Review of a few Online Companies and Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annieinidaho

Mar 28, 2011
Idaho, USA
Hi Guys,

So, I've been off of the analogs completely for 24 hours now, yay! I've been trying to quit for so long I can't believe that vaping has been the key to getting off the analogs!!

I've now been buying stuff from various online companies for over a month so far and I just want to give my personal...personal, mind you...opinion of good customer service and bad customer service. I don't mean to trash anyone and I've thought hard about whether I should say anything, but I think a company's service is as important as a product. The way they come off to customers is important. All that being said, here goes...

First off let me say that a noob could do no better than to deal with the folks at Electronicstix.com! I've placed 4 or 5 orders for various things with them and the quality of their products has been awesome and they have been super helpful in response to my questions. And as far as customer service goes, when I had a question about an item I ordered they fixed the issue pronto. Very nice, awesome peeps.

At this point, let me say once again that this is all my personal opinion regarding first impressions of customer service for the purpose of helping new vapors decide where to purchase things...my opinion...I'm not a mean, nasty troll...

Another great customer service experience was with Freedomsmokeusa.com in Tucson, AZ. They accidently sent me the wrong part. When this was brought to their attention, they quickly sent off the correct part...they did not wait to have me return the wrong part. They just asked me to pop it in the post, which I promptly did and all was well.
Can't get better than that as far as a customer service experience...we're all human, we all make occasional errors....they are a great company...in my opinion.

Last week I ordered two pass-throughs from madvapes.com in addition to some other things.... Their service was prompt. They shipped the order the next day and I received the items on Monday. Sadly, one of the pass-throughs is defective :( It just stays on all the time so I quickly opened a ticket to see if there was a 'trick' to maybe fix it or have it replaced. Well, 24 hours later I received an email that to me looks like an automated response...no personal touch. The email gives an rma number and says to ship it back and they will decide if they will replace it or repair it. Well, I live in Idaho and the company is in North Carolina, I believe. So round trip and repair/replace time could end up being a couple weeks. I"m sorry, I think this is bad customer service. I received a defective item and I don't think it is right to make the customer wait like that. Especially since they took my money already, heh....

Here is the email they sent...not very personal (and yes, I understand companies can be short staffed but come on...):

A customer support staff member has replied to your support request, #ticket redacted# with the following response:

-name redacted-,

Thank you for being a valued MadVapes customer.

To have a defective item(s) repaired or exchanged, please send the item(s) to:

MadVapes LLC
18631 Northline Dr STE A
Cornelius, NC 28031

Upon receipt and processing of your item(s) we will repair/replace the item(s) and return them to you as soon as possible to the address on the original order unless an alternate address is provided.

Please note that some items may not be eligible for exchange or repair due to misuse, damage or failures caused other than by manufacturer defects or premature product failure. We will notify you if this is the case and we can work together to resolve the issue.

Please reference RMA #: #redacted# on the outside of your package to ensure the quickest handling.

Thank You,

MadVapes LLC

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please do not send another email. Instead, login to your account for a complete archive of all your support requests and responses.
You can decide for yourselves what you think....I for one like to be treated a little better...

I will say one more time that the reason I am writing this is because as a noob myself, I look for all of the input from other users that I can get. I like to know that when I spend money, I'll be treated well and as I say...in my personal experience you cannot go wrong with Electronicstix.com or Freedomsmokesusa.com. Even if the 'human' error happens, they will treat you well!

Annie

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I've dealt with a bunch of companies in the past few months. I just gotta say -- the ECF suppliers overall are so so so much better than tons of on line ordering I've done with other ventures.

Most, if not all, let you know when something is out of stock---most have it incorporated in their site ordering process & it is kept up to date. That sure isn't the case everywhere & not with all E-cig companies, for sure.

And yes, I may like one more than another----but have no real complaints.

Annieinidaho

Mar 28, 2011
Idaho, USA
Thanks for the responses, gang.... :) Once again, for anyone looking for great customer service, Jason and Rob (the two peeps I have dealt with) at electronicstix.com are just great. I have a feeling they are gonna be my long term suppliers, lol...and besides, they are right down the road from me in Utah (I live in Southern Idaho) so if I need to go shop in person they are only an hour and a half or so away....lol...

Annie

Cat_in_the_Playground

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I have been vaping for about a month and the people at myvaporstore have been excellent to deal with. Very helpful and very good prices along with prompt shipping.

+1 for MVS. Another excellent vendor is GoodProphets. Sometimes even better prices than MVS. Both have quick answers to questions.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Except for Electronicstix I've dealt with those companies many times. Great CS and service all the way around. I understand your frustration in receiving what seems to be a defective product but it happens and will happen to us all sooner or later. Really the only way they can do anything about it is have you return the product, unless you think they should come pick it up. I'm sure they will take care of it promptly once received. I've received responses from them outside of business hours at times. They do a lot of business though so I'm sure they can get backed up at times. 24 hr response time isn't bad and would be considered great for most places outside of the vaping community.

Annieinidaho

Mar 28, 2011
Idaho, USA
#

Except for Electronicstix I've dealt with those companies many times. Great CS and service all the way around. I understand your frustration in receiving what seems to be a defective product but it happens and will happen to us all sooner or later. Really the only way they can do anything about it is have you return the product, unless you think they should come pick it up. I'm sure they will take care of it promptly once received. I've received responses from them outside of business hours at times. They do a lot of business though so I'm sure they can get backed up at times. 24 hr response time isn't bad and would be considered great for most places outside of the vaping community.

I just think that good customer service would have them send me a replacement rather than me waiting...that's what Freedomsmokeusa. did....considering it's MadVapes fault, not mine... :) Now I have to wait probably 2 weeks at least for the product I purchased...I just don't think that is the way to treat customers...just my opinion....As I mentioned before, I'm not out to trash anyone's lively hood....to give props where they are due, I absolutely love Mad Vapes, caramel tobacco flavor...and the price was awesome!!

Annie

CBB

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Pennsylvania
You are entitled to your opinion and you may have had a bad experience, and your opinion is very valued here of all vendor experiences. A good company gone bad is noticed one story at a time. But you also have to consider Madvapes handles a lot of DIY electronics which can easily be damaged by users and need to be inspected to determine the cause of the failure, its not at all unusual for them to want to inspect parts before replacement to prevent loss of income due to user's misuse. You would feel the same way if your products were repeatedly returned because they were being damaged by misuse and claimed that they were malfunctioning.

DeaRae

Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
I think reviews are very important and that it's good that we all share our stories and opinions. It was a positive that Annie posted the email from MadVapes and said that we could all make our own decision. Working with larger/busier companies, I think the response may naturally be less personal, especially when using a ticket system. They're set up to be a automated as possible. As for having to send a product back before a new one goes out, like it or not, it's just business. I think the companies that will go the extra mile to replace something ASAP are going to get better reviews and more repeat biz though.

Also want to chime in on a great company myself. I'm a new vaper, did tons of research before I finally placed my order last Friday and decided to order from Cignot. Through my research I have seen nothing but fantastic customer service reviews about Vicki and Cignot and can tell you that I was not disappointed.

I placed my order about 4pm, received a confirmation right away and within an hour received a shipping confirmation with tracking number. Talk about service! I emailed her to thank her and she sent a reply, again, very promptly. My package arrived Monday! WooHooo and I was finally vaping. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread