Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Review of the Univapo Kipo Pod Kit (link)
    This kit was provided by a Univapo representative for review.

Days used before review
    : 5 days
    juice used: 50VG 6mg freebase nicotine juice, peppermint, clear, moderately sweet.

The Univapo Kipo packs quite a satisfying hit for such a little device. In terms of it's size it's a true stealth device. In terms of vapor, not so stealthy as it does produce a rather large cloud with 50/50 juice. As you vape on it and the battery voltage drops, so will your vapor production. But honestly, it's not that noticeable until you reach the last 3rd of the battery's charge life (indicated by red LED). This is a tiny and well-designed pod system. The flavor is also quite good for a low powered device.

About the Kipo Pods:
    The kit comes with both at 1.0 ohm pod and a 1.3 ohm pod. I checked on a meter and they are in fact around those resistances. In terms of tightness of hit, I would classify it as a loose MTL to tight RDL, I vape it using both styles of vaping. The pods have never leaked for me in the 5 days I have used this kit. The Kipo pods do not have replaceable coil heads.

Difference between the 1 & 1.3 ohm pods: there is absolutely no difference to me between the 2 pods in terms of tightness of draw. Where I see the difference between the 1 and 1.3 ohm pods is in warmth of vapor and vapor production. The 1.3 ohm pod does have a little cooler vapor and slightly less vapor production & flavor over the 1.0 ohm pod. IMHO, the 1.0 ohm pod produces a more satisfying and flavorful vape because of this, however I usually vape at 18-25 watts on other devices at 0.5 to 1.2 ohms so naturally I would prefer the a warmer vape than what the 1.3 ohm can supply.

The pod design is very comfortable between my lips, but what I like best about the pod is that it freely turns when it's installed in the battery. The reason this is good is becuase you can blindly grab the pod and put it u to your mouth and if the pod us in the wrong orientation it's very easy to readjust it with your mouth to get it into the position it needs to be.

The fill port for the Kipo pods is on the side. Filling is easy except it can be a little annoying trying to pry up the fill port plug if you have short fingernails.

One thing I REALLY like about the Kipo pods is that they prime very easily. I just fill a new pod and take 2 light primer puffs before I insert the pod into the battery and it's ready to vape with no dry or burnt hits. I attribute this to the rather large juice ports on the coil housing. One thing to note is that when the pod is brand new it does appear to spit back for a few puffs right after you fill a pod. However it goes away after a few puffs. This only happened on the first 3 to 5 fills of the pod but it doesn't seem to do it anymore.

After 5 days of moderately heavy use, the pods seems to be holding up very well. There are o signs of burning or reduced vapor or flavor yet. As usual for all vape devices, your mileage will vary as to how long the pods will last according to the juice you use.

About the Kipo Battery:
    The Kipo battery can be fired using a button but also has with a auto-draw sensor so you can vape it without pushing the button, just like smoking. The auto-draw is very responsive and I actually prefer it over using the button. The button is at the bottom of the battery and the device being so small makes it kind of awkward for me to press the button. I guess the smaller your hands are the less awkward it will be (I'd say my hands are medium size). Even the button is highly responsive. Whether you use the button or auto draw, there is no lag time - it fires quickly. The Kipo battery is about the size & shape of a half-smoked cigar and very light. I often hold the Kipo like a cigar when I'm vaping on the it so the auto-draw is definitely nice for that.

The battery has one very small LED light on it hear the bottom. It has 3 colors: Green, Blue and Red. When vaping it, the LED turns on. If it's Green, you are at the top end of the battery charge. Blue means are are in the middle of the battery charge and Red means you're at the bottom and you should probably consider charging the battery at that point.

The Kipo pod system battery is equipped with Type-C USB charging port and is capable of 2 amp charging. I can't really tell you how fast the Kipo charges at 2 amps because I don't have a 2 amp USB power source. But I can tell you that at 1 amp it takes about 1.5 hours to fully charge from when it is completely drained. However I can tell you that what seems to be happening is that it's charging fast up to about 90 or 95%, then it trickle charges the rest of the way. This fast charge to 90 or 95% only takes about 15-20 min on 1 amp. This is good becuase you don't have to charge it the whole way if you don't have the time and you need a vape immediately.

The Kipo pod battery has the usual 5-clicks to turn it off and on, but it also has a standby mode. To get into standby you have to just click the button 3 times. Once in standby, you cannot vape the device. You have to take it out of standby with 3-clicks. You'll know it's in standby becuase if you try to use it the LED light will flash green 3 times. You cannot turn the device off with 5 clicks when the Kipo is in standby mode, you have to first bring it out of standby with 3 clicks, then do the 5 clicks to turn it off. To me, this standby feature serves no purpose when you can just shut it off when you're not using it with 2 more quick clicks.

Recommendation:
    I would definitely recommend The Univapo Kipo to light or infrequent vapers and to light or infrequent cigarette smokers to get them to switch from smoking to vaping. I would also recommend it to the cigar smoker who is looking to get into vaping.

While the Kipo does in fact hold up to chain vaping very well (I chain vaped it quite a bit to see if it could handle it and it did - never a dry or burnt hit), being that it has a small 520mah battery and only 2ml juice capacity, it really isn't designed for heavy use. But I would recommend it for heavy users when they need a stealth device that they'll be using less frequently than normal. In such a case I would recommend using the 1.0 ohm pod over the 1.3 ohm pod.

A suggestion to Univapo:
    To me, the only thing that makes the Kipo's design feminine is certain colors that are available for it (especially the gradient colors). In the black and gunmetal colors especially, the Kipo really isn't feminine in my eyes, it's just a small and stealthy pod kit. I believe it should be marketed toward a wider market - the small vape/stealth vape market. Just my opinion. I would recommend this to men and women alike as a small or stealthy vape, but because of your marketing it may turn the men off which will decrease your sales.

Notable Pros:
    • Light and tiny - super stealthy size
    • Great vapor production and decent flavor.
    • Nice loose MTL to tight RDL draw.
    • Comfortable on the lips
    • Fast charge the first ~90-95% of the battery
    • Never leaked for me
    • Has only one tiny LED light making it more conducive for stealth use.
    • Pods prime quickly with just a couple light primer puffs making them readily available to vape shortly after filling

Notable Cons:
    • Seems to be only available from the manufacturer's website, which means they are shipped from China. This is not good in terms of pod availability. If you can't get the pods at a local vape shop, that means you have to order a lot of pods and plan ahead so that you don't run out before your next order
    • Small liquid capacity
    • Small battery capacity
    • Bottom fire button is awkward to use for me
    • Can spit back for a few puffs right after filling the pod
    • Fill port cover can be hard to pry open if you have very short nails
    • Charging cable supplied is very short (7.5 inches end to end)

Some pictures
    :

QdVn7ve.jpg

S0RBVS8.jpg

Qg5NoKA.jpg

hNX4a3x.jpg

L1tbVw9.jpg

eYK15XO.jpg

9qAW93V.jpg

9CoqFzS.jpg

yfWin5h.jpg

Sf2BZl6.jpg

Specifications:
    Dim: 18.6mm x 86.9mm (user measured)
    Wt.: 33.5g (user measured)
    Battery capacity: 520mah
    Battery Output Power: 15W
    Battery charging: USB Type-C, 2 amp max.
    Pod Capacity: 2ml
    Pod resistance: 1 ohm & 1.3 ohm (user measured)
    Pod fill type: Side

Package includes:
    • 1x battery
    • 2x pods - 1x 1.0 ohm and 1x 1.3 ohm
    • 1x Lanyard chain with easy-to-use clasp
    • 1x silicone lanyard attachement ring
    • 1x charging cable
    • 1x User manual
    • 1x Warranty card
    • Marketing materials

Last edited:

UNIVAPO_Rebecca

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 4, 2020
    Dongguan,China
    www.univapo.com
    Thank you for your detailed review, Uncle Junkle!:hubba: For the biggest con you mentioned now we already have a US warehouse, so if anyone orders, we can ship directly from our US warehouse.

P.S. We're hiring part-timers to help us with the ground promotion works. If anyone interested, drop me a message or email marketing02@univapo.com;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread