(Reuters) - Industry makes $7,000 for each tobacco death: health campaigners

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCHagy74

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
Niverville, NY, US
Industry makes $7,000 for each tobacco death: health campaigners | Reuters

"Whether it's the link between tobacco and increasing rates of lung cancer among women or the ever-increasing number of health conditions and deaths related to tobacco use, the health and economic case for reducing tobacco use has never been clearer," said John Seffrin, chief executive of the ACS.

Yeah, with vaping you American Cancer Society schmuck.

And yes, I share these stories with everyone so that I am not alone with an elevated blood pressure.

Bloody, 'health campaigners'...

RCHagy74

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
Niverville, NY, US
Based on the same fallacy, the government makes:

(Total tax income) / (Number of deaths)

$$$ per each US citizen death.

You can also calculate:

(ACS budget) / (Number of cancer deaths)

to see how much they make.

Maybe they're just jealous on those getting a larger share......

You are not comforting me at all caramel...

:p

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
Well it's such a trivial fallacy that it's not worth a full blown rant.....

It starts with framing the purpose of the industry to be killing people and the false assumption that they cash in based on number of deaths.

Same stupid thing can be done with the automotive industry or anything else. Including Chantix.

P.S. And you can bring in The Children too: toy industry's revenues / children deaths due to interaction with toys

Last edited:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Well it's such a trivial fallacy that it's not worth a full blown rant.....

It starts with framing the purpose of the industry to be killing people and the false assumption that they cash in based on number of deaths.

Same stupid thing can be done with the automotive industry or anything else. Including Chantix.

P.S. And you can bring in The Children too: toy industry's revenues / children deaths due to interaction with toys

Tablets are great for the right uses (okay, I'll take it OT a bit farther). Reading, as a second screen for keeping track of things like March Madness (or a 3rd or 4th) or replacing TVs all over the house (particularly in a wired world). However, they will never replace a keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread