Request for Ingredient Information *kind of important!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
I really don't want you guys to disclose your super secret recipes for juice, but I need to know which juices use certain things that are known to crack polycarbonate tanks. I've started to use this type of tank a lot and I really want to make sure that they last as long as possible since money is always such a concern in this economy and I hate to waste it.

Can you get in touch with the chemist and get a list of juices that use the following ingredients for those of us who have this concern? I realize that having these ingredients in juice doesn't mean that it's guaranteed to crack a tank. It just means that it has the potential to.

(copying and pasting relevant bits from this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ices-flavors-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos-15.html )

Malic acid
Citrus acid
TPA ripe banana flavoring
TPA honeysuckle flavoring
TPA maraschino cherry flavoring
TPA cherry blossom flavoring
TPA root beer flavoring
triacetin
Wintergreen juice or flavoring
Nutmeg
Clove oil
Mt. Dew flavoring
TPA Cinnamon Danish flavoring
Sassafras
TPA Vanilla Custard flavoring
TPA Pineapple flavoring
TPA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream flavoring

If y'all can help me with this, I'll really appreciate it. If you don't want to post it in the forums but you're willing to tell me in a PM, I'd appreciate that as well. You could also maybe list them on your site or put a warning on the juices that have this in them. Thanks in advance :)

Anthonyy207

Mar 15, 2012
Southern Maine
The list has grown quite a bit,

Sour flavors
Malic acid
Citrus acid
Cinnamon like "atomic cinnamon" types, not warm cinnamon like cinnamon coffe cake, this is okay
Wintergreen juice or flavoring
TPA ripe banana flavoring
TPA honeysuckle flavoring
TPA maraschino cherry flavoring
TPA cherry blossom flavoring
TPA root beer flavoring
Mrs. T's strawberry shortcake, snickerdoodle
KBV Hummingbird nectar
mimosa(because of the orange)
cola(because of cinnamon)?
Vapor Renu Teaberry, cherry vanilla (possibly most of their flavors)
Vapor Renu Mt. Dew baha blast and Strawberry limeade
Oil based/e liquid that conains essential oils, when mixed with pg/vg, creates esters which will crack plastics
E liquids that contain triacetin, used in vg liquids to carry flavor more effectively
Vapalicious Gooey Butter Cake
Nutmeg
Clove oil
Mt. Dew flavoring
TPA Cinnamon Danish flavoring
Sassafras
Rawrvapor Hawaii Sunrise
TPA Vanilla Custard flavoring
Tasty Vapor Cherry Cola
Vixen Vapor Rootbeer
TPA Pineapple flavoring
TPA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream flavoring
Vaporgod Licorice
VAL Goddess
Lorann Butter Rum flavor
Alien Vision's Pineapple Pulp
ECBlend's Gingerbread, double flavor
Virgin Vapor Luscious Lime

I just bought a bunch of clearomizers from SI and fire n ice had cracked the tank within a day and made it very cloudy,and also destroyed the bottom of the rubber drip tip, and I had to throw the tank away. Id say it was my fault as I didn't realize this could happen and should of did my research but I filled 2 other cartos with new grape and new blueberry and the clearomizers are completely fine after a week of use. Im still going to vape fire n ice but will just have to rely on a carto. I really love VB but with my next order around the corner im unsure with what is going to be ok to use in my clearomizers. Id love to see a safe polycarbonate tanks list for VB's flavors or an e-mail / PM or something.

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
Right, Anthony, that's the list I was pulling from. I just abbreviated it a bit to list the stuff VB might be using since some of that is brand specific on the list.

Michelle, thanks for looking into it! My stardust has some cracks in it, but they're growing really slowly. My last one was leaking through the crack last time and was tossed by now, so I'm happy enough that it's lasted this long. It has nothing to do with the juice, though. The new stardusts just aren't holding up well since they changed the base.

I'm just going to continue waiting for the phoenix cartos to be stocked at gotvapes and hopefully they'll get the vivi nova soon, too. I don't want to buy knock offs from other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread