REVIEW: DK Tobacco Base flavoring from Perfumers Apprentice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nascar_Perry

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hello Members,

Recently I have been mixing and matching and enjoying making my own DIY juices. I have had some excellent success stories with mixes such as:

-Chocolate
-Strawberry
-RedBull
-Vanilla Custard
-After 8

and more... recently I experienced my first yuk juice as I will call it. I picked up a 3ml bottle of DK Tobacco Base flavoring from my friend Jack at Happy Vapor, I got home and began mixing. I know I probably made a mistake in the recipe I made by using way too much DK Tob base, but I ended up making it at 15% flavoring to a 10ml bottle. Took a whif and almost gagged.

I tried to vape it and actually did gag lol. Picture walking out into a robust garden in the middle of the spring time on a hot day when all the flowers are blooming and you can smell the heavy odor of blooming flower pedals and roses........ yeah...... there's my juice :laugh: I can add this as a replacement to ipecac syrup if I wanted.

The good news... All was not lost. I thinned the bejeabus out of this 10ml batch, added a bit more PG Nic base bringing it back up to 9mg (my current level and dropping) and added the following flavors:
Strawberry, Chocolate, Caramel and was able to salvage the juice to a point where it is vapable now. :)

In review: This would be a very good flavor to use in very low moderation. I would say 1-2% flavoring... 3 max. And would probably go well with Tobacco Absolute and other Tobacco flavorings.

Lesson learned.... I make great Juice bases at 70/30 with nic.... but I have to learn to start lightly with the flavoring before I create the mother of all juices that would drop an army :blink::laugh:

Danesnpits

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Aberdeen, Saskatchewan
I am glad I didn't buy the DK stuff, I heard it is hard to mix. But with that being said, I find that all those flavors, strawberry, choco, Caramel are awesome choices to help fix an otherwise lost juice. You said this stuff tasted perfumey to you right? When we were conversing on facebook? I find that anything that has that perfumey taste to it can be fixed with berries. I really like this review, cuz I think I just may buy the DK. I have a huge bottle though of the tobacco absolute, and havn't even tried it yet, so when I do make somthing, I will be sure to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread