[Review] Plexar Kit by Innokin - A 20700 Stick Kit That Supports 21700?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOneVape_Review

Jan 21, 2019
Malaysia

Plexar Kit by innokin

Hi everyone! TheOneVape_Review is back once again with a stick kit review - The Plexar Kit by innokin. Just a little bit of myself; I have never bought or used a stick kit before because of how I judged the way it looks. Therefore, in this review, I am going to share with you my first-hand experience with it and my final thoughts.

INTRODUCTION
The Plexar Stick is a semi-regulated, non-adjustable stick kit that draws voltage out of your battery directly. Basically speaking, it acts like a mechanical mod but with several protections inside in. It supports a single 18650 / 20700 as advertised, and is lucky enough to fit several types of 21700 battery in it. The maximum output for the Plexar is 100 watts. The Plex Tank has a slide-to-refill top cap system and is able to hold 4 ml e-liquid capacity. It came pre-installed with a Scion Plex3D mesh coil which is rated at 0.14 Ω.

How well did my first experience with a stick kit go? Let me talk more about it, show some pictures that I took and give you my final thoughts.

SPECIFICATIONS & FEATURES
PLEXAR

Height ( With Plex Tank ): 149 mm

Diameter ( Battery Cap ): 25.6 mm

Diameter ( Actual ): 24 mm

Single 18650 / 20700 Compatible

Maximum 100 Watts Output

Ultra-Fast Firing

One Button Design

Triple Color LED Battery Capacity

Micro-USB 1.5 Amps Charge

PLEX TANK

Height: 52.4 mm

Diameter: 24 mm

Proprietary 810 Drip Tip

Push Top Fill System

4 ml E-Liquid Capacity ( Standard ) / 2 ml ( TPD Edition )

0.14 Ω Scion Plex3D Mesh Coil ( Kanthal )

Plex3D Next Generation Mesh Coil Technology With 'Micro-Grooves'

Eco-Friendly Wood Pulp Wicking

SAFETY FEATURES
Overheating Protection

Charging Protection

Short Circuit Protection

Over-Discharge Protection

COLOR OPTIONS
White

Grey

Army Green

Black

Color Options / Picture Credits: Innokin

PACKAGING CONTENT
1 x Plexar Stick

1 x Plex Tank

1 x Spare Bubble Glass

1 x Spare 0.14 Ω Scion Plex3D Mesh Coil

1 x 18650 Adapter

1 x Micro USB Cable

1 x Spare Pack

1 x Battery Care Guide

1 x Warning + Safety Booklet

1 x Warranty Card

1 x User Manual

Plexar Kit's Packaging

Packaging Content

PLEXAR KIT COMPONENTS
PLEXAR

510 Connector

Fire Button / LED Battery Indicator

Micro-USB

Battery Cap

PLEX TANK

810 Wide Bore Tip

Push Top Filling Cap

4 ml Bubble Glass

0.14 Ω Scion Plex3D Mesh Coil

Base / 2 Slot Airflow Control

Detachable 510 Connector

Overall Looks of Plexar Kit

OVERALL LOOKS & FEELS OF THE PLEXAR KIT
PLEXAR

The Plexar is a pen-style device which I would normally call it a 'stick'. It has a thick silver 510 which measures at approximately 24mm. The fire button is located at the top side of the Plexar with an 'I' engraved on it. Innokin advertised the fire button as a comfortable, high-quality firing button. On the opposite side of the fire button, is placed with a micro-USB that provides you with 1.5A charging if you don't have an external charger to charge your battery. Although it has 1.5A charging speed, I strongly recommend you to invest on an external charger instead. It does not supports firmware update as this is a semi-regulated stick, and not a fully regulated mod. Right below the fire button has the 'PLEXAR' branding on it. There are some line designs all around the mod to make it look more aesthetically pleasing instead of looking plain and boring. The screw-on battery cap is located on the bottom of the mod with 6 venting holes. The Plexar is able to support a single 18650 / 20700. Although this was advertised to fit a maximum of 20700, but the stick is wide enough to fit a few different types of 21700, such as the Samsung 30t and 40t. I wasn't able to fit my Golisi 21700 inside.

The Plexar feels super light in the hands without the tank and battery but has some weight to it when installed. It felt really ergonomics when holding it and is able to fit in your pocket without taking up a lot of space. The fire button did not rattle and is very clicky. The threading on the battery cap is very smooth when screwing onto the Plexar, without battery. It is not as smooth when battery is installed. The LED light indicators around the fire button are bright enough under decent light condition. For outdoor usage, the lights are quite dim, especially the green and blue indicators.

PLEX TANK & SCION PLEX3D COIL

The Plex Tank color may vary depending on the color you are getting for the kit. I received the kit in grey, thus having a grey Plex Tank. It has a proprietary 810 wide bore drip tip and is not compatible with any 810 drip tips. The drip tip has some honeycomb design on it. In Innokin’s website, it stated that the drip tip is replaceable for even more customization, but I fitted several 810 drip tips and they all fitted loosely on it. The Plex Tank is a top-fill design with its push-to-fill system and its fill port is large enough to fit both bottle drippers and glass drippers. As it has only 1 fill port, I did not experience any juice making its way back up. There is a grey marking on the sliding cap to indicate which side the fill port is at. I have trouble finding the marking because both of them are in grey but just in different shades. I would prefer if they had made the marking in white instead. The bubble glass looks good on the tank but hold only 4ml capacity. The base has an adjustable airflow and a removable 510 connector. One side of the airflow is longer than the other side due to the protruding stopper on the longer end of it. In the end, both sides are having the same amount of air entering it. The 510 connector is removable so be careful not to lose it. Don’t get me wrong, the connector didn’t loosen up on me, but just something I find worth mentioning. The Scion Plex3D Coil is a huge mesh coil made out of kanthal, with a resistance of 0.14Ω and is best between 60 – 100 watts. The coil uses advanced Plex3D Coil technology with ‘micro-grooves’ and in return, it uses less power for more puffs per charge. The cotton is made with eco-friendly wood pulp which helps to wick faster.

The 810 wide bore drip tip is comfortable in the mouth and has a good amount of restriction to remove and place it back on the tank. The restriction of the sliding top cap isn’t the tightest nor the loosest. It is tight enough that it does not open up in my bag or pockets. Whenever I am filling up the tank with my e-liquid bottle, the sliding cap and the drip tip is blocking its way so I have to readjust to fill. But I have no problems with glass drippers. The restriction of the airflow control is perfect as well. It doesn’t screw off the Plexar while opening the airflow.

Slide-To-Fill Method

Screw On Battery Cap With Venting Holes

Adjustable Airflow With Stopper

Scion Plex3D Mesh Coil

PLEXAR NAVIGATION
There is really nothing much to navigate on the Plexar as it is a single button operation.

LED battery light indications:

• Green ( Full )

• Blue ( Half )

• Red ( Low )

Click the fire button 3 times:

• On ( It will flash 3 times in order – Red, Blue, Green )

• Off ( It will flash 2 times according to the color of your battery capacity )

Every time when you hit the fire button, it will flash the color according to your battery capacity.

Battery Light Indicator

PERFORMANCE
PLEXAR

The ramp up time is rapid. It maximum output wattage of the stick is at 100 watts so I would assume that I get the full 100 watts from a fresh battery. But it didn’t feels like I was vaping at 100 watts and instead, it felt like I was vaping it at a lower wattage. I have no equipment to test the Plexar so I wouldn’t dare to boldly claim that it was giving me a lower output wattage. I have tried using my Zeus X in dual mode on top of it and it vapes quite weak as well. The 20700 battery lasted longer than I expected; 3 full days before I have to swap the battery out. Battery life may vary depending on your vaping style.

PLEX TANK & SCION PLEX3D COIL

The tank provides a very smooth and airy vape. It shows no signs of whistling or turbulence when fully opened but once I close it down to 1/3, 1/2, 3/4, the whistling is noticeable. I have had no leaking issues with the tank since day 1, just some condensation at the base. Vapor production is not the biggest but quite decent.

I juice the tank up and let it sit for 5 minutes before vaping it to let the coil get fully saturated with e-liquid. The coil wicks like a charm and also loves to drink up the e-liquid quickly. By the third quarter of the day, my tank is completely empty. For those who loves to chain vape, be sure to bring your bottle along with you as you will need to refill at least twice or thrice a day. Talking about chain vaping, it didn’t give me any dry hits at all. The Scion coil is so huge but there is zero spit back. I realized whenever I leave my e-liquid overnight and when I take my first hit in the morning, there is a very strong metallic taste and it takes a few puffs to get rid of that taste. It will remain the same until the next morning, the metallic taste is back. I start to lose a bit of flavor on my 6-7th refill and I started to taste a little bit of burnt taste. I will change my coil on every 10th refill. This is just me, and your experience might differ from mine. Flavor produced is actually pretty good but I was quite disappoint by the vapor production. I know I am not a cloud chaser but I was expecting it to produce larger clouds.

FINAL THOUGHTS
This was my first experience with a stick kit and I didn’t expect myself to be so amused by it. I don’t have to keep adjusting the wattage unlike on a regulated mod, just put in a fresh battery and I am good to go. I just didn’t like the fact that it does not hit as hard as expected. I like how the Plexar is able to fit my Samsung 40t and how comfortable it is to hold in the hands. I also like how it is able to fit most of my RTAs, but is quite a turn off that it hits quite weak on it.

The flavor on the Plex Tank, to me, isn’t something to be wow-ed about, but it gives out quite good flavor. Same goes for the vapor production, just decent amount. The slide-to-fill method is really very convenient as I don't have to do it the traditional way. The airflow is too airy for my liking as I like to have more restriction. Yes, I can close down the airflow to get a tighter draw, but it will start to whistle. Innokin stated on their website that it's best to just use the 0.14Ω Scion Plex3D Mesh Coil maybe because of safety reason or whatsoever. I received 2 packs of Scion Plex3D Mesh Coil from Innokin so I don't have enough resources to test out other resistance.

The Plexar Kit would be suitable for people that has never tried a mechanical mod before, like me, and wants to get something similar but with safety features inside. The Plexar may have safety protections in it, but that does not mean you can disregard your battery safety as well, as this is still ‘considered’ as a mechanical mod. The only difference is that this provides you with safety features. I would say this will not be suitable for beginners, but instead for intermediate and advanced users. The Plexar requires a high drain battery so it is better to study your ohm laws and at the very least, know your batteries well.

If I were to buy this kit, would I buy it? I would say no for now. But if this stick hits harder on both the Plex tank and any of my dual coil atomizers, I would gladly buy another one. I can see myself using this kit more often from now on.

WHAT IS GOOD
PLEXAR

• Comfortable In The Hands

• 20700 / 21700 Compatible

• Fast Ramp Up Time

• Good Battery Life

• Easy To Use

• 1.5A Charging

• Safety Features

• Aesthetically Pleasing

PLEX TANK WITH SCION PLEX3D COIL

• Sliding Top Fill

• No Leaking

• No Dry Hits

• Good Flavor

• Wicks Well

• Zero Spit Back

• Smooth Airflow Fully Opened

• 2 Bubble Glass Provided

WHAT ISN’T
PLEXAR

• Hits Quite Weak

• Hard To See LED Color Indicators Outdoor

PLEX TANK WITH SCION PLEX3D COIL

• Marking To Locate Top Fill Isn’t In White

• 4ml Capacity Is Too Little IMO

• Non 810 Drip Tip Compatible

• Decent Vapor Production

• Little Awkward Position When Refilling With Bottle

• Airflow Starts Whistling When Closed Down

PRICE OF PLEXAR KIT
KIT

MyVaporStore - $39.99

ElementVape - $39.95

VaporDNA - $42.99

PLEXAR TANK

MyVaporStore - $26.99

ElementVape - $21.95

0.14Ω SCION PLEX3D MESH COIL ( 3 Pieces / Box )

MyVaporStore - $9.99

ElementVape - $11.95

VaporDNA - $14.99

3 Pieces / Box

Thank you for taking the time to read my review on the Plexar Kit Kit by Innokin. This is TheOneVape_Review, signing off.

REVIEWER DISCLAIMER: I only type reviews during my free time so some products may take quite some time to be posted up. All products are used for 2 weeks or more.

PRODUCT DISCLAIMER: Thank you Timmy from Innokin for sending the Plexar Kit over for the purpose of this review and this will not affect my opinions of it.

PICTURE DISCLAIMER: All pictures posted on my threads are purely taken by me and only me. Do not use it without my acknowledgment or giving any credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread