Review and giveaway-- Tank to be PIF to ECF member

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
So, I was the lucky recipient of the IJOY CAPO 100W Full Kit.

It took a bit to arrive, and I wanted to try it out, so now I am doing a mini-review as well as offering the tank to someone who enjoys sub0hm and is looking for a tank, as the tank is definitely a bit too sub0hm for my tastes, though it's an excellent tank that gives a nice vape for someone seeking clouds. Just PM me if you are interested in the tank, and I will be happy to send it. It's simply not my vaping style, though it is a very nice tank, easygoing, does not leak, and functions well.

So, my first impressions of this setup were very favorable. It's a good looking setup, the mod and the tank balance each other very nicely, size wise. The form factor is very pleasant in the hand. It's quite heavy, which is something I don't mind in a mod, and it's clear that the included battery provides excellent battery life. I was able to use my Intellicharger v2 nitcore to charge it, it charged quite quickly but there is a USB port if you have a charger not supporting this battery type.

It's an easy setup and the user modes are pretty intuitive (or, I'm getting better at figuring stuff out.) The various modes do what they say they will without a huge amount of effort on my part. The fire button is nicely place and the mod is easy to fire. It's a very smooth, consistent vape and I tried it using several tanks, including my MTL Kayfun. It's a lovely looking and lovely styled mod, and clearly thought was put into the design. I particularly liked the up and down buttons being right below the display screen and the display is clear and easy to read. The internal quality of this mod is fantastic, it's a smooth, consistent vape, seems to be on the higher powered side, and adjusting things is easy.... In fact, the only caution I would give (though it's actually a good thing, since in wattage mode you are dealing with decimal points) is that those up down buttons move quickly, so start out cautiously when adjusting.

I do love the form factor for a single battery mod with that much power, the form factor in my hand is one of my favorite things about this mod. That, and the power conversion from the battery and the smooth quality of the vape.

My main (and only) issue with this mod, is that it's a hard plastic (which makes sense, given the weight of the battery) and unfortunately, the first time I tipped it over, the screen scratched. I would say this is more a review of me than the mod, and if I had not PIF this mod, due to the fact that I know my vaping style and "durable" is a huge part of it, I would have kept the mod, as it's just lovely. I knew, however, that if I kept using it, it would either wind up broken, or very scratched up, and that's unfortunate... for me.

I wouldn't let this stop someone from purchasing this setup, though, provided you aren't like me and pretty clumsy, but I was able to PIF to someone who'd use it and not scratch it like crazy, which would be a shame for this mod. Again, I don't view it as a design flaw and it convinced me a DNA mod with a touchscreen would likely not be in my future at this time, as I imagine the same would happen for me with any mod with that kind of large display. So, I count it as something that I noticed but I do think for those who really are able to not be clumsy, this is a fantastic mod, and I LIKE the display, it's bright, and easy to read.

The tank is a lovely vape, and it is very cloudy. I had to appreciate the smoothness of the vape, even though it was quite cloudy indeed. I used the 0.3 coil, and with the 0.5 coil I could see trying to adjust it to MTL but it seemed fairly airy and cloudy, even at lower wattages (30--40 which is much higher than my usual style. I did not try the 0.5 coil, simply because I felt this tank was really designed with sub0hming in mind though I imagine that with the right settings, a DL setup would be possible. It's a very easygoing tank, not a leaker, and I enjoyed the (few) puffs that I took, I just knew that I did not want to transition into sub0hm vaping, at least right now. The tank itself is very aesthetically pleasing as well, the wide bore drip tip was not to my taste (though that is to be expected), but I did enjoy trying it out and getting to know the setup as a whole.

This was a great opportunity for me to try out something new, and I really appreciated the contest and the giveaway itself, it was wonderful of Ellegomall to send me this setup, and for the right vaper I feel this could really get the job done well, and the new battery life, form factor and styling were impeccable and it was pretty clear that the choices made for the electronics resulted in a solid consistent vape, TC seemed to function well, though I don't have a DNA mod to compare it to, but it was as solid in TC mode as it was in wattage mode.

Overall, this mod had more assets than demerits in my view (the ease of scratching the screen was a big demerit (but only to me). It was a fascinating product, and I really enjoyed receiving it. Thank you @Pheric and Ellegomall for the giveaway.

My vape came in black, so the tank is black. I will ship it to an ECF member who is interested in it, just PM me. :) Thanks so much for the giveaway, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it AND the ability to share the joy, so thanks again, Pheric and Ellegomall. :)

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread