The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Replicating a fresh pack of cigarettes taste?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by nicotineisbomb, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Yes, we are all saying.... well.

The OP hasn't been in for a while, maybe he is actually purchasing something including eliquid like he said he would do. I hope so. I hope he chose an inexpensive setup. I hope he finds himself liking it, despite himself. I hope he blooms and flowers and becomes a "non-reluctant" vaper. But, I live in the desert, and I have my doubts. Here's hoping, and I raise my vape to the most dedicated-anti vape POSSIBLE vaper to hit the forum that I have seen.

Seriously, if he ever shows up to complain about his vape because he actually inhaled some, I will consider that THE HARM REDUCTION WIN OF ALL TIME!!! LOL.

No offense, OP, I truly and sincerely want you to restore my faith in vaping, by trying it and reporting back. I'm getting dangerously close to the edge.... Of returning to smoking myself!

Oh wait, no I'm not. I'm here because I LOVE vaping and it saved my LIFE, at least quality of life, so far. I can't even begin to say how much better I feel, not just physically, but also kind of optimistically. I can't believe I smoked as long as I did.

To the OP: You are actually a lot like me. I went into vaping begrudgingly and with little hope of success. Only the start of COPD was enough to convince me to try it.

The difference being, I really WANTED it to work by then and was prepared to suffer some discomfort but still switch. I didn't look at vaping as the enemy by then. Cigarettes were my enemy, from the moment I learned to inhale!

Anna

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. SCOTT-3

SCOTT-3 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2012
    london u.k
    @nicotineisbomb For the best tobacco experience is pipe (NET's) at 12mg nic, But you need to fully inhale, Not as you see on all youtube as so called DTL as there only trying for impressive plumes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    I'll give the op this, he's successfully livened up the forum these past few days.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Fiestylillady

Fiestylillady Senior Member

Dec 14, 2017
    USA
    Well.. I've taken some time to check out his posts. I didn't actually open them but just viewed the names of the threads created. I have to say I never wanted to shove a pack of smokes up someone bum but suddenly felt the urge. I can't fathom why someone would create several posts with the exact same name. I stumbled across this one by trying to search for E liquid recipes for newports. I'm assuming when I see OP it stands for original poster. I'm going to ask for the OJ (fill in the last word with what you like ☺. No, it's not the jailbird I'm referring to) posts to be closed to stop the foolishness if he's not serious.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Storm52

Storm52 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 27, 2014
    Shreveport, LA
    And now you understand our comments!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fiestylillady

Fiestylillady Senior Member

Dec 14, 2017
    USA
    Yes. I have seen the light.

• Like Like x 2
  7. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    And brought some ever closer to week long suspensions.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    :tumble:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Upinsmoke

Upinsmoke Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 2, 2017
    Suffolk UK
    Nothing wrong with my hearing .

• Like Like x 1
  10. jfcooley

jfcooley I find your lack of faith disturbing... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I'm going to choose "ignore".
    Attention seems to be more important than actually not smoking. He's been given excellent advice and seems hell bent on ignoring it.

I'm gonna return the favor.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. BoilerGuy

BoilerGuy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2016
    The company that I get my NET from has both a very good Newport juice and a "fresh pack" cig flavor. The Newport menthol is called Cowboy Menthol and the fresh pack is named Old Tymey. The description on the Real Tobacco Extracts website is:

"Old Tymey - Do you remember the smell of a freshly opened pack while opening the cellophane wrapper and tearing the foil? Well, this is it. It reminds me of my fathers Old Gold. Very nostalgic. It will surprise you what that natural fragrance is."

The Cowboy Menthol is a Burley extract with natural menthol.
    I have tried them both. They are excellent.
    I stick with the cigar extracts though as a rule.

• Useful Useful x 3
  12. mcclintock

mcclintock Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2014
    The mixture of the pulp taste of bananas mixing with the toastiness of Toasted marshmallow, at least vaped in their artificial forms, tastes exactly like a Virginia tobacco flavor. Which in turn tastes much like what the OP asks for, except obviously synthetic.

I agree the OP can be annoying, but there are people on this thread that actually ask what is so great about a fresh cig. If you don't think a good cig (fairly rare) doesn't taste/small amazing the instant that heat hits it, you either aren't wired up right or didn't pay attention for the about 1 second that lasts. Being optimistic, that makes for about 5 seconds a day smoking is definitely better than vaping. I personally don't think my health is worth that, especially since vaping can be better than smoking up to about 60 minutes a day.

To me, the form of vaping most evocative of smoking relates to extremely light, teasing, but intense flavors that work with the ejuice base flavor. Like unflavored with enhanced throat hit. But a recent smoker probably wouldn't taste much of anything. I do like NETs but only in very low power hardware with tight airflow, the character of the flavor is far different then. E.g. Goodejuice Patriot 12 mg, original EVOD, cotton wick, 2.4Ω, 3.3V (5W) is unbeatable. For higher power, my latest recipe: TA Garuda 1.2%, TFA Western .6%, 47/53 PG/VG.

• Like Like x 1
  13. listopencil

listopencil Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 28, 2017
    In Partibus Infidelium
    Do you want the taste or the aroma?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. nicotineisbomb

nicotineisbomb Senior Member

Nov 24, 2017
    Taste.

15. Jooboy

Jooboy Full Member

Dec 20, 2013
    uk
    In my Experience, the cheapest Dollar store "Tobacco" flavours are closet and they cost nothing to try.. I think it is because the predominant taste is actually nicotine.. I rotate these for my All Day Vape and like them because they cost next to nothing and are VERY clean juices and also are (in the UK) those rarest of things, a high Nicotine Juice! And they are 80/20 PG/VG

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jooboy

Jooboy Full Member

Dec 20, 2013
    uk
    This sort of thing...
    Nutty is always a good start with tobacco flavours.. You will always get sweetness though..
    American Roasted style tobaccos are the closest but that isn't what I used to smoke..
    If you can find it. Try Vermilion River KY4!
    I adored that flavour, can't get it in UK anymore

Attached Files:

17. SgtDubie

SgtDubie Full Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Lake Francis, Mb, Can
    At one time I was desperate to find that cigarette taste. I never did find it. That’s when I started to find flavours that are just good on their own. I’ve gravitated to berries as my preference. I’ve in the past few months got disappointed when one of my favourite (a blackberry flavour) added something to make it taste more ‘tabbacco’.

Nothing taste like cigarettes in the vape world. The best I have found is flavours that taste like a fresh opened pack smells...

• Useful Useful x 2
  18. Jooboy

Jooboy Full Member

Dec 20, 2013
    uk
    Mister Smoke Toffee did it for me..

Dry and tasty ..
    I HATED Fruit & Menthol flavours although they work for the majority of newcomers after they give up searching for the burning cigarette taste...

Toffee, Caramel, and SOME tobaccos..

RY4 flavours hit the spot for a lot of folk looking for that dry taste..

Again.. I can't rave enough about Vermilion River's KY4.. A real Burley Tobacco taste with a deep dark Caramel..

I miss that stuff HARD!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.