Review of Brass Screen Cart Mod- Saved my Riva!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylecoberly

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2010
Castle Rock, CO
www.facesofradio.com
So, I was initially thrilled with my Riva, and then heartbroken because I couldn't make it 10 minutes without burning the fill in a cart. So, I started looking into cart mods. The brass screen idea immediately appealed to me because there was no filler to burn, and it wasn't as "involved" as dripping is.

For those who don't know, here's the basic gist: You do a bit of origami with the little brass discs they use for pipe tobacco. These are stupid cheap- mine cost a dollar for 10 of them. You can get them at any smoke shop. You rip out the filler in the cart, and jam this in instead. Drop some (and by some I mean a TON- I got 20 drops in before I had to dab) liquid on it, and vape away. How does a porous screen keep the liquid in? Why doesn't the atomizer flood/spill juice all over you? Black effin' magic, that's how (also, capillary action and viscosity).

Forum member Stric9 came up with the mod, which was easy, but I had a hard time getting the brass to make contact with the bridge. So, I've been using Rho's version(instructions on youtube), which was even easier (8 minutes to watch the video, 2 minutes to give it a shot), and I've been vaping constantly for 5 hours without a refill.

Benefits to the mod:
-No burning polyfill!
-You can fill pretty much the entire reservoir of your cart with the liquid- no leaks, no floods!
-Big life-extension on the carts. I was going through one a day before, but you could feasibly get a month or more out of a cart modded this way. It rinses out easily enough. It'll get unhygenic long before it gets unpleasurable.
-Super clean taste- all the flavor, none of the fill!
-So cheap it's silly not to try it. It cost a dollar and a lazy ten minutes to give it a shot.
-Run the atomizer more often without super heat build-up. I was a chain-smoker, so waiting 20 seconds in between pulls wasn't doing it for me with the standard carts in the Riva. The brass dissipates the heat very nicely.
-Stupid amounts of vapor.

I'll try to post a "one-week later" update, but given how easy this mod is, you should really give it a shot.

Jason_in_nc

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
It's a secret!
Thanks so much for posting this! I had overlooked it in the modder's forum. Been trying it for a couple days now and I love it!

I stopped using carto's because I took the batting out of a few I had used and they were all burnt. Dripping didn't last very long. The brass screen cart filler is the best of both worlds. No batting, yet longer vape life.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread