The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Retired Air Force Guy saying Hi

Discussion in 'Armed Services Forum' started by jazzman10, Jul 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jazzman10

jazzman10 Full Member Verified Member

Jul 18, 2017
    Just wanted to say HI to all the vet's here. I'm retired Air Force 423x2. Retired from Nellis back in 93. Kind of miss the service. Dealing with civilians is a pain especially the ones who have no clue what it entails to wear the uniform. The ones I deal with are dumber then a box of rocks but I guess that's everywhere. Oh well, enough of the ranting. Glad to be here with fellow service men and women.

• Like Like x 1
  2. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    Retired in '99 and with what I see today, am damn glad I'm out. Have no idea what the career field designations are today, but I was a T3C0X1 when I retired. :D

3. jazzman10

Jul 18, 2017
    You're a computer guy. I miss dealing with the people in the Military. People that I deal with are not to smart and they think Common Sense is something you buy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    Which means I deal with, ummmm, computer challenged people on a daily basis. :lol:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. jazzman10

Jul 18, 2017
    Lol. There are a lot of those around.

6. Lord_Mayhem

Lord_Mayhem Full Member

Aug 1, 2017
    Retired in 07 and was a 3C1X1 - Radio Communications Operator. I've heard my career field was shut down and merged with the 3C0s into a new career field 3D0.

7. Celebran

Celebran Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2010
    Eureka, CA
  8. HipGnosis

HipGnosis Full Member

May 15, 2015
    Wisc
    Checkin in too.
    US Air Force; '76 - '96 15 yrs as enlisted flight crew on E-3(A-C); master wings.
    It took me 5-6 yrs when I got out to find a boss I respected and got along with. One of my co-workers was a Navy vet. And even then, it took a few yrs for us to understand ea other.
    One thing that took me quite a while to figure out; in the service I was trained on everything, then tested on it and then signed-off that I was qualified to do it. And then... I was given the responsibility and authority to do it, with a clear understanding when and when not, etc.
    In civilian jobs; they look for initiative - but, only allow for so much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.