Status
Not open for further replies.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I have 4 vapedroid c1d2's that still work great. One of them drains the battery if left on a shelf for long periods of time, though. I guess they're 2 years old or so. I don't really remember when they came out. I use mechs 95% of the time, so to be honest, they're not exactly work horses.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Now I'm sick to my stomach! But the mods you guys have are in the 140 dollar range I think. I'm starting to see a trend.
Joyetech and Eleaf are two great manufacturers. I've had mods from them that are working great after two years.
As for ohms jumping, 1 or 2 shouldn't be a concern, it's just coils expanding and contracting. If it's more, and you're rebuilding, check your coils. It might be touching something.

Reactions: stols001

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I highly recommend the Asmodus Minikin 2 - I have five, one never opened. It is that good. I dropped one on an asphalt driveway and it kept on ticking. I have so many because I love this mod, it feels very comfortable in my hand and just works well. LOVE that mod and prefer it to my Therion 75c, which is also a wonder of a mod.

Good luck!

2af542cd59c680abcbb8b75bb050fc5e.jpg

58b77d7a8fad53c5ab90a5b45c9f0457.jpg

4e00893af24494a6fb1760c8dca0a7be.jpg
brass? I had never seen one! I vouch like you for the Minikin II and the Colossal, the 1 battery to the Minikin.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
My oldest mod (that I know of) was an IPV-5. I've retired it but it still works. I hope I don't curse myself, but I haven't broken a mod yet. I do search for durability, and the longer I vape, the more I try to take care of my mods. My Steampunk nano is a total workhorse. I've pretty much done most of what you can do to kill a mod to it, it just keeps going.

And yes, if you want longevity, you need to look for quality. Given the rapid rate by which you seem to go through mods, I'm wondering if there is some similarity to their death? Either you are buying substandard equipment, but if you broke an Ages, that had to take talent. IDK. I'm not trying to call you out on anything, but as someone who is also quite hard on mods, I'd say look for durability (and yes, that sometimes comes at a premium but not always) but maybe consider if there are things you may be doing that are decreasing the life of your mod. Perhaps you are just unlucky, but if there is some sort of pattern going on, (I heard fire button a lot) you may want to care for and feed your mods a little more as well. Etc.

IDK, me and Kangertech, for example, have an unhappy relationship. There is no way I'd ever buy another KT mod, because they break when I look at them funny (this was back during my dual use attempts) and there are other vapers that just LOVE them. And, I'm not stating KT is bad, just bad for ME.

Durability: I am a fan of Teslacigs. Especially the metal mods. I think it would be fairly tough to break, say, a Punk (220 watt) metal mod, for example.

Best of luck,

Anna
Same happens to me with Vaporesso. They just DONT work.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
brass? I had never seen one! I vouch like you for the Minikin II and the Colossal, the 1 battery to the Minikin.

The Naval Brass from Trinity Glass is very nice DT. I don't use mine as often as I used to, preferring resin these days but I am sure I will return to them because variety keeps it all new. :)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
The Naval Brass from Trinity Glass is very nice DT. I don't use mine as often as I used to, preferring resin these days but I am sure I will return to them because variety keeps it all new. :)
Trinity Glass has changed hands. My last batch of nips were not the same quality as my originals. Not as smooth and they don't clean as well. Would rather pay the higher price and have the better quality.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Trinity Glass has changed hands. My last batch of nips were not the same quality as my originals. Not as smooth and they don't clean as well. Would rather pay the higher price and have the better quality.

I have my originals and they are in good shape. Thanks for the info about Trinity. I am using resin DTs now - I like a certain shape that isn't easy to find. John on FB makes something close and I have a few of his. FT has them in one colorway pack but maybe they will expand the selection. Too bad about Trinity though.

Last edited:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I have been using my HCigar DNA 75D all day, every day since I got it in Oct 2017. I only have this one solitary mod in my "rotation", and to date it still works as flawlessly as the day I got it. My "puff counter" is at 79,727 and has never been reset.

Mike F

Apr 28, 2018
I'm Jealous. I guess I have had some bad luck. Thinking about the smok x priv to break my bad streak.
LOL. Don't go with smok if you're looking to break your streak. I like smok because they're cheap. Got a g-priv for 49.99 the other day. My fourth smok. But it seems they never last and they always have issues.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
LOL. Don't go with smok if you're looking to break your streak. I like smok because they're cheap. Got a g-priv for 49.99 the other day. My fourth smok. But it seems they never last and they always have issues.
For $50.00 you can buy a real mod like the Aegis Legend or Vaporesso Revenger X.

_Lee

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
FLA
Failed mods
  • 3-5 iStick 20/30s failed
  • 1 iStick 50w failed
  • Sold a bunch of other mods (CoolFire4, Provari Mini, AIO, etc)
  • Many Vision spinners died
Still working
  • 2 Pico's - gifted them both to get friends off smokes - still working
  • Wismec Presa 75 - gifted and still works perfectly
  • SMY SDNA75 - using today
  • IPV D2 - using today
  • Smok ePipe - rarely use
  • Smok H Priv 220(?) - new in box; never used
  • 1st Gen VTC Mini - 510 started wiggling this week; benched for now; current firmware
  • Cuboid 150 - still works perfectly; current firmware
  • GeekVape Aegis - works perfectly (not the Legend)
  • LavaBox DNA 75 - works great still
  • HANA Modz ONE (30w DNA) - wonky but work; fire button is meh
  • SIMPL and Phantom mechs - still perfect
  • Innokin iTaste VV - screen is dead but still fires (retired)
  • MVP2 - still works perfectly (retired)

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I have only really retired one mod from usage and that was a Sigelei Mini 30W Box Mod, after 4-5years the 510 was wearing out. This turned out to be common problem for that mod.
I had a problem with a Brand new Wismec RX 2/3, the 3 Battery Door Sled did not make good contact with the mod. The mods battery contact on the bottom was not mounted right and caught itself on the body not allowing it to pop out to it’s regular position to meet with the Doors bottom terminal, I could adjust the door terminal but it had to be very loose which I wasn’t comfortable with.
Again, this was a common problem amongst early models and I ordered it from VapeNW.com which I’ve realized most mods I got from them were early models.
I had to go as far as make a Video to show exactly what the problem was, by the time I got an RMA I said screw it and kept using it in dual 18650 mode as I’m not going to hit 300W
and battery life isn’t an issue.

Iv owned other Sigelei’s, P4Y’s, DNA Mods, Asmodus, Smok, Joyetech, Wismec, Innokin, Vamo’s, etc.
I have ran them past 5 years without issue. Some more than most, I am very careful with them, Don’t think any have gotten soaked in e-liquid even though I have lol I tend to take certain Tanks off if I think they will leak while I’m gone.

I think that’s the only real issues I have had..

Wraithkrown

Jul 14, 2015
Nashville TN USA
Lets see, i own a lot of mods. Here is the list:
Aspire 30 watt (esp i think)
Original Snowolf 200 watt
Relough RX200 (dead in about 3 months with bad 510 connector)
Liasimo S3 ( 510 pin rubbed through wire insulation but was able to repair. Does not fire sometimes)
Eleaf TC200 (still works great mainly use for rebuilding)
Ijoy Maxo Quad (still works but after a drop on steel stairs and concrete landing i have to play with battery door to get good conection)
RX300 (510 issues would read .05-.1 ohms too high. No more reloughs for me)
Driptech TS (dead after two months)
Another Maxo Quad (keep original as backup just tired of fighting battery door)
Steamcrave Titan PWM (have owned for 3 days. First few hours of use fire botton would sometimes get stuck in. Works fine now)

Driptech was biggest disapointment.
First maxo quad saw at least a year of steady use. It is by far my favorite.
The Titan PWM has not seen enough use for accurate reliability assessment. In my opinion DNA devices are not worth the high cost although i have never owned one.
I am pretty easy on my mods. I rarely drop them.
In my opinion, you can not go wrong with the Maxo Quad. It is big though (4 18650's). It is not perfect though. The 510 connector sits about .75 mm above top of mod(i like it as it keeps atomizors from scratching top of mod. The gap bothers some folks though.). The battery door is a little ganky though( you can see through gap between door and mod. Also allows mod to rock a little on a flat surface.)
Good luck in your quest for a mod.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I have five SX350j 3D printed Boxer mods. Most have new boards in them because they were my daily beaters. No biggie. $25 replacement boards so I just soldered in a new one and away I go. I have 10 replacement boards, some spare magnets & battery contacts and about a dozen replacement 510s for them. I replaced 4 or 5 boards in 3 years. Dropped from the table, counters, from atop boulders while hiking, off the seat to the pavement getting out of the car, etc etc, electronics don't like that kind of abuse but all the mods are intact. I had to reglue the magnets sometimes but they're magnets so there they were.

I put the Boxers aside last month when I started accumulating Legend kits.
Now I have 5 Legend kits in use with GV Supermesh coils. I'll revisit in 8 mos.
The Boxers are on vacation and might migrate to the vapocalypse box.

One of my Legends' Aero tank is hard to close the airflow. It works, it's just tight. I dropped my Legend from chest height onto the parking lot and it landed square on the drip tip. I picked it up and chucked a cloud. No problem with the mod but that AFC is sticky. Not a bad damage report considering.

2.5 year old RX200 on my worktable made an RX200 shaped dent in the wall.
Replaced the tank's broken glass, refill, vape.
Dropped it a few times. Was lucky that it didn't crack the tile. No problem.
Still on the worktable and works fine.

I bought this ProVari 2.5 beater from a roofer.
It still works 100% - it just has character :)
contrasting black minis.jpg

2.5's are brutal mods. I still have a few. A friend has used a 2.5, that he bought from me, everyday for over 2 years and my wife has been using a pink 2.5 every day for over 3 years. Hers has fallen out of bed onto the hardwood floor hundreds of times. It's wrapped in Serenity Gear Leather but really, hundreds of times. Brutal.

Last edited:

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018
I've read that many have problems with kanger's mods. Let me tell you that my kbox 160w has been the mod I've been using daily for about 3 years now. My packup is an istick 60w by eleaf. Both are great. I don't have any other mods. Just the 2 of them in 3 years. The first two years I only used them partly cause I smoked but they are both beasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread