Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Above 80 watts I was getting an immediate hot spot of the case of my Gen 3, so hot that it was burning my finger. The heat was localized to the corner where the hinge and the main body intersect. Thought it could be an issue with the end of the board where the USB is attached. Or an issue with the contacts in the hinge.
Looking inside the battery cover I could see some slight discoloring of the the two main contacts that connect the door to the main body where the current flows from the battery to the electronics (pictured below).
I lightly sanded the contacts, and the main battery contacts, then cleaned them all with Brasso.
I also cleaned the 510 connector, but just with kitchen roll as I dislike putting any cleaning agents in that part of the mod.

Hot spot gone, and also an increase in mod to atomizer wattage output that I had noticed was depreciated.
So the corrosion/oxidation was inhibiting the flow of electricity and also possibly causing some micro-arcing.

The point of this post is not just specific to this particular mod. Regulated devices need basic maintenance and up-keep the same as unregulated mods.

That is all, thank you please.

qlxjabF.jpg
cOyZika.jpg

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Problem returned.
Resolved by completely stripping down the device. I found no issues or any contact corrosion as per the reddit article below.
The same as turning a computer off and then on again fixes problems, disassembling hardware and reassembling it can often fix problems.

Quick fix for common RX GEN 3 problems : electronic_cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread