Review: Low Resistance Atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

auTONYmous

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan
I've had a couple of weeks with the 902 and Sidesho Low Resistance Atomizers, and here's what I have to say about them:

1) Sidesho Low Resistance Atomizer: It's pretty good! I don't have a full sidesho (or standard SS atty) to compare it with, but for dripping, this thing is effing awesome. Great flavor, decent TH, comparable to standard 902 atty in vapor. To do that in a smaller size and with an exposed bridge is just too cool for words. Drippers/dippers, fall in love!

2) 902 Low Resistance Atomizer: This one rocks. I've used it on my autos, my manuals, and my passthrough (NOT RECOMMENDED, see note below). Used properly with batteries, the vapor is very good (even with all-pg liquid), the TH is actually a slight bit smoother than the standard atty, and flavor is enhanced ever so slightly. Any improvement over a regular "new" 902 is just godlike, as the 902v2 is so good by itself. Only drawback I could see was it seems to drink liquid a little faster, and drains batteries a touch faster as well. I honestly can't tell it apart from my passthrough.

Use the 902 LR atty with a manual and some VG juice, and get ready to put out almost Chuck-like clouds. Almost :).

My verdict: I think I'll be getting a Sidesho soon, as I'm pleasantly surprised I like the smaller size of it. The 902 is still the champ, and the LR atty is just an improvement on an already fabulous device. Daddy likes!

Recommendations: Use the standard attys for your regular vaping needs. They're easier on your batteries. When the "nic monster" hits you (meaning, you need a nicotine fix, STAT), pull out a LR atty and you can kill it more quickly, while enjoying more flavor/vapor in the process. A passthrough also does the job nicely, but the LR atty is portable, so its a winner.

Note: I mention above not to use an LR atty with a passthrough. Tony may have to confirm the numbers, but if the PT runs at 5v (confirm?) and the atty is an LR, you can get some juice burning, which tastes just plain weird. I'm also not sure how bad this is for the atty life, so avoid using this combo. (I use blue foam in all my mods, and I also noticed a tiny bit of foam melt, which you can also taste.)

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Thanks for the thread, auTONYmous. Instead of starting another, here're my thoughts on the LR attys. I've been using the 902 daily and I'm "think" I'm seeing a difference, but I think its slight. The 902 I feel is already known for a perfect balance between great vapor and great taste. The new atty I feel adds slightly more vapor but takes aways a slight amount of taste. Because of this, I'm not sure which I prefer. I want to get some double-flavor juice and then I have a feeling I'd prefer this LR atty. I don't see any difference in battery consumption.
My wife has been using the LR Sidesho atty. She LOVES it. She says she's getting more vapor without losing any taste and that its a workhorse and its very consistent. She also sees no difference on battery consumption which is great news. Based on her thoughts, I might even start using my Sidesho again.

grndzero

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Tucson, AZ
What does the Low Resistance Atomizer do? Does it just burn hotter?

I understand both reviews said more vapor... it that basically what it does?

I was a bit confused with this at first too. If you use a battery and lower the resistance of the atomizer you get more power (meaning more vapor).

With a regular atomizer (higher resistance) you get less power (vapor) from a battery until you raise the voltage, such as a USB passthrough.

So a battery with a low resistance atomizer should produce equivalent vapor as a usb passthrough with a standard atomizer.

auTONYmous

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan
@grndzero : That's about what I experienced, although initially my LR atty was putting out better TH than my passthrough. It seems to have broken in and leveled off. Vapor is still great, flavor is outstanding, I think my 902 passthrough vapes "colder" than the LR atty.

I'm loving dripping on the Sidesho LR atty. Since it broke in, the flavor is awesome on that thing!

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
After testing a second one, I saw no flavor degradation like I thought I did with the first. Add to that a little more vapor and its hard to go wrong. I do agree that after several days the vapor levels off. Still great though. Very true about amazing flavor while dripping on a Sidesho though. I just wish everything tasted like that even without dripping. :)

scheherezade

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
VA Beach
Hi Tony,
Maybe I missed it, but do you have an eta on the LR attys? I love my sidesho and 902 and am getting ready to put in another order. I'm thinking of ordering a couple of the lr attys if they're going to be up soon. You know, new toys are always good :) By the way, I started with the sidesho, and thanks to the great expeience, I've been off the analogs for 3 months now and my asthma med for about 2 1/2. So yeah, I'd say you're products as well as all the help you gave me on a couple of phone calls have literally saved my life. I was a smoker for 30 years. So in addition to the question, I want to give you a big thanks. You aren't just selling a product like so many people these days, you're making a huge difference in peoples lives!

greenie

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Pacific Northwest
I was a bit confused with this at first too. If you use a battery and lower the resistance of the atomizer you get more power (meaning more vapor).

With a regular atomizer (higher resistance) you get less power (vapor) from a battery until you raise the voltage, such as a USB passthrough.

So a battery with a low resistance atomizer should produce equivalent vapor as a usb passthrough with a standard atomizer.

Nice explanation there grndzero

So, it seems a LR atty will reduce the life of my regular batteries considerably. I think this is what I have come to understand after ordering a LR atty for my 5vt passthrough. I should have ordered a HR atty?

Now my choice is either to burn out my lr atty faster on my 5vt passthrough or lessen the lifespan of my regular batteries? Am I correct?

Unfortunately, I think I am.:facepalm:

What batteries, by name, are people using with your LR atties? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread