you have the brain of a fish.
    Move downstream a little where the guys not disturbing your water.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Upinsmoke

Upinsmoke Senior Member Verified Member

Aug 2, 2017
    Suffolk UK
    I'm with you Fiesty.
    The vape police are on overtime .
    I can hear the heavy feet of a site mod approaching.

• Like Like x 1
  11. listopencil

listopencil Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2017
    NorCal, USA
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    My water is calm an cool. But, thanks for the tip! :thumbs:

• Like Like x 4
  13. Coastal Cowboy

Coastal Cowboy This aggression will not stand, man! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Y'all are missing the point.

The OP has been chasing the cigalike experience from his "hello world!" message.

He's no different from the 94,383 people who started that holy quest before him.

I see nothing wrong with helping him understand that the journey is hopelessly futile, outrageously expensive and otherwise dumb.

We're just having a little harmless fun with it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Fiestylillady

Fiestylillady Senior Member

Dec 14, 2017
    USA
    I an understand a repetitive question can became annoying. But when new members come to review posts and see the information even if it be months later I'm not sure how helpful it will be. Especially with the ever changing options a question asked one year ago may no longer have valid responses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Coastal Cowboy

Coastal Cowboy This aggression will not stand, man! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    You can ask the question in many different ways but the factual answer will never change:

You cannot replicate a real cigarette with an electronic cigarette. Science may one day accomplish this but it hasn't done so yet.

Whether or not you would want it to is a matter of opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I've vaped mostly tobacco flavors for 8 years. So far, there's been nothing that replicates the smell of a fresh pack or that tastes like smoking a cigarette. It's possible to get close with multiple flavors in a mix, but in the end it's only an approximation of what you expected and it's not nearly the same as a cigarette. Most cigarettes aren't that flavorful anyway. What you detect in tobacco smoke is a complex recipe of a number of chemicals added to produce the flavor of a particular cigarette brand.

Lots of us vape unflavored PG and VG with nicotine and no added flavoring. Adding a little Flavourart Black Fire at .5% can resemble a cigarette on the exhale. You can also try tobacco flavors with the Black Fire added to complete the recipe and add flavor. Here's an ECF thread about Black Fire. Maybe the combination will be to your liking. Don't expect to replicate any particular brand, though.

BLACK FIRE by FLAVOURART

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Vaperer

Vaperer Senior Member

Supporting member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Puerto Rico
    The only way to really know is to try a bunch of flavors to you get the right one. It cost me a heap of cash first to figure out what I liked. You can't trust the reviews because everybody's tastes different. I smoke tobacco blends. Basically tobacco with a little bit of caramel and a little bit of vanilla. Of course this is not a cigarette, I find a flavor exquisite and a cigarette couldn't come even close to the wonderful flavors of vaping.
    It's a matter of trial and error.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  18. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    I don't think anyone objects to looking for the cig taste. Most of us did. But it doesn't exist. There is no vape that replicates the taste of burning tobacco.

Also you need to check out his other threads.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Vaperer

Vaperer Senior Member

Supporting member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Puerto Rico
    Yeah I did. Well....,

• Like Like x 2
  20. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco