Reuleaux rx200 nitecore i4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Bays 1 and 3, 2 and 4 share 750ma so batteries on bay 1 and 3 (split the 750ma) take twice as long to charge than the one on bay 2 (full 750ma).

I'm using the nitecore i4 and that's how it charges 3 batteries every time. Not sure about the nitecore d4.

I've been alternating which battery gets the fast charge but I still think charging one of the three twice as fast with double the amps can't be optimal. I might have to charge two batteries together than the third separate or get a fourth battery just for charging :-[
I have both a RX200 and the Nitecore Intellicharger i4. I use three LG HG2 3000mah batteries in it.

I experience the same phenomenon as you. Although the literature says the i4 has four independent bays, I suspect that it doesn't. Bays 1 and 3, and bays 2 and 4 seem to share the same circuit. If I put the three batteries in bays 1, 2, and 3 the battery in bay 2 finishes charging faster. If I put the three batteries in bays 2, 3, and 4 the battery in bay 3 always finishes charging faster. This has been very consistant.

As far as I know, I see no reason why this would harm the batteries. As long as all three batteries receive a full charge they should remain "equal" and considered married.

Rudeboy615

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2016
South Florida
I also have an RX200 and a Nightcore i4 charger. I have 2 sets of 3 Samsung 25r batteries. I charge them in bays 1, 2 and 3 or 2, 3 and 4 and all 3 batteries charge at the same speed and finish charging at the same time.
Do you think i have a faulty charger or a different version than you? Mine says 2014 and appears to be the v2 with yellow writing.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
False. when three batteries are in the d4 375ma will go to each battery. Only if you have one battery in will it charge at 750ma

sources: i own both a d4 and rx200

What he said, I also have the rx200 and d4 (just an i4 with a screen)...if you charge more than 1 it charges all batteries at 375mah

FishingBuffalo

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Collinsville,TX
Even though the bays themselves are independent, chargers these days seem to "split" the load amperage to the individual bays. I have a Xtar VC4 and it does the same thing. It is how they charge a liion battery that is more important, not how fast. Yes I also have an RX200. But also other mods to use whilst me batteries charge. Old e cig addage we all learn the hard way- "Do not ever depend on only one device, have backups for your backups".
Batteries are "married" to the mod, not the charger. It is important that the batteries are in the same state of charge, preferably from a good charger like the Nitecore or Xtar.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Even though the bays themselves are independent, chargers these days seem to "split" the load amperage to the individual bays. I have a Xtar VC4 and it does the same thing. It is how they charge a liion battery that is more important, not how fast. Yes I also have an RX200. But also other mods to use whilst me batteries charge. Old e cig addage we all learn the hard way- "Do not ever depend on only one device, have backups for your backups".
Batteries are "married" to the mod, not the charger. It is important that the batteries are in the same state of charge, preferably from a good charger like the Nitecore or Xtar.
Well strictly speaking, the batteries are married to each other, not the mod.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread