Revenger Go with NRG Tank - Vaporesso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Revenger Go with NRG tank from vaporesso. The Revenger Go Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Gina from vaporesso.

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits-reve...-vaporesso

In the Box

Contents:

1 Revenger GO 220W Mod
1 NRG Sub-Ohm Tank
1 0.15ohm GT 8 Coil Head
1 0.15ohm GT 4 Coil Head
1 Replacement Glass Tube
1 MicroUSB Cable
Instructional Manual

The Revenger Family

This review is the fourth Revenger review i have done and although the looks from the original Revenger haven't really changed each member of the Revenger Family offers something different. the mini gave an inbuilt battery and the LED's on the back panel, the Revenger X took what was a great device with good menu system and improved it as well has using touch sensitive buttons, and finally here with the Revenger Go we have a large 5000mAh inbuilt battery.

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Revenger Go comes in the normal Vaporesso packaging which i'm a fan of as nothing is free to move about during transit. The device itself apart from being larger and not having the three physical operational buttons (Revenger Go has touch sensitive buttons) is identical in look to the original Revenger apart from having a futuristic triangular based design on both the front and back panels. The Revenger Go comes in 2 colour options, Aluminium and Black so i'm not sure which i received as it appears to me to be Gun Metal. The device as with all the Revenger devices is very sleek looking and very shiny which means it attracts fingerprints big time, the inclusion of a lint free cloth would of been a good move. Like mentioned the front and back is a black mirrored finish with a metallic surround. The front houses in the upper half the 0.96 OLED screen, in the lower half is where you can just see the touch sensitive buttons housed underneath the surface (very smart). Above the screen is a plaque with "REVENGER GO" printed on and finally the USB port sits at the bottom. Above the mirrored finish on the back of the device has "VAPORESSO" again printed on a plaque and both front and back panels have a triangular design. The chassis that the front and back is attached to is black, the bottom has safety stamps and generous venting, the top houses a spring loaded 510 and finally on one side is a large rectangular fire button which operates more like a light switch (you need to press it at the top). The device is excellent build quality, aesthetically gorgeous along with feeling very comfortable in the hand.

NRG Specs and Features:

26.5mm Diameter
5mL Juice Capacity
Superior Stainless Steel Construction
Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
Delrin Widebore Drip Tip
Slide-n-Fill Design - Convenient Top-Fill
Heating Insulation Layer on Base
510 Connection
Colours: SS, Black, Red, Blue

NRG Overview

The tank i received is the 5ml version but there is also a 2ml TPD compliant version available. The first thing to mention is the aesthetics of the tank are great, and it suits the Revenger Go very well, it is a very nice looking tank.

Assembling and Filling

The tank comes apart simply and reassembles with equal ease. Before reassembling the tank i pre saturated the cotton via the wicking holes and a bit of juice applied directly in the middle of the coil (there is a lot of cotton in the coil heads). Filling the tank is easy as the NRG as a great top-fill system, the top-cap just slides to one side on a hinge revealing a large filling hole. After filling the top slides back into place with just the right amount of resistance, the top-cap will not move unless the user means it to. I don't usually like drip tips that come with a tank and prefer to fit my own but the wide bore delrin drip tip supplied with the NRG suits the tank and feels very comfortable in the mouth. A 510 adaptor is also supplied so you can use a 510 drip tip if you prefer.

I have tried both the tank and supplied coils when i reviewed the Revenger X and both coils were very flavoursome after a bit of break in time and gave plenty of cloud. I found the airflow was more than enough and only used it half open on both coils. The airflow on the tank itself is a standard cyclops with stoppers and the aggressive texturing on the airflow ring (which looks great and adds to the aesthetics of the tank) helps with grip when adjusting. Both supplied coils are 0.15 and i found the GT4 best at 50W and the GT8 best at 70W. There was no issues with the coil heads keeping up with the wicking. There are 5 coil heads available for the NRG which also include a ceramic coil which Vaporesso are renowned for. The tank has a heating insulation layer to help keep the tank cool and it seemed to do it's job. I also suffered no leaking from the tank.

Revenger Go Specs and Features:

Dimensions: 89mm by 45mm by 28mm
Built-in 5000mAh Rechargeable Batteries
Wattage Output Range: 5-220W
Temperature Control Range: 200-600F
Min Atomizer Resistance: 0.05ohm
Innovative OMNI Board 2.2 Chipset
Support Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Heating Elements
Temperature Coefficient of Resistance Adjustments (TCR)
Customized Curvature of Temperature (CCT)
Customized Curvature of Wattage (CCW)
Smart VW Mode
Bypass Mode
Real Time Clock Setting
Real Charging Time
Equalizing Charge System
Haptic Pattern: Mobile-Specific Vibration Motor
Sensory Accommodation: 8 Tier Vibration Adjustment
Intuitive 0.91 Inch OLED Display
One Physical Firing Button
Three Efficient Touch Buttons - Intuive Adjustments
Durable Aluminum Alloy Construction
In-Mould Labeling (IML) Injection - High-Resistant
All Metal Oversized Firing Button
MicroUSB Port
510 Connection
Colours: Aluminium, Black

Using the Revenger Go

As mentioned already, i have reviewed all the Revenger range and the Revenger Go is the same device as the Revenger X with slight more futuristic aesthetics and large built in battery rather than using external batteries as the X does. The screen is nice and bright with excellent clear layout which hasn't changed since the original Revenger. The device is 5 clicks on and 5 clicks to turn off, when on 3 clicks locks and unlocks the device, when unlocked pressing the up and down touch responsive buttons will adjust the wattage, or temperature if in temp control. There are 3 responsive buttons, between the up and down buttons set a bit lower is the mode/select responsive button, it's these three buttons you use to navigate around and select in the menu system. To enter the menu is 3 presses of the mode/select button which brings up a list of options which are, VW High, VW Normal, VW Soft, CCW (Custom Curves), VT SS, VT Ni, VT Ti, TCR M1, TCR M2 and Bypass, underneath Bypass there are 2 options, System Set and Exit. If you select one of the temp control wires it gives you further options for TCR setting, set wattage for temp control, custom curve and locking the resistance. Selecting system set brings up another list of options which are, Time Set, Brightness, Puff Counter, Smart on/off (when set the device automatically selects appropriate wattage for coil, this can be adjusted), Screen Timeout, Version info and Default. The menu system is very sleek and user friendly.

Performance

I have loved using all the Revengers especially the Revenger X so it was no surprise that i found the Revenger Go version superb, after-all it is basically the Revenger X but with an internal battery. On this occasion i didn't use the supplied tank as i have used the NRG countless times and the coils included were the exact same coils i received with the Revenger X Kit, so when i described how i found the tank and coils was taken from when i previously used it. I really enjoy using the custom curves on Vaporesso products and they are done very well on the Revenger Go. Up to a 28mm tank will fit without overhang and i found the battery life of the inbuilt 5000mAh compared well with the battery life you would get with duel battery devices. The Revenger Go supports 2A charging and is fully firmware up-gradable. The touch sensitive buttons work very well and i honestly can't think of an occasion where a press didn't register.

Conclusion

The Revenger Go Kit is a kit of the highest quality with both the Revenger Go and NRG Tank being top notch products. It's just a question of if you prefer internal or external batteries as the Revenger X would be the better option if the answer is external batteries. The only disappointment to me is i think by now Vaporesso should have introduced a colour display and i certainly think a colour display would of given the Go a bit more originality from the other devices in the Revenger Series.

Pros

Gorgeous Looking
High Build Quality
Easy To Use
2A charging
Good battery life
Temp Control
Custom Curves
Vibrate
Touch Sensitive Buttons
Clock Screensaver
Firmware Upgradeable
NRG Pros: 5ml Capacity
Top-fill
Coils give very good flavour and cloud

Cons

Fingerprint magnet
Lack of colour display
Internal battery will not suit some.

I would once again like to thank Gina from Vaporesso for supplying the Revenger Go Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits-reve...-vaporesso

• Useful
Reactions: RedBullBabe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread