The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Revenger X 220 and other mods that damage battery wraps

Discussion in 'APV and Mods Discussion' started by shangula, Mar 7, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. shangula

shangula Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2014
    British Columbia
    Hey all, been vaping for quite a number of years and I'd like to chime in on mods in which have battery slots that put nicks in battery wraps. Currently using a Revenger X 220 and I noticed it likes putting little nicks in my battery wraps no matter how careful I am taking them out. I was just the new revamped Snow Wolf and it didn't have this issue but I went back to the Revenger, (I just like it better)...

It irks me cause my HG2s are less than a month old and already getting tiny nicks, so I usually just patch them up with electrical tape till it bothers me enough and I rewrap them with a blow dryer/battery wrap.

Guess with some mods there really is no way around it, it seems inevitable that certain mods are more prone for making nicks in wrap. If anything I wish 18650 manufacturers put a much tougher wrap on factory bats.

Your thoughts?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    The Villages, FL
    Yes, some mods are rough on wraps.
    I've noticed HG2s wraps are brittle and easy to tare around the insulator ring.
    The batteries we use are not intended to be used individually, they are sold with the intention of being assembled in battery packs only.
    Manufactures say specifically they are not to be used in vaping devices.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Fidola13

Fidola13 Super Member Verified Member

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Fidola13

Fidola13 Super Member Verified Member

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Btw I use Samsung 25Rs , LG H2s and a couple of Effests. No problem with ANY of them getting damaged.
    • Like Like x 1