Review of ejuice from TastyVapor, and Madvapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shantia

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
Hi everyone, i ordered several juices from madvapes and 3 from tastyvapor and here are my impressions of the flavors only.

madvapes:

Waffle- for me, this one tastes like strawberry and vanilla. I really did not get any kind of waffle or even maple flavor from it. 6/10.

Top Banana- This one is very good, gives a rich banana flavor. It's quickly becoming my all day vape which surprises me since i'm not a huge banana fan. It does have a mild acrid after flavor, unsweet ice tea to rinse out my mouth after a few vapes. 8/10.

Pineapple upside down cake- This one tastes like pineapple and vanilla to me, i get no rich cake flavor from it, and it has an under flavor which i cant even begin to describe but upsets my stomach. Not sure if its just simply to sweet/rich or what but due to that i'm only giving this one a 4/10.

Hawaiian Delight- Strong flavor's of pineapple and cocconut with maybe a hint of banana. I was expecting something more along the lines of mango and pineapple :(. It is also on the strong sweet side. 6/10.

Black Licorice- Extremely mild flavor. I find i have to exhale the vapor through my nose to strengthen the taste, no icky after taste at all. A good all day vape due to the mildness. 9/10.

Root Beer- Tastes exactly like root beer! Dripped this one onto a de-bridged atty that wasn't even clean and the flavor still came through. I was hesitant trying this one since i'm not a fan of root beer and it was supposed to be for my husband, but just like the top banana it might change my mind :). 8/10.

Tasty Vapor:

Tasty finger sweetend- Tastes very much like a butter finger, its good in a cartridge, or dripped. In a cartomizer i find it takes on a much 'wetter' feel and becomes much sweeter. 10/10. 8/10 on a cartomizer.

Cafe Macchiato unsweetend- Tastes like extremely strong BLACK coffee. For my taste buds its not a good vape, i wish i had gotten it with sweetener that might have taken some of the harshness away. 5/10.

Custom flavor Double Chocolate Peppermint sweetened- AMAZING! I had put in the notes when i ordered it that i wanted it to taste like a york peppermint patty and it comes extremely close. If it had a touch more peppermint i belive it would have been spot on. Its a definate all day vape, rich chocolate flavor with minty after flavors. Not overly sweet at all works well with cartridges, dripping or even a cartomizer. 10/10.

All of these were vaped with either the joye 510 or the tornado.
Hope this review is helpful to anyone planning ordering from either of these vendors. Happy vaping.

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
More on MadVapes (specifically, TopVapor USA flavors @ 18mg).

On a 901 via standard passthrough.

I too got Waffle, but to me (of course this is all very subjective, which is why I share to begin with), it tastes very buttery and not much else. I'll probably only ever use this if I've run out of everything and have a serious itching for an analog. This is the first flavor I've bought (including about 8 different dekangs and the Johnson Creek Red Oak samples) that I just don't like at all. If you like buttery though, I guess this would be your waffle!

Coffee: I do enjoy this flavor quite a bit, but it tastes sort of like a caramel mocha, not a straight coffee or coffee and cream taste. Not as much flavor overall as the others. This is darkest color I received, a mid-tone brown which may have something to do with the reduced flavor, or maybe it's just the general lack of sweetness in comparison?

Key Lime Freeze: Interesting. It's got a distinctive Lime flavor I like, but there's just something a little "soapy" about it. Maybe I'm just mentally suspicious though given the number of similarly 'flavored' cleaning products out there :p I do use it to zest up some other flavors (a little - like no more than 1/5th), but don't think I'll very use much of it as is.

Very Berry: Pretty good. Definitely a sweet berry flavor (with an almost flowery smell - how I like berries to smell)! There's a tinge of a diet sweetener flavor similar to the after taste I get from Diet Pepsi (which I don't like) but it's not too strong for me to not use it as is.

Melon Explosion. Absolutely MELON. The most prevalent flavor to me is honeydew melon, the next most prominent being watermelon. Pretty strong flavor and I really enjoy this one.

I enjoy the mix of very berry and melon explosion with just a little lime (and/or some JC Red Oak Valencia, in a similarly small amount). I've been trading off between this mix and the coffee for the past few days.

For all of their flavors, I don't get very much TH at all, but a TON of vapor (I may post an update on the TH - I'm expecting some 2ohm 510 carts today, but I have a kit to build first :2cool:). More vapor even than the JC Red Oak line even (which is straight VG).

Enjoy!

Shantia

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
Update on some flavors after a week or so of steeping..

Double chocolate peppermint sweetend- Much to my dismay the dark chocolate flavor is rapidly overwhelming the peppermint, and seems to be loosing some of that sweet hit on the tongue. My husband still loves this flavor because he is a dark chocolate fanatic, but after about 3 days his atty starts taking on a burnt chocolate flavor. This is the only flavor he vapes currently, so i have to clean out his atty for him often..

Cafe Macchiato unsweetend- Still extremely strong black coffee, not getting any other flavors at all from it. I ordered a 15ml bottle of tasty vapors sweetener and it came today which i added to the bottle..tested it out and it didnt help :( Definately think i'm going to have to cut this one with PG or VG to weaken the flavor drastically.

Tasty finger- still just as tasty fingery as it was the first day, taking on a richer flavor tho, less sweet hit. It is also a good mixer agent ..I tried to salvage the Cafe Macchiato by mixing 1/3 tasty finger, 1/3 waffle from madvapes, and topped off the rest of the 5ml bottle with the coffee. Definately helped the Cafe Macchiato flavor, its very much like drinking coffee with syrup free waffles. Due to is flavor only getting better as it ages and versatility i'm gonna go ahead and give this one a 10/10 :)

The madvapes collection i have/had either got thrown in a 'maybe some day box', or tossed out. The only ones i kept in my kitty safe storage box is the banana and rootbeer.

ADDITIONAL REVIEW:

Got an order of Geoff's blend from Tasty vapor today...

Geoff's blend sweetended- my initial reaction was UGH. The sweet hit on my tongue was extreme. So far all i taste is cinnamon only but when smelling the liquid its self i definitely get a hint of banana and possibly brandy. Theres also another scent i cant make out cause the second after sniffing it the cinnamon overwhelms and my brain forgets anything else. the second drag was much better, still extremely sweet but from my experience with tasty vapors other sweetened blends the sweetener fades over time. First day vape tastes exactly like hot tamales, occationally i get a hint of banana on the exhale but not often. Its pretty hard on my tongue but its quickly growing on me. I ordered an unsweetened doubler for this so i can cut it from 24mg to a weaker nic strength and hopefully cut down the extreme sweet. Definitely keep a glass of ice water around for this one! 7/10

mergryphon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Cafe Macchiato unsweetend- Tastes like extremely strong BLACK coffee. For my taste buds its not a good vape, i wish i had gotten it with sweetener that might have taken some of the harshness away. 5/10.

Just as a note, I love coffee, with gobs of cream and sugar, and sweet sweet desert vapes. This is pretty darned good sweetened. :) It and BWB Caramel Cappuccino are my favorite coffee vapes.

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
What a difference steeping makes!

The coffee is long gone - no suprise there. FWIW, MadVapes is offering a special coffee pack this week (5 flavors, 10ml @ 24mg for $15) that I just ordered. I think I have enough juice finally to let that order steep a bit before I try it.

Anyway - just wanted to comment on some changes to the flavors as a result [of steeping]:

The Key Lime Freeze lost it's "soapy"-ness. It's now one of my favorites. It's what I would imagine the filling of a lemon meringue pie but with lime, would be like. Not sour, but a very pleasant lime.

The waffle is still buttery, but a nice maple-like sweetness has emerged and almost taken that over, making it something I'll actually vape by itself now. Mixes very nicely with cinnamon flavors, such as Ms T.s Snickerdoodle.

The Very Berry lost that diet sweetener taste, but is still flowery and sweet. This one I like more than the Melon Explosion at this point, which has gotten even MORE melon-like. A bit like a over-ripe warmed-up honey dew melon, and I don't like it quite as much as a result :(.

I've also since purchased a few other flavors:

Hawaiian Delight - somewhat like [the obvious?] piña colada; but not quite. I really like it, and wish I could find the words to describe it. I was very happy to have found this flavor though: it has become my (much less expensive) substitute for what I would otherwise be restocking right now: Johnson Creek's [Red Oak] "Island".

Root Beer - this was the flavor I decided to use on a 1.7ohm 510 carto. The flavor held up really well on the LR. It is absolutely root beer. Some say like the barrels, but I think it's more like a soda, including the fizz somehow. Maybe that, and the increased TH are just the LR carto though. My first couple hits of this on the new carto almost choked me it was so strong.

Top Banana - one of my new favorites. I knew I'd like banana, and this one is outstanding to me. It's definitely a candy-banana, exactly like Runts.

Grandpa's Mix - pine trees, and a face full of rich dark dirt. I like the pine aspect of it for something rather different, and luckily the dirt flavor seems to be going away a good bit as it sits. But, a very strange flavor indeed; Don't get a big bottle on your first order if you try it, and absolutely let it sit at least a week.

wefishallday

Mar 16, 2011
California
My flavors from Tasty Vapor have steeped!

Oh but I couldn't take it -- those three flavors "waiting" to be had by me! Watermelon, Ultimate Vanilla and Cinnamon Apple.
So I had to cheat -- taste early. Mistake. Also purposefully ordered "without" sweetener so I could determine my own preferred level of sweetness, but did order the Sucralose in bottles from TV.

Now that I've sweetened the Watermelon -- Its GREAT! Still has a strong flavor, but added just 1 drop of Stevia glycerite (using the larger glass dropper that comes with the 60ml glass bottle of Stevia Glycerite I got elsewhere) to 6ml of the mixed final 18mg/ml Watermelon, and it's PURRfect! Even leaves a hint of flavor around my desk, not much -- just plesant in the air. Good job on this one Geoffrey.

The Apple Cinnemon is good as well. Again, for me -- NOT without sweetener. But after steeping for about a week and after adding many drops of Sucralose -- it's very nice. Also strong flavor.

The Ultimate Vanilla surprisingly is just not my favorite. Definitely can't enjoy it unsweetened, so am experimenting with small batches and different sweeteners. I think I'm going to like this one when mixed with other flavors the best. It has a great aroma -- just not my favorite to vape by itself. Perhaps I'll give this one some more time.

Very pleased I ordered these. As Geoffrey says on his site -- l e t t h e m s t e e p! Be sure to have either his sucralose or another sweetener on hand if you order unsweetened and like sweeter tastes. This, however, does give you lots of flexibility to make the batches as sweet as you want or to mix them in with other flavors that may already be sweet on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread