REVIEW YOUR REGULATED MOD AFTER 8 MONTHS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2015
I myself have not been that fortunate. Even in the 80 or 90 dollar range for a kit. I find now that most don't last too long. For Xmass I bought 4 regulated mods. 2 are dead already, and 2 still alive, but showing problems. Obviously no mechs are included in this thread. I think company's are cranking out crappy regulated crap! So I thought to myself what a better way to find out than this. So please tell me how your mod performs after 8 months...If you made it that far. Thanks..and don't get me wrong, I love to vape.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I've got plenty over 8 months. In fact, I've only had around 5 die in 4 years.

BUT I take care of my mods (not saying you don't), and I rotate through many.

My Stepdot is VERY hard on mods, and is still using a pair of first gen Wismec Reuleaux... Two years old...

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
I love you bro lol but I got one and the fire button doesn't work after 2 months. And even from the beginning, ohms jumping around and no atty warning. It's now a brick. I hope your new one works out.

Authorized distributors offer standard 90 days warranty for all Geekvape devices. You should contact place where you bought it to fix your button problem or replace the mod.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Take a look at the new Geek Vape Aegis Legend or the Original Aegis. They're as close to bomb-proof as you're likely to find.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
[emoji106]
c816f1cb540e60d91cdbfb64d7fa02ee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I highly recommend the Asmodus Minikin 2 - I have five, one never opened. It is that good. I dropped one on an asphalt driveway and it kept on ticking. I have so many because I love this mod, it feels very comfortable in my hand and just works well. LOVE that mod and prefer it to my Therion 75c, which is also a wonder of a mod.

Good luck!

2af542cd59c680abcbb8b75bb050fc5e.jpg

58b77d7a8fad53c5ab90a5b45c9f0457.jpg

4e00893af24494a6fb1760c8dca0a7be.jpg

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I have 2 Sigelei Zmaxs that both still work although one was a backup and never used. I moved on from them because they lack the power I need now. Then I got a kanger 160 that bricked after a few months for no reason. After that I’ve bought all Smoant’s, Battlestar, Charon TS, and Cylon. All still work and haven’t missed a beat, although I only use the Cylon now. Oh and I won a wisemec p80 that I use also that works great but is only around 3 months old. Forgot about my aspire Pegasus. It still works but was retired awhile ago. Really the only mod that was garbage was the kanger 160. It never had a serious drop onto a hard surface and was pretty much babied. The damn thing just quit for no good reason. Luckily after that mod I found Smoant’s offerings and I haven’t looked back. Maybe you should look into Smoant mods. They are all in the $40-$50 range and are built to last. Best of luck to you and I hope the vape gods, both old and new, shine their glorious light brightly upon you. :nun:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
My oldest mod (that I know of) was an IPV-5. I've retired it but it still works. I hope I don't curse myself, but I haven't broken a mod yet. I do search for durability, and the longer I vape, the more I try to take care of my mods. My Steampunk nano is a total workhorse. I've pretty much done most of what you can do to kill a mod to it, it just keeps going.

And yes, if you want longevity, you need to look for quality. Given the rapid rate by which you seem to go through mods, I'm wondering if there is some similarity to their death? Either you are buying substandard equipment, but if you broke an Ages, that had to take talent. IDK. I'm not trying to call you out on anything, but as someone who is also quite hard on mods, I'd say look for durability (and yes, that sometimes comes at a premium but not always) but maybe consider if there are things you may be doing that are decreasing the life of your mod. Perhaps you are just unlucky, but if there is some sort of pattern going on, (I heard fire button a lot) you may want to care for and feed your mods a little more as well. Etc.

IDK, me and Kangertech, for example, have an unhappy relationship. There is no way I'd ever buy another KT mod, because they break when I look at them funny (this was back during my dual use attempts) and there are other vapers that just LOVE them. And, I'm not stating KT is bad, just bad for ME.

Durability: I am a fan of Teslacigs. Especially the metal mods. I think it would be fairly tough to break, say, a Punk (220 watt) metal mod, for example.

Best of luck,

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread