Revenger X Kit - Vaporesso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Revenger X Kit from vaporesso. The Revenger X Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Gina from vaporesso.

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits-reve...-vaporesso

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Revenger X Mod
1 x NRG tank
1 x GT4 Core(Pre-installed)
1 x NRG4 0.15Ω
1 x Vaporesso USB Cable
1 x Replacement Glass Tube
1 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card
1 x Coil Guide
Spare O-rings

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Revenger X comes in the normal Vaporesso packaging which i'm a fan of as nothing is free to move about during transit. The device itself apart from being larger and having the three operational buttons (Revenger X has touch sensitive buttons) not present is identical in look to the original Revenger. Like with the original Revenger i received the metallic rainbow version which makes it about the shiniest device available with the mirrored front and back, of course the downside to this is it's an hell of a fingerprint magnet (but nothing a soft cloth doesn't solve). Like mentioned the front and back is a black mirrored finish with a metallic surround. The front houses in the upper half the 0.96 OLED screen, in the lower half is where you can just see the touch sensitive buttons housed underneath the surface (very smart). Above the screen is a plaque with "REVENGER X" printed on and finally the USB port sits at the bottom. Above the mirrored finish on the back of the device has "REVENGER X" this time engraved on and on the mirrored surface itself there is Vaporesso branding. The chassis the front and back is attached to is black, the bottom has safety stamps and generous venting, the top houses a spring loaded 510 and finally on one side is a large rectangular fire button which operates more like a switch (you need to press it at the top). The device is excellent build quality, aesthetically gorgeous along with feeling very comfortable in the hand.

NRG Tank

The NRG tank deserves a review of it's own, so i will start with that then move on to the Revenger X. The tank i received is the 5ml version but there is also a 2ml TPD compliant version available. The first thing to mention is the aesthetics of the tank are great, and it suits the Revenger X very well, it is a very nice looking tank.

NRG Specs:

Diameter 26.5mm / 23mm (2ml version)
Height 56mm / 47mm (2ml version)
5ml / 2ml Capacity
Wide Bore 810 drip tip
Compatible with the GT Core Vaporesso coils
Stainless steel construction
Top-filling
Weight 66g / 48g (2ml version)

Assembling and Filling

The tank comes apart simply and reassembles with equal ease.

Before reassembling the tank i pre saturated the cotton via the wicking holes and abit of juice applied directly in the middle of the coil (there is a lot of cotton in the coil heads).
Filling the tank is easy as the NRG as a great top-fill system, the top-cap just slides to one side on a hinge revealing a large filling hole. After filling the top slides back into place with just the right amount of resistance, the top-cap will not move unless the user means it to. I don't usually like drip tips that come with a tank and prefer to fit my own but the wide bore delrin drip tip supplied with the NRG suits the tank and feels very comfortable in the mouth. A 510 adaptor is also supplied so you can use a 510 drip tip if you prefer.

Performance

I tried both supplied coils with this tank and both were very flavoursome after a bit of break in time and gave plenty of cloud. I found the airflow was more than enough and only used it half open on both coils. The airflow on the tank itself is a standard cyclops with stoppers and the aggressive texturing on the airflow ring (which looks great and adds to the aesthetics of the tank) helps with grip when adjusting. Both supplied coils are 0.15 and i found the GT4 best at 50W and the GT8 best at 70W. There was no issues with the coil heads keeping up with the wicking.
There are 5 coil heads available for the NRG which also include a ceramic coil which Vaporesso are renowned for. The tank has a heating insulation layer to help keep the tank cool and it seemed to do it's job. I also suffered no leaking from the tank.

5ml Capacity
Top-fill
Coils give very good flavour and cloud
Aesthetically Pleasing
High Build Quality

The Revenger X Specs:

Dimensions: 45 x 89 x 28mm
Display: OLED 0.96 inch
Brightness: 16 tier adjustment
Button: 1 physical fire button, 3 responsive touch button
Haptic pattern: mobile-specific vibration motor
Sensory accommodation: 8 tier vibration adjustment
Startup speed: <0.1s
Wattage Range: 5 - 220W
Temperature Control Range: 100℃-315℃/200F-600F
Mode: VW(H/N/S)/CCW/CCT/VT(Ni/Ti/SS)/TCR(M1/M2)/RTC/BYPASS
Battery: Dual 18650 battery (not included)
Thread: 510 thread

Using the Revenger X

The battery door is the mirrored back panel, there are two small indents at the bottom to get your nails in and the panel comes straight off. The orientation of the batteries is marked but only by very small black on black + & - so it could be done more clearly. The panel snaps back into place very nicely and is very secure, there is no rattle or movement whatsoever. Being a power mode user i found the menu system of the original Revenger very good but it has been improved on the Revenger X making everything quick and easy to access. First thing is yes 5 clicks on and off, also if nothing is pressed for a while or once fired the touch sensitive buttons lock so nothing can be altered accidentally, to reactivate is 3 presses of the fire button. The touch sensitive buttons are up and down and lower down you can see a gear which is the select/mode button. Pressing the mode button 3 times brings up the menu which is a long list of choices, they are VW hard, normal, soft, custom curves, the 3 different temp control wires, memory slots and bypass. When choosing one of the temp control wires you then have the option of TCR and setting temperature and wattage. Underneath the final choice (bypass) there is 2 boxes, system set and exit. Selecting system set brings up another list of options, time set, brightness, puff counter, smart on/off, screen timeout, vibration, firmware version information and default. Every-time you switch the device on or press a button the device gives a little vibrate similar to a mobile phone. As with the other Revenger devices when the screen timeouts it displays a nice clock face.

Performance

I loved using the original Revenger so it was no surprise that i found the improved version superb. I really enjoy using the custom curves on Vaporesso products and they are done very well on the Revenger X. Up to a 28mm tank will fit without overhang and i found the battery life on par with other duel battery devices. The Revenger X supports 2A charging and is fully firmware up-gradable. The touch sensitive buttons work very well and i honestly can't think of an occasion where a press didn't register.

Pros

Gorgeous Looking
High Build Quality
Easy To Use
220W
Temp Control
Custom Curves
Vibrate
Touch Sensitive Buttons
Clock Screensaver

Cons

Battery Orientation could be more clearly marked
Fingerprint Magnet

Conclusion

The Revenger X Kit is a kit of the highest quality with both the Revenger X and NRG Tank being top notch products.

I would once again like to thank Gina from Vaporesso for supplying the Revenger X Kit for the purpose of this review.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Revenger X Kit from Vaporesso. The Revenger X Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Gina from Vaporesso.

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Revenger X Mod
1 x NRG Tank
1 x GT4 Core(Pre-installed)
1 x NRG4 0.15Ω
1 x Vaporesso USB Cable
1 x Replacement Glass Tube
1 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card
1 x Coil Guide
Spare O-rings

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Revenger X comes in the normal Vaporesso packaging which i'm a fan of as nothing is free to move about during transit. The device itself apart from being larger and having the three operational buttons (Revenger X has touch sensitive buttons) not present is identical in look to the original Revenger. Like with the original Revenger i received the metallic rainbow version which makes it about the shiniest device available with the mirrored front and back, of course the downside to this is it's an hell of a fingerprint magnet (but nothing a soft cloth doesn't solve). Like mentioned the front and back is a black mirrored finish with a metallic surround. The front houses in the upper half the 0.96 OLED screen, in the lower half is where you can just see the touch sensitive buttons housed underneath the surface (very smart). Above the screen is a plaque with "REVENGER X" printed on and finally the USB port sits at the bottom. Above the mirrored finish on the back of the device has "REVENGER X" this time engraved on and on the mirrored surface itself there is Vaporesso branding. The chassis the front and back is attached to is black, the bottom has safety stamps and generous venting, the top houses a spring loaded 510 and finally on one side is a large rectangular fire button which operates more like a switch (you need to press it at the top). The device is excellent build quality, aesthetically gorgeous along with feeling very comfortable in the hand.

NRG Tank

The NRG tank deserves a review of it's own, so i will start with that then move on to the Revenger X. The tank i received is the 5ml version but there is also a 2ml TPD compliant version available. The first thing to mention is the aesthetics of the tank are great, and it suits the Revenger X very well, it is a very nice looking tank.

NRG Specs:

Diameter 26.5mm / 23mm (2ml version)
Height 56mm / 47mm (2ml version)
5ml / 2ml Capacity
Wide Bore 810 drip tip
Compatible with the GT Core Vaporesso coils
Stainless steel construction
Top-filling
Weight 66g / 48g (2ml version)

Assembling and Filling

The tank comes apart simply and reassembles with equal ease.

Before reassembling the tank i pre saturated the cotton via the wicking holes and abit of juice applied directly in the middle of the coil (there is a lot of cotton in the coil heads).
Filling the tank is easy as the NRG as a great top-fill system, the top-cap just slides to one side on a hinge revealing a large filling hole. After filling the top slides back into place with just the right amount of resistance, the top-cap will not move unless the user means it to. I don't usually like drip tips that come with a tank and prefer to fit my own but the wide bore delrin drip tip supplied with the NRG suits the tank and feels very comfortable in the mouth. A 510 adaptor is also supplied so you can use a 510 drip tip if you prefer.

Performance

I tried both supplied coils with this tank and both were very flavoursome after a bit of break in time and gave plenty of cloud. I found the airflow was more than enough and only used it half open on both coils. The airflow on the tank itself is a standard cyclops with stoppers and the aggressive texturing on the airflow ring (which looks great and adds to the aesthetics of the tank) helps with grip when adjusting. Both supplied coils are 0.15 and i found the GT4 best at 50W and the GT8 best at 70W. There was no issues with the coil heads keeping up with the wicking.
There are 5 coil heads available for the NRG which also include a ceramic coil which Vaporesso are renowned for. The tank has a heating insulation layer to help keep the tank cool and it seemed to do it's job. I also suffered no leaking from the tank.

5ml Capacity
Top-fill
Coils give very good flavour and cloud
Aesthetically Pleasing
High Build Quality

The Revenger X Specs:

Dimensions: 45 x 89 x 28mm
Display: OLED 0.96 inch
Brightness: 16 tier adjustment
Button: 1 physical fire button, 3 responsive touch button
Haptic pattern: mobile-specific vibration motor
Sensory accommodation: 8 tier vibration adjustment
Startup speed: <0.1s
Wattage Range: 5 - 220W
Temperature Control Range: 100℃-315℃/200F-600F
Mode: VW(H/N/S)/CCW/CCT/VT(Ni/Ti/SS)/TCR(M1/M2)/RTC/BYPASS
Battery: Dual 18650 battery (not included)
Thread: 510 thread

Using the Revenger X

The battery door is the mirrored back panel, there are two small indents at the bottom to get your nails in and the panel comes straight off. The orientation of the batteries is marked but only by very small black on black + & - so it could be done more clearly. The panel snaps back into place very nicely and is very secure, there is no rattle or movement whatsoever. Being a power mode user i found the menu system of the original Revenger very good but it has been improved on the Revenger X making everything quick and easy to access. First thing is yes 5 clicks on and off, also if nothing is pressed for a while or once fired the touch sensitive buttons lock so nothing can be altered accidentally, to reactivate is 3 presses of the fire button. The touch sensitive buttons are up and down and lower down you can see a gear which is the select/mode button. Pressing the mode button 3 times brings up the menu which is a long list of choices, they are VW hard, normal, soft, custom curves, the 3 different temp control wires, memory slots and bypass. When choosing one of the temp control wires you then have the option of TCR and setting temperature and wattage. Underneath the final choice (bypass) there is 2 boxes, system set and exit. Selecting system set brings up another list of options, time set, brightness, puff counter, smart on/off, screen timeout, vibration, firmware version information and default. Every-time you switch the device on or press a button the device gives a little vibrate similar to a mobile phone. As with the other Revenger devices when the screen timeouts it displays a nice clock face.

Performance

I loved using the original Revenger so it was no surprise that i found the improved version superb. I really enjoy using the custom curves on Vaporesso products and they are done very well on the Revenger X. Up to a 28mm tank will fit without overhang and i found the battery life on par with other duel battery devices. The Revenger X supports 2A charging and is fully firmware up-gradable. The touch sensitive buttons work very well and i honestly can't think of an occasion where a press didn't register.

Pros

Gorgeous Looking
High Build Quality
Easy To Use
220W
Temp Control
Custom Curves
Vibrate
Touch Sensitive Buttons
Clock Screensaver

Cons

Battery Orientation could be more clearly marked
Fingerprint Magnet

Conclusion

The Revenger X Kit is a kit of the highest quality with both the Revenger X and NRG Tank being top notch products.

I would once again like to thank Gina from Vaporesso for supplying the Revenger X Kit for the purpose of this review.

I just bought the Revenger X kit last week after using the mini for awhile. I couldn’t be happier with it!

Reactions: Tim Wiseman

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
The Revenger X is my new favorite mod. I can't get over how amazing it is to have the setting lock automatically!! Why isn't every mod built this way? I have never had it change settings on me. The NRG ceramic coils are fantastic. Glad I stocked up on them. They last a very long time, but I definitely don't want to run out. I still use my regular Revenger but the X is pretty much perfect, especially for carrying with me. NEVER a nasty hot hit because the mod changed settings on me. :)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Glad you are enjoying it!! The auto lock feature is awesome. Never have to worry abt the settings changing accidentally or firing by mistake.

I also bought a stockpile of the GT C cell ceramic coils. I bought like 15 packages from Fasttech the price was so good. I’ve been using the Vaporesso Cascade tank which also uses the GT coils. The GTM. Coils it comes with aren’t that great imo. They also are coming out with a mesh coil and another ceramic coil at .3 ohms. You can use the ceramic coil with TCR. according to the Vaporesso customer service rep on FB it’s a stainless steel coil. It does temp control great.

Not sure if you already know this but you can download the Vapresso program to ur PC and not only can you update the firmware but change all the TCR settings, adjust the Custom Curves, set the preheat settings and even change the Dispay Theme to your own. It’s similar to the Yihi program.

I ended up buying 4 of them I love them so much lol! I have so many different mods from yihi to DNAs but I’ve always got a Revenger X as my main mod.

Enjoy it!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Glad you are enjoying it!! The auto lock feature is awesome. Never have to worry abt the settings changing accidentally or firing by mistake.

I also bought a stockpile of the GT C cell ceramic coils. I bought like 15 packages from Fasttech the price was so good. I’ve been using the Vaporesso Cascade tank which also uses the GT coils. The GTM. Coils it comes with aren’t that great imo. They also are coming out with a mesh coil and another ceramic coil at .3 ohms. You can use the ceramic coil with TCR. according to the Vaporesso customer service rep on FB it’s a stainless steel coil. It does temp control great.

Not sure if you already know this but you can download the Vapresso program to ur PC and not only can you update the firmware but change all the TCR settings, adjust the Custom Curves, set the preheat settings and even change the Dispay Theme to your own. It’s similar to the Yihi program.

I ended up buying 4 of them I love them so much lol! I have so many different mods from yihi to DNAs but I’ve always got a Revenger X as my main mod.

Enjoy it!
Ha! I bought 5 boxes of the coils on Fastech and thought I was going overboard, lol! :D I'm glad I did, though. I have been in love with how Vaporesso does ceramic since the original c-Cell and they just keep getting better. I will definitely have to try out the mesh ones! I just got my first mesh coil tank yesterday, the Ello Dura. Had no idea I was getting it so it was a little like Christmas! :D That mesh coil is incredible, so I am all about latching on to Vaporesso's version. I will be picking up another X as well. I carry 3 mods minimum with me so I figure having ones with me that won't change settings at any given moment is a smart move. :D Besides that, I HAAAATE when I have to wait for my first hit. I want to start vaping as soon as I press the fire button, which is my other favorite feature of the X.

I do know about the online software. I used it with the Target(s). I haven't loaded it for the X yet because I am a #lazyvaper and I vape in wattage mode, lol. At some point I will play around with the settings, especially when I order some of the new ceramic coils! Right now I am enjoying trying different tanks and coils on the X. I found that the recommended settings usually run just a little higher than where I like to vape, but it's so much fun to just slap a tank on it and know that it's in the ballpark and I'm not going to get no vapor or flaming hot vapor if I just hit the fire button. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Fidola13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread