resurrectors and the vv splash

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue8091

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
Vape Town
Hey John - I'm certain someone with more knowledge than I will be along and post - are you saying the Ressurector Carto died - inside the tank? It's a 1.7 ohm. On my Smoktech DC Clearo's - I sometimes have to drop down below 3.7v. (just barely) - my Provari is really picky - which is a good thing - it's protecting itself - my Buzz Pro - not so much and will take the Clearo's at up to 4.5 - but I don't use a tank. Have you tried it w/o the tank and have you dropped the volts below 3.7..if you can? Wish I could be of more help, but trust me - someone will be along to help you out!

starr76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2010
Upstate NY
What batteries are you using? I'm asking cause I've had similar problems when using the trustfire flames in my SB--a dual coil carto wouldn't fire, and single coil 1.5 ohms wouldn't either. Found out the protection circuit in my battery was being tripped. I switched over to AW batteries and haven't had a single issue since. The trustfires aren't as good as they used to be and there have been a bunch of counterfeits out there also....maybe that's the issue for you too?

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
The Resurrectors are fine to use on a vv. They're single coil and measure about 1.7 ohms so you'll want to keep the voltage turned down but 3.7 or 4.0 should not be a problem.

You're going to have to go though a process of elimination to see where the problem is. First thing I would try is using another Resurrector to see if you just got a bad carto or one that just isn't making good contact and/or try that carto on another mod. If that checks out check the batteries. If your using regular batteries you may need to go to IMR....which I'd recommend anyway in the samller sizes as they have higher current capaility, especially for lower ohm cartos. If higher ohm is working with that mod and the LR Ressurector isn't working it's probably just pulling more current than the regular 14500s can provide.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
+1 on the batteries. You're tripping the protection circuit on one or more of your batteries. I have 6 grey ultrafires - two of them will trip on a 1.6 ohm dual coil at or above 4.2v and all of the other four can get as high as 4.8v without tripping. I have 4 trustfires - two of which will trip using a 1.6 ohm dc at or above 3.9v and the other two can get to 4.5v. I have 4 AW IMRs and all can get to 7.4v if that's what I want to do.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I had the same problem with my vv device. If I was using ultrafires or trustfires.. sometimes the mod wouldn't fire, I would have to take a batt out, put it back in and then it would fire one more time and then cut off. There is some reason that your batt's protection circuit is cutting off. It is probably your carto. Mine works fine on new(ish) attys and cartos but if they get some juice gunked up it will cause them to read a much lower resistance and cause your batts to trip. You can solve that by using aw imr's or just using another atty/carto or maybe doing a burn to burn the gunk off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread