Review of the pre-order Finic Fish pod system by Voopoo. A review by Charlie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Before I give my thoughts I want to state that I was sent this device for the purposes of this review but that it will in no way effect my judgement or honesty regarding my product testing.

The Finic Fish is a very compact and tiny device which easily sits hidden in a clenched fist. The pack comes with the following items inside....
20190328_104824-jpg.807391

I Finic Fish Device.
I Finic Fish Pod.
1 User Manual
1 USB Cable
1 Warranty Card.

They can be found in a number of different designs but my favourite is the one that I got which is called Quama. Here is a screenshot from the Voopoo website showing the other design options...

The Finic Fish is exremely light and with a full pod of e-liquid it ways only 29 grams.

colours-jpg.807393

The Finic Fish is very easy to use. It is just a simple matter of unwrapping the pod and then filling from it side mounted filling port. A little silicone bung just pulls up and then you can fill it. To be honest I had a little bit of trouble removing the bung (my fingers are big) and had even more trouble filling with a 30ml chubby Gorilla bottle. Although the applicator was thin enough to go in the port it effectively sealed it so filling was virtually impossible without making a mess every where. I would like to see another filling port just adjacent and then filling would be a breeze.

Having sais that though, like a lot of other pods filling with a syringe or needle point filling bottle was easy and filling can be accomplished without mess or wastage.

After filling it is just a simple matter of inserting the pod into the device which is held in with magnets. The magnets are just the right strength so it holds the pod firmly but at the same time is very easy to remove.

This is a draw activated device which Voopoo do very well. With both the Finic Fish, and a previous Voopoo pod I have had, had absolutely no problems with leaking through to the contacts in either case. This is a huge plus as this has been a problem with many other competitor systems.

20190328_104942-jpg.807399

20190328_105148-jpg.807401

The draw is just right in my opinion it is a fairly restricted direct lung through to a loose MTL so it is a useful pod for the new vaper and anyone who has just given up smoking. A pod will last me over a day but with constant use I think you would need to refill each day. I've had absolutely zero problems with the coil which has worked flawlessly since the initial break in period. I would recommend that you fill then let the pod sit and rest for at least 15 minutes before taking your first draw and longer than that certainly wouldn't hurt. I always take quite short draws to start with until the flavour starts to get more saturated.

The device contains a 340 mah battery which charges in under an hour which is a big plus also. It can also be charged on the go via a car USB connection. Any mobile phone charger with a micro USB connector will work for charging. This is the quickest method but I have also had really good results using my computers USB.

20190328_105320-jpg.807403

20190329_102616-jpg.807405

So what is the flavour like? Well as I have experienced with other Voopoo pods the flavour is surprisingly good for the size of coil which is a 1.5 ohm set up and I have been very impressed with the Finic Fish which continues this good flavour experience.

The Finic Fish is very affordable and can be purchased on Fasttech, for example for the following.

Finic Fish Kit is 17.21 € and 20.25 $ and a box of 4 replacement pods is 9.29 € and 10.93 €

As you can see here it is a very affordable device and would save the 1 pack a day smoker a fortune when changing to vaping.

20190328_105217-jpg.807409

20190328_105707-jpg.807407

So what are my thoughts and conclusions??

The Finic Fish by Voopoo is a very well built device which will be an excellent choice for the new vaper wishing to give up and the experienced vaper wishing to have a stealthy device to use when out and about when situations call for it. I personally like my pods with a high nic salt content and use it both as a stealth device and just as a nicotine booster throughout the day.

The longevity of the coils seems to be very good. I have had no problems in the week and a half I have been testing the device and see no reason to assume that the pod longevity wont be any lesser time than my last reviewed Voopoo pod. Even if they pods need changing every couple of weeks you are still looking at a very reasonable cost.

The price is very good and reachable for most people and I predict that this pod may well become a favourite in the draw activated class. It holds 1.7ml of e-liquid which is sufficient, as already stated for most of the day but obviously this depends on how much you draw on it.

The battery last a good while and it is a welcome trade off between size and capacity.

Finally I would give the Finic Fish a resounding, positive plus and would definitely be able to recommend it to you guys and the wider community at large.

As always thank you for reading and a big thank you to @Thea at Voopoo for sending me the Finic Fish for review. I hope this has helped and i'll see you next time. Have a great day/evening :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread