Review of 7 Liberty-Flights e-liquids: Kiwi, Blueberry, RY1, Hotel, USA Mix, Menthol, Cola

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffTM

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Chatsworth, CA
All e-liquids are 100% PG. Throat hit likely varies depending on strength. I like a good throat hit, so I'm judging pretty harshly. I also like strong flavors and plumes of vapor. Now that you know what my personal style is, let's get on with the reviews.

Blueberry 14mg: Tastes, oddly enough, like blueberry. Not really the berry, but more like a blueberry candy or gum, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Something I'd probably be happy vaping all day. The flavor is a bit weak, though. I'm using a 3.7v device and it still isn't very strong. Probably wouldn't stand up to a higher voltage PV. Weak throat hit (although this will likely vary depending on mg strength.)

Throat Hit: 5/10
Flavor: 7/10
Flavor Strength: 4/10
Vapor Production: 7/10

RY1 14mg: Slightly sweet, caramel taste. Still very subtle. Decent throat hit and good vapor production. Slight hint of a tobacco flavor. May sound odd, but I can't help but think it smells a bit like a dog... even more odd is that I don't really mind it. Perhaps they should make a dog e-juice.

Throat Hit: 6/10
Flavor Strength: 5/10
Vapor Production: 8/10

Kiwi 18mg: Definitely a subtle, yet enjoyable vape. Could easily vape all day. Like the blueberry flavor, it tastes more like a kiwi candy than an actually kiwi, which is to be expected considering it probably has some of the same artificial flavors as a kiwi candy. Almost has a hint of green apple-ish watermelon-ish taste. Not a great throat hit.

Throat Hit: 4/10
Flavor Strength: 6/10

Menthol 18mg: Niiiiice. Very smooth, clean, sinus-opening menthol flavor. Definitely something that can be vaped for long periods of time. Not too overpowering. Tried some other menthol flavors before and wasn't really a fan, but I like this one. Tastes like a stick of mint gum. If only it whitened teeth.

Flavor: 8/10
Flavor Strength: 8/10

Cola 18mg: Meh. Not too keen on this one. Tastes like those value diet colas you can buy three liters of for a buck. There's a slight hint of cherry. I don't mind it, but wouldn't choose it as an all-day vape. Very good vapor production, however.

Flavor: 5/10
Flavor Strength: 4/10

USA Mix 14mg: I don't even know what to say about this. First off, I'm a HUGE fan of a nice, robust tobacco flavor. THIS is not that. It tastes like a hint of tobacco with some weird fruity flavor mixed in. I'm not sure what fruit... maybe a mix. It's a shame because the throat hit and vapor production are pretty good.

Throat Hit: 7/10
Flavor: 3/10
Flavor Strength: 5/10

Hotel 14mg: Not much different than the USA Mix. In fact, it's just about identical with a tad more sweetness. A small amount of tobacco taste with a strange fruitiness that I just don't enjoy. Nothing special.

Throat Hit: 7/10
Flavor: 4/10
Flavor Strength 6/10
Vapor Production: 6/10

There you have it. My reviews. I believe that Liberty-Flights uses Dekang liquids. Correct me if I'm wrong. If that is the case, i'll likely be staying away from Dekang and other Chinese liquids for a while. Just ordered some RY4 and 555 from Backwoods Brew. Hopefully that will be a more pleasant experience. All in all, my favorite was Menthol with Blueberry and Kiwi also being good choices for me.

Let me know if you guys/gals have had any experiences with these flavors. Curious to know what you think. Anyway, I'm all vaped out for the night. Have fun and happy vaping!

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
My understanding is LF does not use the original DeKang company for their eliquid. Judging throat hit is problematic for any eliquid under 18mg, IMO. And since a large part of the throat hit equation is using a better battery device such as a good 5 volt or variable volt PV, I think that throws another curve into the throat hit analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread